Book Drunkard's Book Challenge discussion

2015 Challenge > Banned Books Suggestions (Task 2)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by BookDrunkard (new)

BookDrunkard | 46 comments Mod
This thread is for giving suggestions for the Banned Book topic. Please feel free to offer your own suggestions or take suggestions from others! Or pick your own!

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth Joels (willowwhisper) | 19 comments Neverwhere seems to fit in a lot of categories. :)

message 4: by BookDrunkard (new)

Well, I *am* partial! I would put it on every list I could! It's one of my favorites!

message 5: by Beth (last edited Dec 08, 2015 08:36AM) (new)

Beth Joels (willowwhisper) | 19 comments Okay! I finished off a bunch of things, and the fervor over the recent republishing has died down, so I finally requested Neverwhere from my library! Woo! I may not get it done by the end of December considering how the month gets, but I have a chance. :) I'm excited! :) :)

message 6: by BookDrunkard (new)

I hope you like it! I know Pamela is also attempting to read it this month! I just finished Me, Earl and the Dying Girl...so I'm hoping I can get my banned book-Perks of Being a Wallflower read in the next couple of weeks. It's short, so I'm hopeful!

message 7: by Beth (new)

Beth Joels (willowwhisper) | 19 comments I did it! I loved it! I love the way I keep thinking about the end and then I love it even more. It's like, I process a little more, and then it gets even better.

message 8: by BookDrunkard (new)

YAY!!!!! I'm so glad you loved it and that you keep thinking about it! It's my favorite Neil Gaiman book, well, it's just my favorite book! I've listened to the audiobook, the audio play, and I own it in e-book and paperback. I want the new fancy hardcover addition that came out too! Oh! There is also a BBC mini-series that is pretty good, I think it's on Netflix if you are ever tempted to check it out! :)

message 9: by BookDrunkard (new)

Also, I finished my banned book just now! I 100% loved it. As a matter of fact, I may have to read it again. :)