The Invasion of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #2) The Invasion of the Tearling discussion

more and more questions! (spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (last edited Aug 20, 2015 05:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara after finishing this book. does anyone feel like they have more questions than answers? That's how I felt in the first book and now in this book, and we only have 1 more book!! The 3rd book must be over 400 pages to answer the many questions that have been left unanswered by the first 2 books.
List of questions:
1) who is her father? I didn't pick up on any clue of who this was. It's not mace. But everyone who knows who the father is, says that she is better off not knowing. do you think we have met him and we didn't know their true identity?
2) the crystals. are there only two heir, William Tear and kelsea? where did the crystals originate? how many are there?
3) what part did the fetch play when taking down Jonathan tear?
4) who is the true queen from the prophecy? is it really kelsea?
5) could lily's son be kelsea's grandfather or father? I am only asking because we only know that Lily is some how related to Kelsea, but I am not sure how.

These are some of the questions I could think of now, but I definitely have more. did anyone else have similar questions or other questions after reading the book?

Francesca Tripiedi Yes, definitely the same questions I have! But I have to say I'm quite enjoying not knowing and brooding over the answers.
I personally would like some clear explanations about William Tear's magic. I mean, okay, at the end of the second book he says he's never thought about his capability as magic... But it is magic! So where does it come from?

Sara Jason wrote: "I was definitely left with more questions than answers in 'The Invasion of the Tearling' one of which is where did Father Tyler disappear to with the crown? And why did Lily's identity as Jonathan ..."

To be honest, i'm still trying to figure out Lily's connection to Kelsea and why it is important. I feel like Lily could be her great grandmother or grandmother...? Maybe she has another son who could be Kelsea's father> I'm not sure, just a guess.

I agree! Rowland Finn is an interesting character too. So is fetch! I want to know how they worked together to take down Jonathan Tear. Interesting theory about the connection between Caitlyn Tear and the Fetch. It could be possible! Anything is possible until the next book. :)

Sara Francesca wrote: "Yes, definitely the same questions I have! But I have to say I'm quite enjoying not knowing and brooding over the answers.
I personally would like some clear explanations about William Tear's magi..."

Yeah, I feel like the book was unclear about the origins of the magic. The only explanation or background for the magic was that it has been a part of the world for centuries (this if from what I remember).

Lydia My biggest question is when Tear moved the boats, it sounds like it moved them in time- "The Crossing" wasn't crossing the Pacific but crossing time. Did he move them forward in time or backwards in time?

If he moved forwards there would be some remains of humanity, possibly survivors. Even thousands of years later there would be some remains- we find things from civilizations that old all the time- neither are mentioned.... Plus how could he know the future is safe? The jewel?

I forget what was said of Mortemense and the other countries, if they were all from the same crossing- if they had been there all along they would be much more advanced. Although we don't get details on what level of apocalypse they left for the crossing. Disease would wipe everyone out but technology would survive and it sounds like Tear knew they would be starting from scratch.

Now if they went into the past... well then you would get familiar human/animal ancestors- but you'd also get clean water/land. They would have to go back pretty far to not be sharing with any human ancestors. However then they would be in a paradox, changing the future from where they came from. But that's besides the point... kinda.

If that is the case this means Kelsea can go back in time and change the future, which seems to be what she wants to do for the Red Queen- fix her childhood. Another paradox...

Nina Foster I just finished reading Fate of the Tearling, the last book of the series, and that also leaves some questions unanswered.

Nina Foster Sara wrote: "after finishing this book. does anyone feel like they have more questions than answers? That's how I felt in the first book and now in this book, and we only have 1 more book!! The 3rd book must be..."

Yes, and after just finishing the 3rd book I still have questions.

Bree Sullivan Can someone please explain to me why kelsea traded the two sapphires (apparently the most powerful jewels in the world and her only bargaining chip) for only three years of safety for the tearlng? And why was she happy with that arrangement? I know the jewels ended up not working for the queen but Kelsea didnt know that! And what is going to change in three years? the same problems they're facing now won't have changed. Did I miss something? I did read this In like a day and a half so I'm not sure. Please help

Nina Foster I thought that too, it seems the jewels should have been a bargaining tool for forever. She must have thought three years would be enough to buy her time to make changes in relations, or maybe it was a plan to eventually get the sapphires back. There is a passage in the third book that briefly explains her thoughts on this, but I cannot remember it and my daughter has borrowed the book.

Kelly Butera I am currently reading the Fate of the Tear and I can say most of your questions are answered. However, I am not done yet so I don't know if there will be new questions. I was kind of disappointed with the father reveal. I was hoping it would have been someone else. And there is a surprise in this book that I was not expecting. I love these books.

message 11: by Dottyandbrian (new)

Dottyandbrian So who is Queen Caitlyn and how is she related to Kelsey?

Patty Probably a stupid question, but should I know the significance of the childhood name of the red queen?
And why, when Kelsea was bargaining for years of safety for her realm, wouldn't she have asked for safe passage back there? (I think she is going to get back mostly unharmed or rescued at least) but she could have asked.