Insomnia Book Club discussion

Games > What Book Am I?

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amaya, Bookworm (last edited Aug 19, 2015 11:51AM) (new)

Amaya | 1553 comments Mod
Barnes & Nobles has a really cute thing on twitter for Wednesdays. You take a picture of a page from the book that you're reading and someone has to guess what you're reading.

For "What Book Am I?" in this discussion/game thread members can post either a picture or type out a paragraph from a page of the book/e-book that they own. You can post on any day that you want whenever you want.

Example:

Person A: *posts pic of book page(s) or types out a paragraph*
Person B: "Is it Dragonbane by Sherrilyn Kenyon?"
Person C: "Is it Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling?"

Members can guess the answer as many times as they want. The person who guesses the correct answer will then post their "book picture" or "book paragraph".

To get things started here is a paragraph from an e-book that I own....

"Unfortunately, the cabinets were locked, presumably by more sorcery. But the contents of his desk were more than enough to keep her occupied. She found building plans for an expansion of the 1st Ring, an accounting of the prisoners in some fortress called the Rot, and a list of every fallen angel warden employed in the Inner Sanctum. Then there were the knickknacks on his desktop."

message 2: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Oh this is a really clever game. Although I'll admit at first I was like ah shit I haven't read so many of the same books as most folks. But the thrill is back now. And so I'm going to guess....is it Hades by Larissa Ione?

message 3: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

thought so too O_O! wanted to do it like b&n but then realized well ppl might know what it is bc of the currently reading statuses etc on gr rofl. and u shouldnt doubt urself bc u are correct XD!

message 4: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Haha thanks. I actually was like not sure what it was til I saw the 1st ring part of it and searching in the desk, haha. And yea might have to be a bit covert with some of our statuses so folks won't cheat. And actually let me go and dig out one of my books and post up a part of it too.

message 5: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

lmao yw XD. haha yeah. haha yeah thats why i didnt wanna use currently reading as part of it. okies ^.^

message 6: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Dude total luck of the draw that I found it!!!1

"Sara was thinking it may be time to take Miki out for a coffee or something. Anything to keep her from getting them all killed. Especially when the blond bear started wandering toward her, with the possible intent of trying to talk to her. Miki turned to Sara with a look of pure panic. “Tell me he’s not coming over here.”

“Not everyone is loved by Thor. God of Thunder.”

Miki glared but still couldn’t stifle at laugh, “I hate you.”

Sara grinned and would have helped her friend escape true love, but he walked in."

message 7: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

yay! hm o_o can i ask if u know if ive read that book before or not?

message 8: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Yep, you actually read it was it last year or so. I think I even commented on you reading it. Bit of a hint it is from a short PNR series.

message 9: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

maybe its the one i thought of and thought wasnt it then O_O. cant remember the name of it tho just that it was a shifter series -checks-....

after A LOT of digging finally found the series that i was thinking of LOL and the title wasnt what i thought it was called either -dead-. is it from Go Fetch!?

message 10: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Right series but wrong book. Kind of surprised me too actually.

message 11: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

gah >.> LOL figures. okies so the other one i was thinking of for that series was Pack Challenge. if u say no im going to start naming every book from the series LOL -dead- kidding-ish

message 12: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Haha, correct sis. Which annoyed the crap out of me cause that was the book I was going through to find it in the first place and must have been going so fast that even I flipped over it.

message 13: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

yay XD. LOL omg poor sis. must of lmao

hm >.> time to think of what next book to post

message 14: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

here we go!

lmao this one might be an easy one...

“Protect myself from what?” I asked. “What’s out there that’s so bad?”

Metis hesitated. “I think that’s a discussion best left for another day. After all, we wouldn’t want to scare you off before the fall semester starts.”

She tried to smile, but her lips wouldn’t quite turn up all the way. After a minute, she quit trying and looked away from me.

message 15: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Okay, I know it's a Mythos book and I believe the first one. But I can't recall the first one to save my life.

So doing a quick look up from here... Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) by Jennifer Estep

message 16: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

lmao u did the same thing as me sis. correct series but wrong book :I

message 17: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Yea and it's a good one you chose too. Cause it sounds like it's still early in the series and yet I'm thinking of the one before the whole Reaper Girl stuff. So as a possible hint, is it from one of the novellas or one of the main books?

message 18: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

and now im missing the series rofl e.e. i "think" itd be considered a novella

message 19: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Hmmm.....First Frost?

message 20: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

yes! XD

message 21: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Woohoo!!!

message 22: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

XD!

message 23: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Another one of my faves:

"So, does this make you visibly challenged?

No, but if you don’t lay off me, I’m going to make you breathing impaired."

message 24: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

LOL thats funny. shall have to think on that one hm o_o

message 25: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Major hint it's from the AG herself. ;) And of course DH related.

message 26: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

AG? author goddess? >.> LOL okies this is gonna take me a bit not sure if i read that one or not -thinks-. will try to figure it out today

message 27: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Yep definitely Kenyon related and another hint it's a early book in the series. Not one of the alter ones.

message 28: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

hm o_o was thinking it wasnt a more recent one so to speak. LOL good job on this one sis. really gotta think on it XD. thinking its one of the books wayyyy in the beginning bc the banter just sounds like it would be.... what about Seize the Night. is it from there? -folds hands, looking up at sky, praying- rofl

message 29: by Dhfan4life (last edited Aug 25, 2015 11:58AM) (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Haha nopes, it's even earlier than that. Does involve two fave characters though of ours. :) Two guys.

message 30: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

havent read the entire series still -thinks- it wouldnt be Night Embrace would it?

message 31: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Correct. And actually I thought you had, cause I could have sworn you had read this one as we had laughed about what Sunshine did to poor Talon's pants and what not.

message 32: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

phew lmao XD. oooh we did. i read some of it just not all of it yet

message 33: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

next book >.>

Recognition froze me solid. I swore under my breath and felt the half-bottle of beer I’d swallowed in Elizabeth’s kitchen churning in my stomach. I craned to see out my rear window and realized that I’d bashed in the front of an obviously new Blazer belonging to one very unhappy cop.

message 34: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Amaya wrote: "phew lmao XD. oooh we did. i read some of it just not all of it yet"

Oooh that is right. Sorry about that one. It was when Ash was waiting for Nick to come form one of his classes.

message 35: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Amaya wrote: "next book >.>

Recognition froze me solid. I swore under my breath and felt the half-bottle of beer I’d swallowed in Elizabeth’s kitchen churning in my stomach. I craned to see out my rear window a..."

This is a good one totally don't recognize it. But I am memory challenged after all lol. But will work on it. ;)

message 36: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

nothing to be sorry for XD. if multiple ppl were playing this not everyone would of read w/e someone posted anyways.

LOL its okies. uve def read it tho XD. if u want a hint let me know

message 37: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments True that. Was it an infamous two stars? :D

message 38: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

>.> -checks-.... no 2 stars lmao. i "think" we were gonna do a buddy read on it but didnt

message 39: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments I know what it is now! Chocolate Dipped Death (A Candy Shop Mystery, #2) by Sammi Carter took me forty forevers cause I was like, dude only other Elizabeth I know is Beth from BDB. But then they don't really go in for beer. So had to think back to who else could be feeling so bad and driving so irradically.

message 40: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

close! right series but wrong book. LOL i didnt even think of that with beth and BDB. thats true the beer :I

message 41: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Peppermint Twisted (A Candy Shop Mystery, #3) by Sammi Carter but wait you got around to reading it? Like where was I? lol.

message 42: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

lmao wrong one again sis

message 43: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

oh and no i didnt read that one yet

message 44: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments Get out of dodge it was in the first one? O_O Dude I've definitely read so many books I've forgotten about that. Although I think it had happened in the other books too, lol. That character has definitely had a time since coming back home.

message 45: by Amaya, Bookworm (new)

yup the first one. lmao its okies. could be. ikr! O_O

-falls flat on face- left early this morning and got home an hour or so ago. so sleepy and gotta do it again tomorrow rofl o.e except with my moms grandkids

message 46: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments No probs. Sounds like sis needs an early night. I totally stayed in bed longer today myself. Was just happy to not be going anywhere for a change today.