The Demented Book Club discussion

General > Questions!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nandini (new)

Nandini (thenabokoveffect) | 77 comments Mod
This discussion board is basically for any questions – from any member (which also includes me!) Feel free to ask anything! x

message 2: by Nandini (new)

Okay, I have a question I'd love if you all could answer: Should we rather have just one readalong in a month or two? Because with two readalongs, everyone will get a better chance of participating since they will have a choice between two books! Though, of course, they could still not own either of them and might not be able to participate, it will definitely increase the chances! Also, for people who are comfortable with both, they can read both or either of them!
Or do you guys think that'll get too confusing? Let me know! x

message 3: by Komal (new)

Komal (bookishidentity) I think that we should start with a one readalong. It becomes easier. I think.

Rebecca (StayingUpTillMorning) | 3 comments I think we should start with just one book as well. Only because even if I don't have the book everyone is reading I'll still be interested in what everyone else is saying about it. And then the whole group will be talking about one book and not split up :)

message 5: by Nandini (new)

StayingUpTillMorning wrote: "I think we should start with just one book as well. Only because even if I don't have the book everyone is reading I'll still be interested in what everyone else is saying about it. And then the wh..."

Komal wrote: "I think that we should start with a one readalong. It becomes easier. I think."

Alrighty! That actually makes a lot of sense, haha, thank you! Maybe in the future we can think of creating 2 readalongs when a lot of people have conflicting ideas on which book to read? For now, though, let's leave it to one book then!<3

message 6: by Kaotic (new)

Kaotic (kaotic-cass) | 14 comments Nandini wrote: "StayingUpTillMorning wrote: "I think we should start with just one book as well. Only because even if I don't have the book everyone is reading I'll still be interested in what everyone else is say..."

I think once our group becomes bigger we should be able to bump it up to two books a month, but either way works for me. :D

message 7: by Medini (new)

Medini I agree with the one book thing.

message 8: by Nandini (new)

Medini wrote: "I agree with the one book thing."

Kaotic wrote: "Nandini wrote: "StayingUpTillMorning wrote: "I think we should start with just one book as well. Only because even if I don't have the book everyone is reading I'll still be interested in what ever..."

Alrighty then! One book, it is, for every month! :) But, what number of members should we decide to be our milestone for keeping 2 readalongs every month? 100?

message 9: by Medini (new)

Medini Maybe once it reaches 50 you can put up a poll or something like this & see what the majority of the members want!

message 10: by Nandini (new)

Medini wrote: "Maybe once it reaches 50 you can put up a poll or something like this & see what the majority of the members want!"

That's a great idea! Thanks so much, Medini, I'll definitely do that :)