Historical Romance Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Gaol/Nominations > September 2015 Nominations - Highlander

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat, Baroness (in her own right) (new)

Kat Desi (katdesiwrites) | 480 comments Mod

Please post your nominations for next month's group reads!

message 2: by Giaghazal (new)

Giaghazal | 14 comments The Chief (Highland Guard, #1) by Monica McCarty .

message 3: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited Aug 18, 2015 10:47PM) (new)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 286 comments This is the new Tessa Dare out on the 27 August so perfect for September buddy reading.

When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3) by Tessa Dare

On the cusp of her first London season, Miss Madeline Gracechurch was shyly pretty and talented with a drawing pencil, but hopelessly awkward with gentlemen. She was certain to be a dismal failure on the London marriage mart. So Maddie did what generations of shy, awkward young ladies have done: she invented a sweetheart.

A Scottish sweetheart. One who was handsome and honorable and devoted to her, but conveniently never around. Maddie poured her heart into writing the imaginary Captain MacKenzie letter after letter … and by pretending to be devastated when he was (not really) killed in battle, she managed to avoid the pressures of London society entirely.

Until years later, when this kilted Highland lover of her imaginings shows up in the flesh. The real Captain Logan MacKenzie arrives on her doorstep—handsome as anything, but not entirely honorable. He’s wounded, jaded, in possession of her letters… and ready to make good on every promise Maddie never expected to keep.

message 4: by Kat, Baroness (in her own right) (new)

Giaghazal, nice pick! That's been on my TBR for as long as I can remember. In fact I have the entire series sitting in my Kindle, just gathering dust!

Lisa, YES! I'm super excited for that book!

message 5: by Kat, Baroness (in her own right) (new)

I nominate In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1) by Maya Banks

Ewan McCabe, the eldest, is a warrior determined to vanquish his enemy. Now, with the time ripe for battle, his men are ready and Ewan is poised to take back what is his—until a blue-eyed, raven-haired temptress is thrust upon him. Mairin may be the salvation of Ewan's clan, but for a man who dreams only of revenge, matters of the heart are strange territory to conquer.

The illegitimate daughter of the king, Mairin possesses prized property that has made her a pawn—and wary of love. Her worst fears are realized when she is rescued from peril only to be forced into marriage by her charismatic and commanding savior, Ewan McCabe. But her attraction to her ruggedly powerful new husband makes her crave his surprisingly tender touch; her body comes alive under his sensual mastery. And as war draws near, Mairin's strength, spirit, and passion challenge Ewan to conquer his demons—and embrace a love that means more than revenge and land.

message 6: by Historical Romance Lurver, Aesthete (new)

Historical Romance Lurver (historicalromanclurver) | 101 comments Mod
All of them look so good...
x

message 7: by Daniella (last edited Aug 23, 2015 06:47AM) (new)

Daniella | 23 comments Giaghazal wrote: "The Chief (Highland Guard, #1) by Monica McCarty."

OH MY GOD MONICA MCCARTY AHHHHHH *swoons*

message 8: by Sam (new)

Sam Atkinson | 40 comments I have the new Tessa Dare one on order so that's good for me :-)

message 9: by Giaghazal (new)

Giaghazal | 14 comments Can I nominate another ? It's Highlander Untamed (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #1) by Monica McCarty

message 10: by Giaghazal (new)

Giaghazal | 14 comments I was feeling bad that there was only 3 books

message 11: by Sam (new)

Sam Atkinson | 40 comments The more the merrier?

message 12: by Kat, Baroness (in her own right) (new)

Yeah, Sam! ;)

message 13: by Kat, Baroness (in her own right) (new)

Giaghazal wrote: "I was feeling bad that there was only 3 books"

Thanks. :)

message 14: by Kat, Baroness (in her own right) (new)

Sam wrote: "I have the new Tessa Dare one on order so that's good for me :-)"

Me too, actually. Lol ;)

message 15: by Swathi (new)

Swathi Balasubramanian | 4 comments May I nominate - description Laird of the Mist

message 16: by Al George , Mod (new)

Al George  (georgieme) | 1575 comments Mod
I vote the new Tessa Dare.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.