Cozy Mysteries discussion

Archived > CMT Bingo R5 Team 4: 4-ever Sleuthing

Comments Showing 1-50 of 357 (357 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Kimberly (last edited Aug 24, 2015 11:50PM) (new)

Kimberly (gravy) Team 4: 4-ever Sleuthing
Captain Linda!

Members
Kimberly (message 19)
Delitealex
Linda
Christine
Sally906

message 2: by Kimberly (last edited Nov 25, 2015 10:27AM) (new)

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) Welcome Team #4!

Please pick a team captain and if desired, a team name. If you have any questions about the game at any time, please let me know.

Have fun!!

message 4: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Hi team!!! I'm so excited to start playing a new round with y'all.

message 5: by Lesley (last edited Aug 19, 2015 10:15PM) (new)

Lesley | 124 comments Hi Kimberly & Anastasia

**cough cough** got the wrong team (red face)

message 6: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 49 comments Hey team I'm looking forward to playing with you all and discovering new books.

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7480 comments Hi everyone!! Can't wait to start playing!

message 8: by Diana (new)

Diana | 28 comments Too late to join ?!

message 9: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Anyone have an idea for a team name?

message 10: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7480 comments Kimberly wrote: "Anyone have an idea for a team name?"

I think that's always the hardest part of the game - coming up with a team name! I'll put my thinking cap on.

message 11: by Kimberly (last edited Aug 20, 2015 01:38PM) (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) I agree Linda! I'm awful at coming up with names on my own. I did a quick search and the ones that stood out were:

Marmaladies
Cozy Brigade
4-ever Sleuthing
Readers of the Lost Ark

I'll wait and see what y'all come up with. Have y'all (ha, might be obvious I'm from the South) played Bingo before? I've completed two rounds with this group and one over in the Crazy Challenge Connection group. I haven't read any cozies this summer so my bookshelf is stocked and ready with plenty of selections.

Christine - come out, come out wherever you are!!

message 12: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7480 comments This is my 5th round and I've been lucky enough to win one round! I like 4-ever Sleuthing for a name. Does anyone have a desire to be captain?

message 13: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) I sent Christine a PM to let her know the game is about to start and we can't wait for her to join us!

I'll let you know when I hear from her.

message 14: by Christine (last edited Aug 20, 2015 03:20PM) (new)

Christine | 97 comments Hello ladies I'm here. Sorry it took so long. I think 4 ever sleuthing is good for a team name. I can't wait to play. I've got my bingo box all set.

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) YAY!!! Christine is here!!!

message 16: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Hi Christine!!!

The last group I was in, I was captain so if anyone else wants to give it a go, that would be great. If no one else has a desire though, I can give it another go.

message 17: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 49 comments I like 4ever sleuthing or Readers of the lost Ark

message 18: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7480 comments Sounds like we all like 4-ever sleuthing, so should this be our team name? I've captained before and can do it again or not, I'm fine either way.

message 19: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) I think our team name is settled! You've got my vote for captain.

message 20: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7480 comments Diana wrote: "Too late to join ?!"

Diana I would check with Kimberly in the discussion thread about joining. If she gets enough people she might do another team or you can be an alternate.

message 21: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) Diana wrote: "Too late to join ?!"
Hi Diana! I'm so sorry I didn't see this post sooner.
It's sort of not really too late to join! I have one more person that missed out on the sign ups and since you'll get to see that I'm pretty easy going, I'll let it slide. :)
We will probably have two teams of 5 this round...

message 22: by Christine (new)

Christine | 97 comments I'm so ready for this round to start. Anyone else starting to chant?
culinary anyone?
Linda I'm fine with you being captain.

message 23: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) I started saving books to a list this afternoon. Slowly working through the categories making sure I have something for each one. I'm excited. So many good ones that I can't wait to dive in and read.

message 24: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 49 comments I'm so ready to start. Quite a few cozies have caught my eye recently.

message 25: by Christine (new)

Christine | 97 comments So theme is travel. Hmm. Going to have to do a little digging through my books. Will pick later today.

message 26: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Fun theme to start with. I'm going to go with Off Kilter by Hannah Reed

message 27: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7480 comments I love travel and I especially like Maddy Hunter's passport to peril series. I'll be reading Norway to Hide.

message 28: by Delitealex (last edited Aug 22, 2015 03:44PM) (new)

Delitealex | 49 comments For travel I'm gonna go with Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody #1) by Elizabeth Peters and for free space A Slice of Murder (Pizza Lovers, #1) by Chris Cavender from the groups bookshelf

message 29: by Kimberly (last edited Aug 22, 2015 03:26PM) (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) I haven't read any of those selections yet. I'll look forward to your reviews. Bingo always makes my wish list grow weekly!!

message 30: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) For free space, I'll read The Pickled Piper by Mary Ellen Hughes - it's on page 1 of the group's bookshelf.

message 31: by Christine (new)

Christine | 97 comments I will be reading Alpine for You: A Passport to Peril Mystery by Maddy Hunter

I haven't read anything by this author before but I've heard they are very good.

For free space I will be reading Magic and Macaroons by Bailey Cates

message 32: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) I love the Magical Bakery series! That one is on my list!! I've read the first two books in the Maddy Hunter series so far. I hope you enjoy it.

message 33: by Diana (new)

Diana | 28 comments Linda wrote: "Diana wrote: "Too late to join ?!"

Diana I would check with Kimberly in the discussion thread about joining. If she gets enough people she might do another team or you can be an alternate."

Linda wrote: "Diana wrote: "Too late to join ?!"

Diana I would check with Kimberly in the discussion thread about joining. If she gets enough people she might do another team or you can be an alternate."

Great
thank you !!!!

message 34: by Diana (new)

Diana | 28 comments Kimberly wrote: "Diana wrote: "Too late to join ?!"
It's sort of not really too late to join! I have one more person that missed out on the sign ups and since ..."

Excellent :) I'm really looking forward to join in the fun. Thank you for
allowing me to take part !!!!

message 35: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7480 comments Shelf - Travel
Book - Norway to Hide by Maddy Hunter Norway to Hide (Passport to Peril, #6) by Maddy Hunter
Finished - 8/23/15
4 stars

This was a good installment in the series. Not quite as over the top as some of the other ones can be, must have been the Scandinavian influence. I do enjoy traveling with Emily, Nana and everyone else. It was somewhat odd that the whole tour was comprised of two groups of seniors - one from Iowa and the other from Florida. Totally had no clue who did it - but that's typical for me.

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (finegael) | 283 comments Diana wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Diana wrote: "Too late to join ?!"
It's sort of not really too late to join! I have one more person that missed out on the si..."

Diana, welcome to team 1 - come on over to our thread!

message 37: by Moondance (last edited Aug 24, 2015 11:19AM) (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 288 comments Hi Kimberly! Did Miss C make it off to school okay? I haven't checked Instagram for photos yet. Are you doing ok?

Just saw her pic! Love that smile!

message 38: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) So sweet of you to ask. Sounds like she had a great first day. She has been talking our ear off about everything they did today.

My husband and I held it together and didn't shed a tear, but we did check the clock every 10-15 minutes all day long until we could pick her back up ;-) I definitely missed my shadow!

message 39: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 288 comments Kimberly wrote: "So sweet of you to ask. Sounds like she had a great first day. She has been talking our ear off about everything they did today.

My husband and I held it together and didn't shed a tear, but we d..."

:-)

message 40: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 G'day all

Thank you for having me on your team :)

I see the theme is travel - I will wander off to my cosy pile and see what I have that fits.

I am off to bed now - will post my book tomorrow

I live in Australia so apart from a brief crossover I am usually up while the northern hemisphere sleeps - then sleep while you guys are up and around :)

message 41: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7480 comments Welcome to the team Sally!

message 42: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 Just had a quick look at my shelf - thinking of The Messenger of Athens by Anne Zouroudi

The little fat detective has been likened to Christies Periot.

message 43: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 Linda wrote: "Welcome to the team Sally!"

Thank you :)

Now it is almost midnight so off to sleep for me.

message 44: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Hi Sally. Welcome to the team!!!

message 45: by Christine (new)

Christine | 97 comments Welcome to the team Sally!

I finished my free space book so I will post the review as soon as I am at a computer.

message 46: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 49 comments Welcome Sally

message 47: by Christine (last edited Aug 26, 2015 05:34PM) (new)

Christine | 97 comments Theme: Free Space
Book: Magic and Macaroons by Bailey Cates
Rating: 4 stars
Date Read: August 25, 2015
Review: I love the magical bakery series. This is the fifth book in the series. Katie, who is a hedgewitch, runs the Honeybee bakery with her aunt and uncle. During a meeting of her spellbook club a young girl comes into the bakery and collapes, but not before telling Katie that her uncle told her if she was ever in trouble to go see Katie. She tells Katie about a gris gris, a voodoo talisman. This leads to a connection to the murder of a homicide detective because he died while a voodoo ritual was performed. I absolutely loved this book. It kept me guessing right to the end.

message 48: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Looking forward to reading that one Christine!!

I'm nearly finished with my travel book. Our daughter started Kindergarten this week so we've been trying to get use to a new schedule and routine.

message 49: by Kimberly (last edited Aug 28, 2015 10:33AM) (new)

Kimberly (whatkreads) Happy Friday everyone.

Week 1: Travel
Read: Off Kilter by Hannah Reed
Finished: 8/28/15
Rated: 4 stars

Eden has been through a rough year full of emotions as she looses her mother to MS and goes through a divorce. Her good friend Ami decides Eden needs a change a scenery. A chance to get away, collect her thoughts, maybe discover what they actually do wear under those kilts and hopefully gather some inspiration to complete the novel she is working on writing. Ami books an open ended trip for Eden to visit the quaint village of Glenkillen, Scotland. The countryside is breathtaking, the sheep are numerous and there's a ton of cultural challenges for the American to get acquainted with. The first friend she makes is Vicki MacBride. Vicki is the heiress to her late father's farm, but finds herself in quite a family feud over her inheritance. Things quickly get interesting when Eden and Vicki stumble upon a murder scene, start getting framed for several crimes and find their lives in serious danger!

This was a pleasant good start to a new series. I've enjoyed Reed's Queen Bee series and was anxious to try this one out since I like her writing style. This one definitley didn't disappoint. The characters are an eclectic bunch, the setting is unique and the mystery was well paced. I really liked the main character. She is smart, witty and just seems relatable. I loved reading about her challenges when it came to driving, trying new cuisine and deciphering the local dialect. I look forward to reading the next book in the series and watching a few of the characters and storylines progress.

message 50: by Linda (new)

Linda (rudylkr) | 7480 comments Sounds like everyone has been reading some good books. Looking forward to the new theme tomorrow!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8