Bookcrossers discussion

Swaps > Stef's swaps

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stef (new)

Stef Rozitis | 12 comments I don't have a lot of money for postage but since

1. I have some books too good for wild releasing and

2. I really desperately want some catches

I am going to treat myself to 1-2 swaps for my birthday.
I have available:

The Chimes by Anna Smaill The Chimes by Anna Smaill

The Swan Book by Alexis Wright The Swan Book by Alexis Wright

The Summer We Got Free by Mia McKenzie The Summer We Got Free by Mia McKenzie

Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic by Alison Bechdel Fun Home A Family Tragicomic by Alison Bechdel

or finally

The Help by Kathryn Stockett The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Whichever I swap I want to swap it with a fantastic quality book that I might enjoy (this is my birthday treat)

message 2: by Stef (new)

Stef Rozitis | 12 comments Ok i just saw that we might not get a book in return. Pm me with your choice anyway I just ask you be honour bound to LOG it on book crossing. And prefer you get one you intend to read/enjoy

xo

message 3: by DubaiReader (new)

DubaiReader | 20 comments Hi Stef,
I'd be interested in Family Home if you are happy to send it to Dubai.
I've tried to find you on BookCrossing but there are several Stefs there. Do you have a Wish List - I'm struggling to pin down your book taste!
I have a copy of The Saffron Kitchen by Yasmin Crowther in front of me if that interests you?
Please reply by PM as I may well miss this thread in my huge GR stream.
And Happy birthday - when is it??

message 4: by Stef (new)

Stef Rozitis | 12 comments I am "Varava" on Book Crossing. You can PM me your address here.

The best indication of my book taste is probably my 5 star shelf on Good Reads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

apart from that I like mystery that is not gory, anything feminist, post-colonial, critical, left-wing or GBLT. Humour in some cases. Young Adult books with bigger themes than just romance. High fantasy with strong female protagonists (not too much romance)...

and you know I do give other things a go sometimes.

Here's my bookcrossing wishlist: http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshe... but it is not very extensive as I am still a bit of a baby when it comes to book crossing, I think I have been there for just over a month and only had one catch :)

The actual day is 19th September

message 5: by Stef (new)

Stef Rozitis | 12 comments Dubaireader?

message 6: by DubaiReader (new)

DubaiReader | 20 comments Sorry, I was thinking what I might have to interest you, I'll be back!

message 7: by DubaiReader (new)

DubaiReader | 20 comments Ok, so I'm seeing feminist books, which I tend to avoid, tho I do have a copy of The Woman Who gave Birth To Rabbits by Emma Donoghue, a series of short stories. She wrote Room, but also a book that I didn't like, Hood, which was a lesbian story.

Sci Fi/Fantasy is not really my thing either, but I have two Garth Nix books - Slaves of the Mastery and The Seventh Tower (Into Battle). Also Hell's Horizon by Darren Shan and Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz. These are all YA.

I also see Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni and I should have a copy of The Unknown Errors of Our Lives by the same author.
The book I mentioned before, The Saffron Kitchen by Yasmin Crowther is along the same lines - I have a lot of these Indian/Middle East/African type authors.

I see you have an unread copy of Once by Morris Gleitzman, I also have Then, the sequel to that.

So, any of those suitable???

There are also a couple of fun games on BC, that basically involve swapping:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/10/...
http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/10/...
But make sure you have your options pull-down menu set for Flat-latest first, or it will appear like knitting and you won't know who is at the top.
If you have something from the Wish List of the person at the top of the list then you ask for their address by PM and put yourself in that place to also receive a WL book :)

Anyway, let me know if you'd still like to swap and I'll PM you my address.
DR

message 8: by Stef (new)

Stef Rozitis | 12 comments Emma Donoghue is my latest author crush so I would love that!!!

On the flip side though Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic....do you realise that is Alison Bechdel's autobiography (some of it) and so contains lesbian themes as well

Haven't read Slaves of the Mastery so that or the Divakaruni would be ok but Emma Donoghue is even better!!!!!

I joined one of the games, now I have to work out HOW the other one works (it seems complicated)

:)

message 9: by DubaiReader (new)

DubaiReader | 20 comments OK, no problem - a surprise will be on its way soon :)
May I have your address please? It's Sept already so I'll need to be quick!

Mine is;
M A Pardoe
Planters
PO Box 5571
Dubai
UAE

I'll take a chance on the lesbian theme, I can always pass it on :)
DR

message 10: by DubaiReader (new)

DubaiReader | 20 comments I urgently need your address Stef. I've got two books waiting to travel to you :)
My address is in the post above.
Thanks,
DR

message 11: by Cameron (new)

Cameron (220340) | 17 comments so i would read the swan book

message 12: by DubaiReader (new)

DubaiReader | 20 comments Stef, are you still interested in these books?