Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Do you usually take a long time to become a librarian?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ✎ Teresa (new)

✎ Teresa | 19 comments Two months ago, or maybe more, I sent my application to be a librarian and to help the community. But I have not received a reply yet...Is this normal?

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4414 comments That sounds unusually long.

I got accepted on my second attempt. I've been told what you put in the "Why do you want to be a librarian?" space is very important.

Looking at your home page, you speak at least two languages - that could be a good thing to mention.

Good luck!

message 3: by Cait S (new)

Cait S I received mine six days after I applied so it sounds like two months would be an unusual time to receive an approval. Maybe try applying again, if you'd like.

Best of luck!

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4414 comments I forgot to mention - GR doesn't let you know if you are unsuccessful.

message 5: by ✎ Teresa (new)

✎ Teresa | 19 comments Yes, I tried to resubmit the application, but it appeared a message saying that I had already sent and this was underway. So, I can only wait? I can't do anything?

message 6: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13555 comments Tessa wrote: "Yes, I tried to resubmit the application, but it appeared a message saying that I had already sent and this was underway."

That is good, that means they haven't rejected you yet. You might still hear from them.