Terminalcoffee discussion

Entertainment ... and sports too > What TV programs do you recommend?

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments Rectify on Sundance is excellent. Season just ended, but you can watch on demand. Murder in the First on TNT is also good. I really like Elementary on CBS. New season coming up. Father Brown on PBS is worth watching online.

message 2: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (laurinlooloo) | 1867 comments Sherlock!

message 3: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments Yes!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been enjoying watching Gavin & Stacey with my daughter.

message 5: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) ::Googles Gavin & Stacey::

message 6: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments I Googled it, too. A British romantic comedy. Not yet here on PBS, which is where we get all the British programs.

I've been watching The Forsyte Saga. Frustrated privileged early 1900s stalker plays a big role. Now moving to the next generation.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Have just started watching the mini series Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. Dickens meets magic.

I also watched the Poldark series, excellent.

Both these are British.

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie | 44 comments Madam Secretary, Grey's Anatomy, and NCIS.

message 9: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments Star Trek recently had a 50-year anniversary, and I recorded all the original programs. I watch one when I'm in the mood.

message 10: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments Hell on Wheels about the building of the transcontinental railroad.

message 11: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments I'm watching Grace and Frankie on Netflix. Older women have a life. Lily Tomlin makes it interesting.

message 12: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 1037 comments House of Cards is pretty good on Netflix.

message 13: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (laurinlooloo) | 1867 comments I love Grace and Frankie.

message 14: by Lily (new)

Lily | 1 comments Diana Gabaldon’s masterpieces Outlander on Starz

message 15: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments Stranger Things is pretty good if you like sci-fi/fantasy. One I'd recommend for sure is Mr. Mercedes. Brendan Gleeson is great in this.

message 16: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments I'd recommend Black Mirror, if you haven't tried it. I find myself thinking about some of the episodes when things happen in real life. This season's first episode was a doozy that explored bullying and sexual harassment. It was based on the original Star Trek.

message 17: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11617 comments Preacher.

I believe it's on AMC. I just finished watching season 2 and I'm still loving it. You might be able to see older episodes on their web site.

message 18: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6019 comments "Z Nation" on SyFy (and Netflix). Imagine "The Walking Dead" with a sense of humor and 25 times the splatter and you're nearly there.

message 19: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments I recommend Goliath and all the mystery series on Masterpiece. Also Black Mirror.

message 20: by smetchie (last edited Aug 04, 2018 05:53AM) (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Castle Rock is creepy as hell!!! In a good way. (If you like that sort of thing.)

message 21: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments It is pretty good. King's work is finally in capable hands. Some of the other adaptations weren't done very well.

message 22: by CD (new)

CD  | 1438 comments I am getting recommendations to watch "Taken" the TV series. It has not gotten the highest ratings, (there is some obvious anti-French behavior going on because of some of the creators) that I've been told to ignore.

If anyone has watched it I'm seeking more commentary to decided whether to watch.

message 23: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments Sorry, don't know about that one. Mr. Mercedes will be coming back soon. Looking forward to it.

message 24: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11617 comments I watched all of "Taken" until it was canceled. It was probably the most violent show I've seen on network TV. I liked it enough to keep watching, though they certainly were able to follow some extremely tenuous threads to complete their missions. It might be a good binge watch when you're bored.

message 25: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11617 comments If you haven't watched "Preacher" you should.

Ditto for "Good Behavior."

message 26: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments Couldn't get into "Preacher," but "Good Behavior" is one I'd also recommend.

I have Hulu, and I watched the first episode of the British comedy "Absolutely Fabulous." I still laugh when I think of a couple of scenes. Nonsense, really, but fun.

message 27: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24099 comments Mod
I've been watching "Very Cavallari" and "Bachelor in Paradise."

I never paid attention to Jay Cutler when he was playing football, but he's surprisingly amusing on Very Cavallari. Very wry and gives off an I-don't-give-a-shit vibe but is also reading books to "improve himself." The other storylines are unappealing.

message 28: by CD (new)

CD  | 1438 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "I've been watching "Very Cavallari" and "Bachelor in Paradise."

I never paid attention to Jay Cutler when he was playing football, but he's surprisingly amusing on Very Cavallari. Very wry and giv..."

He was 'good' at improving himself for over a decade playing football. He just wasn't good enough to start to ever get to good enough in the end. He was very good at securing contracts that paid him a lot of money to have that vibe that in the NFL was called LOSING IMPORTANT BALLGAMES.

His wife, well she's blonde too.

message 29: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24099 comments Mod
Yeah.

message 30: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Line of Duty on Acorn is excellent.

message 31: by CD (new)

CD  | 1438 comments The Deuce on HBO starts the new season on Sunday(Sept. 9, 2018).

message 32: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 1037 comments The Deuce is a good show just like Shameless. Both are very interesting shows.

message 33: by CD (new)

CD  | 1438 comments The Deuce season 2 premiere didn't do much for me. One interesting plot line introduced concerns a murder. Could a serial killer be lurking along the edges of 42nd street?

message 34: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3389 comments Watching 11/22/63.

message 35: by CD (new)

CD  | 1438 comments Episode 2 of The Deuce wasn't a lot better.