Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Accident Season
This topic is about The Accident Season
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle → Start Date: October 30th, 2015

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments Join Trisha, Vicki and myself as we read this exciting looking book.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Can't wait to read this with you ladies!

Thanks for making the thread for us.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments It's okay, I am really looking forward to this book :)

message 4: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I've seen some really great reviews for this one. and the synopsis has me so curious. I can't wait!!

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments Welcome Nicole :)

Christina | 405 comments This looks interesting. If I can get it in time I will join you guys

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments OKay your more than welcome Christina

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Good luck Christina.

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments Did you manage to get this Christina?

Christina | 405 comments I called my library and they said they are waiting for it to come in. So hopefully in the next few days I will get it.

Nicole - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die- | 881 comments I have my copy so after I finish on book I'm read I will read this one

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments Okay :)

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments I've started this but I have and ARC and the chapters seemed to end mid sentence, really strange!!! And they are really short.

So what I think is the end of chapter 2 (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I have the hardback and it appears that the sentences end regularly and chapters are about 10-12 pages long.

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments no the chapters I seem to have are about 4-5 pages long. It's going to be fun trying to work out where I am lol

message 17: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Emma wrote: "no the chapters I seem to have are about 4-5 pages long. It's going to be fun trying to work out where I am lol"

oh yikes!! that sounds confusing
yeah, I'm with Vicki, the first few are short but they stop normal and all that.

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Emma wrote: "I've started this but I have and ARC and the chapters seemed to end mid sentence, really strange!!! And they are really short.

So what I think is the end of chapter 2 [spoilers removed]"

I just finished chapter 2 and it ended with (view spoiler)

do we match, chapter/page wise?? I hope your copy isn't missing stuff....

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments I haven't even met Cara yet so my chapters are shorter :(

message 20: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Emma wrote: "I haven't even met Cara yet so my chapters are shorter :("

Cara is the MC

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments Oops, I haven't got to the bridge collapse then lol, sorry I am not always good at remembering characters names.

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Emma wrote: "Oops, I haven't got to the bridge collapse then lol, sorry I am not always good at remembering characters names."

aww no worries. I was hoping to find the gap between your copy and mine.

let me know when you DO hit the bridge collapse (it's not a spoiler or anything....) and hopefully we can figure out what's going on with your copy :)

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments okay :)

I just forund two numbers together an 8 then a 2, so possibly starting chapter 2? It's confusing lol

message 24: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments Think that's me at the end of chapter 2 now, think I have it worked out.

(view spoiler)

I got to the bridge and doll. I am sure not what to make of this so far, it's not overly catching my attention. Should be a quick read though, alreadly 10% the way in.

Emily | 1594 comments I just got the digital copy from the library, I'll go ahead and join you guys. This looks really interesting.

message 26: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Emily wrote: "I just got the digital copy from the library, I'll go ahead and join you guys. This looks really interesting."

yay! Welcome Emily!!

message 27: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Emma wrote: "Think that's me at the end of chapter 2 now, think I have it worked out.

[spoilers removed] ..."

WOOHOO! SO glad you found it!

I know(view spoiler)

Christina | 405 comments I'm still waiting for my copy so I might not be able to join for a while :(

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sorry Christina. I hope you get it soon!

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments 9 chapters

Cara(view spoiler)

Elsie(view spoiler)

again(view spoiler)

Bea(view spoiler)

Nicole - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die- | 881 comments I'm gonna start this today and I'm really excited

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments yay! I hope you like it Nicole! can't wait to see!

Nicole - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die- | 881 comments Up to chapter 5 and it's creepy but good

Cara: (view spoiler)

The Accident season: (view spoiler)

Elsie: (view spoiler)

Emily | 1594 comments 8 chapters
I'm enjoying this so far, just wish I had more time to read.
(view spoiler)

message 35: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments chapter 3 (view spoiler)

Nicole - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die- | 881 comments Up to chapter 10 and wow

Alice & Nick: (view spoiler)

Bea: (view spoiler)

Elise: (view spoiler)

Nicole - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die- | 881 comments Up to chapter 15 and almost done

Cara: (view spoiler)

Bea: (view spoiler)

Nicole - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die- | 881 comments I finished and wow

The Morris family: (view spoiler)

message 39: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments yay! I'm so glad you liked it too Nicole!!

This one as really different, right?

and I think the setting is Ireland too, because I think that's where the author lives.

Elise(view spoiler)

Emily | 1594 comments I'm just now starting chapter 12
Elsie (view spoiler)

Megan | 3011 comments Vicki, are we still going to read this? I picked up my book from the library so I can read it whenever. :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Megan, yes, I still want to read it. A lot of these threads are getting archived and I never (rarely) look in the archiveed threads, so I just now saw this. I don't know how long it's bee archived. Shall we pick a new date for you and I to BR it?

message 43: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments I'll join in too

message 44: by Matty (new) - added it

Matty | 475 comments I'll join too, i requested this book at the library so it should come in sometime this week

Christina | 405 comments I finally got it and started reading but I will join to

message 46: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Oct 12, 2015 07:54AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I changed the date (I just threw a date in there :D)

and moved it up to To-Read

once you guys are good with a new date, I can update it again.

The threads are getting moved because we almost had 4 pages of "in progress" buddy reads - but many of the threads weren't moving

it also meant that some of the new Buddy reads that were ready to start were getting mixed up/lost/Not seen in the page after page of "in progress" buddy reads that weren't moving.

If there isn't activity for 10 days, we tend to move the threads out. But we can always move them back in :)

message 47: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments thanks again Trisha :)

message 48: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments No problem :)
you guys settle on a date and I'll update it again

I hope you guys love this one!

message 49: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Done! Date changed :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Trisha!

« previous 1