Bound Together discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives 2012 thru 2014 > Reading BINGO

Comments Showing 1-50 of 393 (393 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by ✿Sandra (new)

✿Sandra | 3017 comments Since many of us are doing the Reading BINGO cards, I thought it might be fun to discuss the books we have read to fill our squares, how many squares we have filled, etc. Deb said go for it, so take it away, ladies!

message 2: by ✿Sandra (last edited Mar 06, 2014 06:34PM) (new)

✿Sandra | 3017 comments For anyone else that would like to participate, here is the link:

http://www.retreatbyrandomhouse.ca/20...

You can click on the BINGO card, and then print it out.

message 3: by ☕Laura (new)

☕Laura | 11014 comments Great idea, Sandra! I have 17 squares covered and 8 to go, and I have 2 Bingos so far. I'm reading my "First Book by a Favourite Author" now (The Mistress of Spices) and that will give me a 3rd Bingo. For "A Forgotten Classic" I'm planning Nine Coaches Waiting and for "A Book with Non-Human Characters" I'm planning Three Bags Full. I have some thoughts for the other squares but haven't decided anything for sure yet.

message 4: by Lynn G. (new)

Lynn G. | 1835 comments I have 16 squares covered; the most in any row is 4.

A book with more than 500 pages:11/22/63

A book that became a movie: The Fault in Our Stars

A book published this year: The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches

A book with a number in the title: The Thirteenth Tale

A book with non-human characters: Murder With Peacocks

A funny book: Autobiography of a Fat Bride: True Tales of a Pretend Adulthood

A book by a female author: The Sisterhood

A book with a mystery: High Noon

A book with a one-word title: Benediction

A book set on a different continent: Cloudstreet

A book you heard about online:Bellman & Black: A Ghost Story

A best-selling book:Vision in White (ugh!)

A book based on a true story:The Hour I First Believed

A book at the bottom of your to be read pile:Goodnight Nobody

A book that scares you:Night Film

A book with a blue cover:The Light Between Oceans

To finish a row I'll need to choose:
A) The first book by a favorite author,or
B) A book written by someone under thirty, or
C) A forgotten classic (whatever that is; is it a book that I've forgotten about? Hmmmm), or
D) The second book in a series, or
E) A book of non-fiction

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (WorthwhileReading) | 322 comments What would we be considered the start date of this challenge?

message 6: by amber (new)

amber (thelittlematchgirl) | 246 comments So this is the Bingo people have been talking about. I wondered why I wasn't seeing it anywhere.

message 7: by Lynn G. (new)

Lynn G. | 1835 comments Barbara wrote: "What would we be considered the start date of this challenge?"

Start any time in 2014. I first saw the link shortly after January 1. It's a fun and no-pressure way to keep track of what you read this year.

message 8: by Britany (new)

Britany | 4300 comments I'm finding the toughest one to be finding an author under 30.... Anyone else??

I have 9 squares left

message 9: by Josefine (last edited Dec 05, 2014 02:57AM) (new)

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (WorthwhileReading) | 322 comments Lynn G. wrote: "Barbara wrote: "What would we be considered the start date of this challenge?"

Start any time in 2014. I first saw the link shortly after January 1. It's a fun and no-pressure way to keep track o..."

Thanks Lynn!

message 11: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 547 comments Britany wrote: "I'm finding the toughest one to be finding an author under 30.... Anyone else??

I have 9 squares left"

Yes - it's hard to find author's birth dates sometimes - how strange that they don't want to broadcast their year of birth!! Have you read Burial Rites? Hannah Kent was born in 1985...

message 12: by Barbara (last edited Mar 31, 2014 08:22AM) (new)

Barbara (WorthwhileReading) | 322 comments Okay, here's what I've got so far:

B--FINISHED
More than 500 pgs--Night Film-- Night Film by Marisha Pessl
Under 30 author--pierce Brown--Red Rising-- Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, #1) by Pierce Brown
One word Title--Creepers-- Creepers by David Morrell
1st book of a fave author--Maisie Dobbs #1-- Maisie Dobbs (Maisie Dobbs, #1) by Jacqueline Winspear
A book a friend loves--Murphy's Law-recommended by Louise Penny- Murphy's Law by Rhys Bowen

I
Forgotten classic--
Non human characters--The Shining-- The Shining (The Shining, #1) by Stephen King--The Overlook Hotel is a main character
Short stories--The Color Master-- The Color Master Stories by Aimee Bender
Heard about online--The Husband's Secret-- The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
Scares me--Weirdo-- Weirdo by Cathi Unsworth

N
Book to movie--
Funny--Cat vs Human-- Cat vs Human Another Dose of Catnip by Yasmine Surovec
Best selling--The House Girl-- The House Girl by Tara Conklin
Older than 10--The Dragon Reborn-- The Dragon Reborn (Wheel of Time, #3) by Robert Jordan

G--FINISHED
Published this year--The Invention of Wings-- The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
Female author--Whistling a Past the Graveyard-- Whistling Past the Graveyard by Susan Crandall
Set in different continent--Burial Rites-- Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
Based on true story--Orange is the New Black-- Orange Is the New Black by Piper Kerman
2nd in a series--Death of Riley Death of Riley (Molly Murphy Mysteries #2) by Rhys Bowen

O
Number in title--The Thirteenth Tale-- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
Mystery--The Cuckoo's Calling-- The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1) by Robert Galbraith
Nonfiction--
Bottom of TBR--
Blue cover--Palisades Park-- Palisades Park by Alan Brennert

message 13: by ☮Karen (new)

☮Karen | 9443 comments Britany wrote: "I'm finding the toughest one to be finding an author under 30.... Anyone else??

I have 9 squares left"

I agree, Britany.

message 14: by ☕Laura (last edited Aug 03, 2014 10:55AM) (new)

☕Laura | 11014 comments I finished my card on August 3rd. Here is what I read:

A book with over 500 pages: Life After Life

A forgotten classic: Nine Coaches Waiting

A book that became a movie: The Sweet Hereafter

A book published this year: This Dark Road to Mercy

A book with a number in the title: The Thirteenth Tale

A book by someone under thirty: The Great Gatsby (under 30 at the time it was written)

A book with non-human characters: Three Bags Full

A funny book: Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened

A book by a female author: The American Plague: The Untold Story of Yellow Fever, the Epidemic that Shaped Our History

A book with a mystery: The Black Country

A book with a one-word title: Room

A book of short stories: Making Light of Tragedy

Free square: Fallen Beauty

A book set on a different continent: Cloudstreet

A book of nonfiction: The Ghost Map: The Story of London's Most Terrifying Epidemic--and How It Changed Science, Cities, and the Modern World

The first book by a favorite author: The Mistress of Spices

A book you heard about online: The Well and the Mine

A best-selling book: The House at Tyneford

A book based on a true story: The Maid: A Novel of Joan of Arc

A book at the bottom of your to-read pile: My Enemy's Cradle

A book your friend loves: Falling Into the Fire: A Psychiatrist's Encounters with the Mind in Crisis

A book that scares you: The Corpse Walker: Real Life Stories, China from the Bottom Up (scary to see what a totalitarian government can do to its people)

A book that is more than 10 years old: My Drowning

The second book in a series: To Kingdom Come

A book with a blue cover: Blue Asylum

message 15: by ✿Sandra (last edited Mar 08, 2014 08:38PM) (new)

✿Sandra | 3017 comments I don't know if any of you are reading The Divergent series, but I know that author is under 30. I agree that it is hard to find out. I was picking out books to cover some of my squares the other day, and I couldn't come up with a book for that one until I did some research online and discovered she is under 30. I still need to read the third book.

message 16: by ♥ Sandi ❣ , Me! ~~ on a good day (new)

♥ Sandi ❣	 | 13388 comments Mod
I still have 7 squares open on the regular bingo card, but I am also doing the YA. That one will be harder I only have 9 of 25 squares covered.

message 17: by Mairzi (last edited Mar 07, 2014 12:59PM) (new)

Mairzi | 1172 comments I am coming very late to this. When did people start this? I am amazed that so many people have almost their whole card filled after only two months of the year.

My first squares

A book with a number The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

The second book in a series A Fatal Grace (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #2) by Louise Penny

Female Author The Bride Wore Size 12 (Heather Wells #5) by Meg Cabot

message 18: by Mairzi (last edited Mar 07, 2014 01:00PM) (new)

Mairzi | 1172 comments Had to go look at my list of books I've read so far this year to see if any others fit a square

Non fiction- Going Clear Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief by Lawrence Wright

Book with a Mystery Six Years by Harlan Coben

A funny book- Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler

message 19: by Lynn G. (last edited Mar 08, 2014 07:49PM) (new)

Lynn G. | 1835 comments Mairzi wrote: "I am coming very late to this. When did people start this? I am amazed that so many people have almost their whole card filled after only two months of the year.

My first squares

A book with a ..."

Mairzi, I just picked up A Fatal Grace A Fatal Grace (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #2) by Louise Penny from the library. I am also going to read it for "the second book in a series" square on my BINGO card. I enjoyed Still Life (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #1) by Louise Penny Still Life.

message 20: by ☕Laura (last edited Mar 07, 2014 06:15PM) (new)

☕Laura | 11014 comments Just got another Bingo with The Mistress of Spices finished for my "First book by a favorite author" square. Seven squares to go!

message 21: by Alena (last edited Apr 18, 2014 07:12AM) (new)

Alena (AlenaM) | 1368 comments I'm doing fairly well on my BINGO card so far, but I can tell the empty squares will be a challenge.

One-word title: Cartwheel (didn't like)
Forgotten Classic: BUtterfield 8 (loved)
Short Stories: The Color Master: Stories (loved)
Heard About Online: Black Swan Green (loved)
More than 10 Years Old: The Daughter of Time (very boring)
Published this year: Dancing Fish and Ammonites: A Memoir (want to be her friend)
Female Author: Perfect (not great)
Different Continent: Sister of My Heart
True Story: When I Was Puerto Rican (really liked it)
Mystery: Speaking from Among the Bones (I LOVE Flavia)
Non-Fiction: Orange Is the New Black (really did not like her)
Blue Cover: Same Difference (I'm just not a graphic novel person.)
UPDATES:
Under Thirty: How To Be a Good Wife by Emma Chapman by Emma Chapman which I LOVED 4 stars
at book by favorite author: Songdogs by Colum McCann by the brilliant Colum McCann 4 stars
Non-Human Characters: Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs 4 stars
Book to Movie: This Boy's Life by Tobias Wolff4 stars
Free Square: Quiet Dell A Novel by Jayne Anne Phillips 4 stars
Best Seller: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell 4 stars
2nd Book in a Series: You Suck (A Love Story, #2) by Christopher Moore 3 stars, but funny.

As of April 15, I have a BINGO across the 3rd row and BINGO under the G, but my goal is to fill the whole card.

message 22: by Irene (new)

Irene | 3081 comments I have 7 more squares to fill.

message 23: by ✿Sandra (last edited Mar 23, 2014 08:48PM) (new)

✿Sandra | 3017 comments I have ten squares filled:

A book with a number in the title - 100 Cupboards (100 Cupboards, #1) by N.D. Wilson
A book by a female author - Yesterday's Sun by Amanda Brooke
A book with mystery - The Innocent by Harlan Coben
A book of short stories - The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
A bestselling book - The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
A book at the bottom of your to be read pile - Between Sundays by Karen Kingsbury
A book that scares you - The Bodies Left Behind by Jeffery Deaver
A book that is more than 10 years old - The Pull of the Moon by Elizabeth Berg
A book with a blue cover - The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe

and my Free Space

message 24: by ♥ Sandi ❣ , Me! ~~ on a good day (new)

Ok I am questioning a square! Does "the first book by a favorite author" mean ~~~

1. Their very first written book
2. The first book of a series
3. Can a first novel by a new author - that you really liked - be considered a favorite author - or do they have to be someone you have already read and know that you like
4. Or can all the above work?

Not sure but I think that was all I had ...LOL!

message 25: by ☮Karen (new)

☮Karen | 9443 comments ♥ Sandi wrote: "Ok I am questioning a square! Does "the first book by a favorite author" mean ~~~

3. Can a first novel by a new author - that yo..."

I was thinking it meant #1, but I think #3 would count too now that you mention it. It doesn't specify an "old favorite author", so a new author can become a favorite as well. #2 I didn't think would fit, but hey, if you want to make it fit, remember there are no bingo police hiding under your bed or in your closets. LOL

message 26: by ♥ Sandi ❣ , Me! ~~ on a good day (new)

Well my "long time" favorite authors I have had for some time and I have probably read their first books ~ at least with 99% of them. But the first book of a series would be a bigger option. Some of my favorite authors do write both stand alone and series books - many of which I have not read. So with that said ~ that could eliminate most of my "long time" "favorite" authors first books - so the initial book of an author that I really really like (hense ~ "new" Favorite author) would also open up some possibilities.

Just not sure what everyone else was doing. And of course did not want to be singled out by the Bingo Police!!!

message 27: by Britany (new)

Britany | 4300 comments I actually used The Thirteenth Tale for that square Sandi-- new to me author and her 1st book...

message 28: by ✿Sandra (new)

✿Sandra | 3017 comments The BINGO police hiding under your bed! I love it! You ladies make me smile. :)

message 29: by amber (new)

amber (thelittlematchgirl) | 246 comments ☮Karen wrote: "♥ Sandi wrote: "Ok I am questioning a square! Does "the first book by a favorite author" mean ~~~

3. Can a first novel by a new ..."

Are you sure there aren't BINGO police? ;)

message 30: by ☮Karen (new)

☮Karen | 9443 comments Pretty sure. ;)

message 31: by Irene (new)

Irene | 3081 comments When I first read it, I thought it meant the first book read by an author that you were adding to your "favorite" list based on that encounter. I put "Rules of Civility" in that square. But, after doing that, I wondered if it meant to find the first book written by someone already on your favorite list.

About those Bingo Police.... If I hand them a dust cloth, will they exterminate the dust bunnies under my bed while they are hanging out there?

message 32: by Alena (new)

Alena (AlenaM) | 1368 comments Irene wrote: "When I first read it, I thought it meant the first book read by an author that you were adding to your "favorite" list based on that encounter. I put "Rules of Civility" in that square. But, afte..."

I assumed it meant to go back and read the first book published by an author whose work I love. I've already read a lot of those, but it thought I'd look at Colum McCann.

message 33: by ♥ Sandi ❣ , Me! ~~ on a good day (last edited Mar 11, 2014 07:47PM) (new)

Alena - you read it the same way I did initially. But having read most of the first books of my favorite authors I was trying faniggle a new meaning out if it...LOL!! Still not sure what I will end up with....

UT OH - is that a siren? There are light flashing in my driveway!! What does the Bingo Police look like???? Oh Crap!!!

message 34: by Lynn G. (new)

Lynn G. | 1835 comments ♥ Sandi wrote: "Alena - you read it the same way I did initially. But having read most of the first books of my favorite authors I was trying faniggle a new meaning out if it...LOL!! Still not sure what I will end..."

Quick! Hide under the bed. They'll never look for you there! :-)

message 35: by ♥ Sandi ❣ , Me! ~~ on a good day (new)

My bed is a water bed - on a platform - that won't work!

Maybe the dog house???

message 36: by Britany (new)

Britany | 4300 comments bahahahaha Sandi!! I doubt they'll check the dog house ;)

message 37: by ♥ Sandi ❣ , Me! ~~ on a good day (last edited Mar 11, 2014 08:11PM) (new)

Now I just gotta find one...LOL!!!! I think the neighbors have one???

message 38: by amber (new)

amber (thelittlematchgirl) | 246 comments ROFL

This has officially become my favorite thread ever!

message 39: by Lynnski (last edited Oct 25, 2014 02:14PM) (new)

Lynnski (lynnski723) | 1951 comments I'm late to the party but decided to try to fill a bingo card :) I've only read 10 books so far this year but was able to find a square for each of them....I think. The square causing me to fear the bingo police is the "based on a true story" - that's not the same as non-fiction, right? Since WWI did happen, people died, there were nurses there, and there was a ship bombed that had nurses on it....I'm going with Daughters of Mars for that one. (EDIT - added another one that fit the category better)

B1) more than 500 pages - Night Film (1/4)
B2) written by someone under 30 - Between the Lines by Samantha van Leer and Jodi Picoult (5/28)
B3) one-word title - Brooklyn (3/4)
B4) 1st book by a favortie author - Sheltering Rain (6/16)
B5) your friend loves - The Obituary Writer (5/8)

I1) fogotten classic - Gone with the Wind (2/12)
I2) non-human characters - The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly (4/29)
I3) short stories - How to Breathe Underwater (10/25)
I4) heard about online - The Tilted World: A Novel (1/14)
I5) scares you - 'Salem's Lot (6/22)

N1) became a movie - Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (7/3)
N2) funny book - The Rosie Project (5/13)
N3) FREE :)
N4) best-selling - The Invention of Wings (3/15)
N5) more than 10 years old - One True Thing (8/10)

G1) published this year - Wake (4/10)
G2) female author - The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow (3/10)

G3) set on a different continent - The Riders (1/9)
G4) based on a true story - The Daughters of Mars (2/28) and a better fit - Under the Wide and Starry Sky (7/15)
G5) 2nd book in a series - A Suitcase Tale: Lee Ann (1/27)

O1) number in the title - Fourth Sunday: The Journey of a Book Club (1/6)
O2) a mystery - Reconstructing Amelia (1/6)
O3) non-fiction - Circle of Treason: A CIA Account of Traitor Aldrich Ames and the Men He Betrayed (4/2)
O4) bottom of your to be read pile - To Be Sung Underwater: A Novel (4/25)
O5) blue cover - The Girl You Left Behind (4/7)

DONE!!!!! :)

message 40: by Britany (new)

Britany | 4300 comments Love your format!! I may have to swipe that!

message 41: by Mairzi (new)

Mairzi | 1172 comments Lynn G. wrote: "Mairzi wrote: "I am coming very late to this. When did people start this? I am amazed that so many people have almost their whole card filled after only two months of the year.

My first squares
..."

One of my goals for this year is to read the entire series. I really loved the first two so far and am starting The Cruelest Month (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #3) by Louise Penny today.
Last Year I did the entire Myron Boliter series by Harlan Coben

message 42: by Kathryn (last edited Apr 25, 2014 03:45AM) (new)

Kathryn | 547 comments I'm doing the bingo challenge, I just haven't had the time to type in my books while I'm at the computer til now! Like many of you, I have random squares filled here and there, but no bingo… Not that it really matters, as I'm aiming to cover the whole board anyway. And I'm also liking Lynnski's format so am using that!

Adult square:
17/25 squares completed
0/5 vertical bingo's
2/5 horizontal bingo's
0/2 diagonal bingo's

B1) more than 500 pages - The Time Traveler's Wife - 4.5✭
B2) written by someone under 30 - Burial Rites - 4✭
B3) one-word title - Bereft - 2✭
B4) 1st book by a favourite author -
B5) your friend loves -

I1) fogotten classic -
I2) non-human characters - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - 4✭
I3) short stories - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Six Other Stories - 1✭
I4) heard about online - Streets on a Map: Journey Through Changes - 3.5✭
I5) scares you -

N1) became a movie - Bridge to Terabithia - 3.5✭
N2) funny book - The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon - 3.5✭
N3) FREE :) - A Woman Transported - 3.5✭
N4) best-selling -
N5) more than 10 years old - The Painted Veil - 3✭

G1) published this year -
G2) female author - It Takes A Village - 4✭
G3) set on a different continent - The Lighthouse Road - 2✭
G4) based on a true story - The Street Sweeper - 4.5✭
G5) 2nd book in a series - An Irish Country Village - 3.5✭

O1) number in the title -
O2) a mystery - The Secret Keeper - 3.5✭
O3) non-fiction - The Ghost Map: A Street, an Epidemic and the Two Men Who Battled to Save Victorian London - 3✭
O4) bottom of your to be read pile - A Family in Paris: Stories of Food, Life and Adventure - 4✭
O5) blue cover -

Young adult square:
12/25 squares completed
0/5 vertical bingo's
0/5 horizontal bingo's
0/2 diagonal bingo's

B1) Book with a female heroine - Sarah Thornhill - 3.5✭
B2) Book set in the future -
B3) Book set in the past -
B4) Book that made you cry - Me Before You - 5✭
B5) Book with an incredible fight scene - Blood and Circuses - 3✭

I1) Book set in a high school -
I2) Book with a break up - Sister of My Heart - 4✭
I3) Book with magic - House for all Seasons - 3.5✭
I4) Graphic novel -
I5) Book you heard about online - The Tom Hanks Enigma: The Biography of the World's Most Intriguing Movie Star - 3.5✭

N1) Last book of a trilogy -
N2) Book without a love triangle - Other People's Country- A woman's journey from suburbia to life as a remote area nurse - 3.5✭
N3) Free square -
N4) Book based on a myth -
N5) Book set in another world -

G1) Book with a colour in the title - Bitter Greens - 3.5✭
G2) Book that became a movie - The Silver Linings Playbook - 3.5✭
G3) Book set in the summer - The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry - 3.5✭
G4) Classic "YA" book - The Secret Life of Bees - 3✭
G5) Book with an epic love story -

O1) First book in a series -
O2) Book set in Paris - The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris - 3✭
O3) Book with a dragon -
O4) Book with a lion, a witch or a wardrobe - The Zookeeper's Wife - 2.5✭
O5) Book with music -

Some of the blank spots I have ideas for and am not too concerned about. But I'm not sure about "Forgotten Classic" - what makes a classic forgotten? Forgotten by me? Or most other people? And I've recently read Jack's Widow which is based on the true story of Jacqueline Kennedy's widowhood, but oh, so loosely (and with rearrangements of historical facts to suit the author and all sorts of wild surmises) that it feels like cheating to include it for the "based on a true story" square - and then the bingo police might be coming after ME!

message 43: by ☮Karen (new)

☮Karen | 9443 comments Kathryn wrote: "I'm doing the bingo challenge, I just haven't had the time to type in my books while I'm at the computer til now! Like many of you, I have random squares filled here and there, but no bingo… Not ..."

I almost used Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children for the non-human square too, but put it somewhere else. Remember also it had a peregrine and some pigs, aside from the Hollows. :)

message 44: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 547 comments ☮Karen wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "I'm doing the bingo challenge, I just haven't had the time to type in my books while I'm at the computer til now! Like many of you, I have random squares filled here and there, but..."

That's true - I read non-human as fantasy/sci-fi creatures! I forgot about animals! ****Possible spoiler for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - (view spoiler)****
I could almost put any book there, really, as long as there were animals in it somewhere!

message 45: by ☕Laura (new)

☕Laura | 11014 comments Kathryn wrote: "I'm doing the bingo challenge, I just haven't had the time to type in my books while I'm at the computer til now! Like many of you, I have random squares filled here and there, but no bingo… Not ..."

I'm going with Nine Coaches Waiting by Mary Stewart for that one, since the Amazon listing says "Rediscovered Classic". Otherwise, I wouldn't know what would fit that square.

message 46: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (WorthwhileReading) | 322 comments Mairzi wrote: "Lynn G. wrote: "Mairzi wrote: "I am coming very late to this. When did people start this? I am amazed that so many people have almost their whole card filled after only two months of the year.

M..."

Hey Lynn
The Three Pines/Gamache series is my most favourite mystery series!
I picked up Bury Your Dead a few years back while in the airport heading to Mexico on vacation. It is 6th in the series but I didn't realize it until I began reading it. I fell so in love with the characters and setting I could hardly wait to get home to get the first book and I have since read the whole series and recommend to all that will listen. I am eagerly awaiting the next instalment promised by Louise around August, I think.
Enjoy them!

message 47: by ☮Karen (new)

☮Karen | 9443 comments Kathryn wrote: "☮Karen wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "I'm doing the bingo challenge, I just haven't had the time to type in my books while I'm at the computer til now! Like many of you, I have random squares filled here..."

I think any character that does not have human form or qualities fits this. I would even say if a city like Paris was one of the main characters in the book, such as one review I read recently stated, that would apply.

message 48: by Lynn G. (new)

Lynn G. | 1835 comments Barbara wrote: "Mairzi wrote: "Lynn G. wrote: "Mairzi wrote: "I am coming very late to this. When did people start this? I am amazed that so many people have almost their whole card filled after only two months ..."

Barbara, I picked up two more titles in this series while at the used-book store this week: A Rule Against Murder A Rule Against Murder (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #4) by Louise Penny, and The Beautiful Mystery The Beautiful Mystery (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #8) by Louise Penny. My goal is to find all the titles in the series and read them in order. This series is even more popular than I had imagined. Each time I had gone to the used-book store to search for books in the Inspector Gamache series I had never found even one of the books on the shelves. But, this week was my lucky week! Currently, I am about three quarters of the way through A Fatal Grace A Fatal Grace (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #2) by Louise Penny and am enjoying it, of course!

message 49: by ♥ Sandi ❣ , Me! ~~ on a good day (new)

☮Karen wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "☮Karen wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "I'm doing the bingo challenge, I just haven't had the time to type in my books while I'm at the computer til now! Like many of you, I have random squ..."

I put Dark Echo in that square....it was about a boat and that boat was definately a character in the book.

message 50: by Lynn G. (new)

Lynn G. | 1835 comments I finished A Fatal Grace A Fatal Grace (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #2) by Louise Penny and that gave me my second BINGO.

Here's my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.