♥ BR ♥ discussion

Friction br

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne  (jeannel1) | 2186 comments Mod
Starting tomorrow!

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥  | 2388 comments Mod
Yup I'm in. Still sweating over the kindle price though. Jeez they get pricier and pricier!!

message 3: by Jeanne (new)

I know! That is the most I've paid for one. It better be good, Lol.

Maybe we should wait for Ya to screen it for us lol :)

message 5: by Jeanne (new)

Maybe!

message 6: by Jeanne (new)

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ wrote: "Maybe we should wait for Ya to screen it for us lol :)"

OK, I asked her, let's see what she says. haha.

message 7: by -ya (last edited Aug 20, 2015 06:22AM) (new)

-ya (yareading) | 229 comments OKay, Jeanne just *cyber summoning* me!

So I am totally biased when it comes to SB books;) I am @45% and the story so far seems to be in line with what I expect from her books. Good twist in the beginning, sexual tension between LCs. And I have no clue what's going on and who the bad guys are. In terms of hero character, he doesn't top my favorite SB hero in Lethal. I think the kindle pricing for the new release is getting way too high this year and $7.99 should be more reasonable, imo. HTH:)

message 8: by Jeanne (new)

Haha! Thanks Ya! That does help, at least we know it's not a bust. Hope you continue enjoying it. :))

Mean Streak is my only Sandra Brown book, I'm very behind!

Thanks for the update Ya. I think Lethal is my fav SB hero too and prob my fav book by her. Her other books I've rated average but they are interesting to read

message 10: by -ya (new)

-ya (yareading) | 229 comments You are welcome!

Jeanne, you have to read Lethal. That hero floored me!

Ami,
ohhhh you are right!!! I read a lot of her books, hit, miss or downright bad(her very old books). lol But like you said, they are interesting to read.

message 11: by Jeanne (new)

Hmmm, well now I'm intrigued. It all comes down to the hero doesn't it? I'll make sure I've added that one! :)

message 12: by Ada (new)

Ada | 295 comments I'm in!
I liked Lethal, too, but I wish SB would have just a teensy bit more romance in her books. And by romance I mean sex scenes. I think the sexual tension is always so big that in the end I need more. :)))
And I'm kinda disappointed that I can guess who the bad guy is. Jeanne DON'T open the spoiler if you plan to read Lethal (view spoiler)

message 13: by Amber (new)

Amber | 50 comments I think I might join in on this one with you all :) Sounds good! And Ya, Let alone sounds really good! I'm going to have to try and find it now!

message 14: by Amber (new)

Amber | 50 comments Ugh, that was supposed to say Lethal! Dumb autocorrect! !

message 15: by -ya (last edited Aug 19, 2015 11:44AM) (new)

-ya (yareading) | 229 comments So happy you like Lethal too, Ada! yay!

The sex scene in Friction was very EARLY, people! I was surprised.

Amber,
Have you read SB book before? My gr friend recommended her books to me last year. I just like her writing, and her books never fail to keep me engaged whether I like the characters or not. Lethal's MC is not really an anti-hero. More like a combo of an alpha and a gamma kind, I think.

message 16: by Jeanne (new)

Glad you can join Amber and Ada! I read a review on Amazon where the reader said there was too much sex in this one. haha. Obviously nothing we will complain about! :))

message 17: by -ya (new)

-ya (yareading) | 229 comments Too much sex?? Oh that's good news, Jeanne. I am looking forward to it. lol

message 18: by Jeanne (new)

IKR? Fingers crossed. Like Ada said, you want follow through after a bunch of sexual tension. :)

message 19: by Jeanne (new)

Ada, did you see that you were elected to name our group bookshelves...you're the most creative talent with names we decided. We can name one Amazeballs in your honor, but the rest is up to you. :))

That's good news Ya. The thing about SB is the sex is always so late on in the book and then it's over so soon

Glad you can both join Ada and Amber :)

Lol Ada you do know what happens when you tell someone not to open a spoiler right?!! Haha

message 23: by Ada (last edited Aug 19, 2015 02:45PM) (new)

Ada | 295 comments Hey, Ya! Hope you're enjoying the book. It better have lots of sex, it is called Friction, is it not?! :)))

@Ami: That's why I didn't give the name. :P

@Jeanne: I was elected? Hmmm... I accept only if it was unanimously. LOL
I didn't know we can create bookshelves in the group. I vote for one bookshelf to be named: "Jeanne wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole". It should include anything dark, horror, violence, bikers, gangs of any sorts, annoying female characters...etc.

And the other bookshelf to be named: "Ami's favorite scene"/"Skilled Spunk". Includes: getting pregnant in an instant and the pill and condom talk.

Ha hahahaaa love the shelf names Ada

message 25: by Jeanne (new)

Haha, love it Ada. I also won't read bdsm or any book by Kristen Ashley or Tillie Cole, not that I'm picky or anything. :)

Skilled Spunk is great...is that for the ones where she gets knocked up on top of the ami scene? :)

Do you have a better name for drippy vagina ?

message 26: by Ada (new)

Ada | 295 comments Moist Skunk?! :)))

message 27: by Jeanne (new)

Ada wrote: "Moist Skunk?! :)))"

Lol, good one. There are reasons you were elected!

message 28: by Jeanne (new)

Ok, I started it, but it will take me awhile to add all the books:)

What name should we give our favorite book boyfriends like Dex and Jay? :)

message 29: by Amber (new)

Amber | 50 comments @Ya, I haven't read anything by her before...I actually hadn't ever heard of her before this thread so I'm excited to. I didn't get any time today, but should have lots tomorrow :)

And drippy vagina? lol, ewwe!

message 30: by Jeanne (new)

Lol, sorry...was that too much? Ami and I read a book where the woman was flowing creamy rivers. See? Eww is right, I don't need to know about their wet panties. hahaha.

Hahahaaa moist skunk??? Lol!!!!

Alright I'm gonna pause my current book and start this. Hope it's good!! Enjoy all x

message 32: by Ada (last edited Aug 20, 2015 04:47AM) (new)

Ada | 295 comments Jeanne wrote: "Ok, I started it, but it will take me awhile to add all the books:)

What name should we give our favorite book boyfriends like Dex and Jay? :)"

"Would climb that like a tree" HAHAHAHA!!!

I don't know, I'll let you and Ami name that one.

message 33: by Ada (new)

Ada | 295 comments Started it. You can skip the first 2 chapters because it's basically the synopsis. Enjoy everyone! xx

Hahaa would climb that like a tree?? Good one Ada.
I'm just at 12% (view spoiler)

message 35: by Ada (last edited Aug 20, 2015 10:22AM) (new)

Ada | 295 comments @26 Hold the presses! LOL (view spoiler)

Lol!!!! I just got to that bit ughhh!! (view spoiler)
27%(view spoiler)

message 37: by -ya (new)

-ya (yareading) | 229 comments I notice no condom theme seems to be common in many of SB books.

I agree, Ami, I didn't see that twist coming.

message 38: by Amber (new)

Amber | 50 comments [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ wrote: "Lol!!!! I just got to that bit ughhh!! [spoilers removed]
27%[spoilers removed]"

Yes! I liked that part as well. I'm at 33% and I'm just wondering when Crawford is going to start being more likable? Lol. I like that he is rough and alpha but I feel like he's missing some charm or something. Am I the only one? And I want to punch that Neal guy in the face! (view spoiler)

message 39: by Ada (new)

Ada | 295 comments @32% (view spoiler)

I'm still waiting for the lots of sex part. Apparently that reviewer haven't read Backstage Pass :)))

message 40: by -ya (new)

-ya (yareading) | 229 comments @Amber,
Most of SB heroes are not really likable;)! lol
ps: I disliked Neal!

@Ada,
Not a lot of sex scenes actually...that reviewer probably haven't read steamy books.

message 41: by Maida (new)

Maida (maida-goodreadscomuser_name) | 357 comments Whoa...wait a second. What book is everyone reading? In hospital & VERY bored! Is it too late for me to join in? Has everyone already finished?

message 42: by Jeanne (new)

Maida! I've been so busy today I haven't started yet! Join us! I'm sorry to hear you are in the hospital though:(

message 43: by Jeanne (new)

Sorry Ada, when I read that I had high hopes, lol!

message 44: by Maida (new)

Maida (maida-goodreadscomuser_name) | 357 comments Okay, Jeanne. Thanks. It's been a hard day. Surgery this morning. And I'll probably need surgery in 2 weeks as well. I NEED a good buddy read. I'll start soon. Hugs. Xoxo

message 45: by Amber (new)

Amber | 50 comments Ya~ wrote: "@Amber,
Most of SB heroes are not really likable;)! lol
ps: I disliked Neal!

@Ada,
Not a lot of sex scenes actually...that reviewer probably haven't read steamy books."

@Ya, I may have spoken too soon. He's growing on me :) I'm at 53% and really liking this one...I especially feel for his struggle with wanting his daughter! Ugh. (view spoiler)

message 46: by -ya (last edited Aug 20, 2015 05:16PM) (new)

-ya (yareading) | 229 comments Amber, (view spoiler)

Maida! I miss you!

message 47: by [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ (last edited Aug 20, 2015 09:58PM) (new)

@Ada I'm gonna go with (view spoiler)
@Maida glad you can join. Hope you get well soon. I'm only at 40%
@Jeanne umm why is Forked under Ami's favourite book?? Lol!! Ain't that your fav book?

@Amber yea I find Crawford (view spoiler)

message 49: by Amber (new)

Amber | 50 comments Okay, I'm finished! Wow, that was really good! @Ya, were you (view spoiler)
@Ami, I didn't love him at first but he slowly grew on me. About 50-60% I officially became a fan :) So glad I joined you guys on this one! Now I need to check out more of her books.

message 50: by Jeanne (new)

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ wrote: "@Ada I'm gonna go with [spoilers removed]
@Maida glad you can join. Hope you get well soon. I'm only at 40%
@Jeanne umm why is Forked under Ami's favourite book?? Lol!! Ain't that your fav book?"

I had such an evil grin on my face when I did that! :)

« previous 1