The Great Mistborn Read Along! discussion

The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)
This topic is about The Final Empire
Thoughts on The Final Empire *spoiler warning!*

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucy (TheBookBelle) (last edited Aug 19, 2015 01:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lucy (TheBookBelle) | 9 comments As this is the last week of reading Book One and people (those fast readers out there!) are starting to finish The Final Empire, you can discuss what you thought of the first book here.

Spoilers are welcome in this post (ONLY for Book One though, we're not on Book Two quite yet!) so if you've NOT finished the first book, please look away . . . NOW!

What did you think of The Final Empire? What plot twists did you not see coming? Who were your favourite characters?

And... GO!

Alix Long (alix_long) | 4 comments Eerrrrrmaaaaagaaaaaddd. I think that's the only thing I can say about The Final Empire. Just because it was perfect, really. I always say that fantasy isn't really my thing, but then I read something like this and I have such a change of heart! I loved all the characters and warmed to everyone. I especially loved Breeze, Vin, Sazed and KELSIER ❤️❤️ When Kelsier died I felt like chucking my book right out the window (which I didn't, thankfully). I felt like that needed to happen though, to make the story as good as it was. The other plot twist I loved was when we learned that Vin's brother didn't really betray her, but was tortured. I felt like Vin needed to hear that to get some closure, finally. All in all, a truly fantastic read.

Lucy (TheBookBelle) | 9 comments Alix wrote: "Eerrrrrmaaaaagaaaaaddd. I think that's the only thing I can say about The Final Empire. Just because it was perfect, really. I always say that fantasy isn't really my thing, but then I read somethi..."

Yes I'm so in love with Kelsier. WHY DID HE HAVE TO BE KILLED OFF? I'm hoping that *somehow* he'll come back in a later book? If that's even possible? :(

I'm also a massive Elend fan - love his character!

Yvonne Wanjiru (yvonnewanjiru) When Kelsier died I was so sure I wasn't going to cry but after reading a couple of lines I just broke down.

I really don't like Elend at all. Its actually nice he is obsessed with books but other than that i really don't care about him. Maybe I'll change my mind in the next book.

Stevie Finegan (SableCaught) (sablecaught) | 2 comments I agree with you sooooo much about Vin's brother, Reen. When I found out he hadn't actually abandoned Vin, that he had died for her! my heart just twisted up within me.

It definitely made me sad when Kell died but I think it had to happen. It was such an unexpected twist, it made the book really something special. And him as this martyr was really the only thing to truly stand a revolution upon.

Also how has no one mentioned Sazed yet? He is my favourite :3

Moriah (justmaaya) I think a really great thing about Kel dying was to show us that nobody is exempt from death. Keeps you guessing about just how far Sanderson will go later on.

And...Sazed. He is definitely one of my faves. Also love Breeze for his sense of humor. Both are fantastic characters.

Lucy (TheBookBelle) | 9 comments Andi wrote: "I think a really great thing about Kel dying was to show us that nobody is exempt from death. Keeps you guessing about just how far Sanderson will go later on.

And...Sazed. He is definitely one of..."

Yes I love Sazed!

And I hope Kell's death doesn't mean that more major characters will be killed off. I don't think my heart can take it!