Space Opera Fans discussion

Dakiti (Ziva Payvan, #1)
This topic is about Dakiti
Reader Discussions > Congratulations to our own E.J. Fisch - AWARD WINNER - yay!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (last edited Aug 18, 2015 09:41PM) (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) Greetings Space Opera Fans!

Our own E.J. Fisch has won the 'eFestival of Words - Best Science Fiction Novel of 2015' award for her book Dakiti. Y'all might recall we read Dakiti as a group sometime last year?

Dakiti (Ziva Payvan, #1) by E.J. Fisch E.J. Fisch

http://www.efestivalofwords.com/2015-...

It's always nice to see one of our long-term, active members get a bit of recognition! So congratulations! Feel free to drop E.J. a line below and help me embarrass the crap out of her 3:-)

Be epic!
Anna Erishkigal
SOF Borg Queen

Jonathan Bergeron (scifi_jon) | 370 comments Congrats. It's always great seeing new authors win awards. Keep up the great writing.

message 3: by EJ (new) - added it

EJ Fisch (ejfisch) | 117 comments lol thanks guys. It may have been kind of a small, obscure festival but winning things is always fun anyway, and it seems to have generated a little traffic for me over the past few days so that's cool! The little badge looks nice on my blog ;)

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) Badges are good. It's nice to have people recognize your writing doesn't suck, especially when you're an indie :-)

message 5: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 339 comments Yay! Congratulations! That's fantastic :)

Sarah | 21 comments Congrats! It's great seeing good books/authors acknowledged. Great work!

message 7: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica  (jessical1961) Many congrats!!! If your gonna win an award this is a good one to start with!!!

Fiannawolf | 163 comments Very nice. *throws confetti* :D

message 9: by EJ (new) - added it

EJ Fisch (ejfisch) | 117 comments The timing is actually pretty great because it's giving the book (and subsequently, the series) a little extra exposure right before the Ronan release.

*goes back to editing feverishly*

message 10: by Anna (last edited Aug 20, 2015 08:51PM) (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) Just be sure to throw Nexus into the betting pool when I open up the group nominations tomorrow so we all have an excuse to read the second book of that series :-)

message 11: by Steph (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 302 comments Well done!