What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA late 80s/early 90s series romance on movie sets

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sdb177yahoo.Com | 3 comments YA semi-romance semi-mystery about girl who is growing up in the film industry because her (possibly divorced) father is a film director and she's spent most of her childhood on movie sets. Lots of insidery filmmaking jargon/tips sprinkled into the plot. Strong romance and/or mystery plot elements; possibly a series of books, and the titles may have been slight puns on movie-making terminology. International locations.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments The Maggie Ledoux series fits a little. Joan Lowery Nixon The first book in the series is Maggie, Too

Do you remember the cover?
Time period story takes place?

Sdb177yahoo.Com | 3 comments Time period is contemporary/ modern-day. There is a long section early on where the concept in filmmaking of "crossing the line" camera work is explained.

Thanks for the tip but I think the action stays in the world of film.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38153 comments Mod
Sdb177yahoo, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

Sdb177yahoo.Com | 3 comments Still looking! Please help I am desperate now. I am beyond words how much I would love to get back in touch with this series.

message 6: by Claire (new)

Claire Murfitt | 9 comments I read a series of books called "Gemma" back in the day - I'm pretty sure she was a child actress!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34375 comments Mod
Gemma series by Noel Streatfeild - Claire's suggestion

message 8: by Anne (new)

Anne | 11 comments I am looking for a very similar series! The one book I know is set in New Orleans.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Maggie, Too (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Joan Lowery Nixon (other topics)
Noel Streatfeild (other topics)