Sarah Noffke Fan Club discussion

Warriors (The Reverians, #3)
This topic is about Warriors
The Reverians > Sneak Peek of Final Book Cover in The Reverians

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Aug 18, 2015 08:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
Rebels is almost ready and about to go to press. Once it does then the final book will go up on Amazon for preorder. Anyway, I was afraid the final cover would leak out before I got a chance to share the exclusive here. So here is the third and final cover for The Reverians series.

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
Okay, so what do you all think? Good or bad, I want to hear it all. Heck, I can still make revisions for a few more days actually. My designer loathes that about me. :)

Katy H (the_other_katy) | 66 comments It definitely has the right feeling. At least for what I've read thus far...

message 5: by Tamika-Leilani (new)

Tamika-Leilani | 13 comments Omw! I love it soooo much, it's better than good, it's great :-)

Dominic | 262 comments Mod
Love love love love it!!!! You're right, Katy, it has the right feeling. I love it, and I can guess that's Astin Valley. Am I wrong?

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
Thank you all! I'm thrilled you like it. That's a relief for sure. Thank you.

Getting the right feeling is important. No puffy clouds and blue skies. :)

And yes, Dominic, that's good ole Austin Valley.

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
And I'm not sure how this happens but now I've got the main character's backside on the cover of the last books in both my series. Revived and Warriors. How does that happen?

Dominic | 262 comments Mod
Lol. That is funny :) But I like it!

message 10: by Katy (last edited Aug 20, 2015 07:21AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) | 66 comments Sarah wrote: "And I'm not sure how this happens but now I've got the main character's backside on the cover of the last books in both my series. Revived and Warriors. How does that happen?"

Hmmm...must be some psychological obsession you have with your MC's backsides! Or it's symbolic of the series ending and aforementioned character "leaving". Yes, I paid too much attention for my own good in Psych 101.

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
Katy wrote: "Sarah wrote: "And I'm not sure how this happens but now I've got the main character's backside on the cover of the last books in both my series. Revived and Warriors. How does that happen?"

Hmmm....."

Katy, I think you're on to something. I like your psych analysis here. I do try to do a progression with the character's position on covers from first to last.

Paying attention in psych class is a good idea. That's a great area of study. I actually have a degree in it. As you can see from my career writing YA I don't really use it per se. :)

message 12: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) | 66 comments I have a degree in...well nothing actually. Supposedly my IQ is really high although IDK that IQ points still count for what they did in the past. I think it mostly makes me easily distracted to be honest!

That Psych class was a WHILE ago. I feel old now. *sigh* C'est la vie...

I've noticed your characters' progressions before although it was a little less obvious in Awoken, since she started out floating. (view spoiler)

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
Katy wrote: "I have a degree in...well nothing actually. Supposedly my IQ is really high although IDK that IQ points still count for what they did in the past. I think it mostly makes me easily distracted to be..."

You're obviously very well educated without a degree. I'm not sure about IQ anymore. Measuring it used to be a big deal. Have you heard of Gardner's measurement of IQ? He was a psychologist who believed there were multiple types of IQ: kinetic, emotional, creative, etc. Anyway, I like that because I don't do so well on the standard IQ stuff.

Thank you! I'm currently working on cover ideas for Ren's book. That one will be a whole different vibe. Sinister though. My poor cover designer, he never gets a break with me.

message 14: by Katy (last edited Aug 20, 2015 11:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) | 66 comments Thank you, Sarah. =) I was actually 2 credits shy of my degree and had to drop a class due to a serious, contagious illness. I think most of my grammatical education was actually instilled in me by my mother and grandmother. They're both amazingly intelligent and I still go to them if I ever have any questions.

I don't recall hearing of Gardner's measurement of IQ & I haven't a clue what scale was used on me. When I asked my mom what my IQ was once, she told me a ridiculous number. I think she may have been lying. She insists she wasn't so I don't know. (It was literally 2 points less than that of Dr. Reid's on Criminal Minds so you can understand my hesitancy to believe her...)

*squee* I can't wait to see Ren's cover!!!

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
Katy wrote: "Thank you, Sarah. =) I was actually 2 credits shy of my degree and had to drop a class due to illness. I think most of my grammatical education was actually instilled in me by my mother and grandm..."

You're very welcome. And I understand. Health is the biggest concern. Maybe you can go back and finish. You could try finishing by taking an online class? You know I teach online classes through a college. My students have all sorts of reasons for learning remotely and they love it. I do too. The college you attended probably has an online component. Most do these days.

Your mother and grandmother did an excellent job. And I wouldn't doubt your mother on this. They don't lie. :)

message 16: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) | 66 comments It's funny, I was studying Computer Graphic Design with a minor in Art because I like computers, design, programming, and art but I wasn't good at any of it (except maybe the programming.) Plus, that's what my sister did & I tended to try to emulate her.

I think I've always been too much of a perfectionist/nitpicker to work well with art, unfortunately. I think I'd like to find out what I need to do to become a legitimate book editor though. I'm not sure finishing my degree it CGD is going to help or if those credits (from 2001-2003) are even still applicable. Even if it would help, the class I need is a lab. Oh, how I despise labs. Except Botany! That was interesting.

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
Katy wrote: "It's funny, I was studying Computer Graphic Design with a minor in Art because I like computers, design, programming, and art but I wasn't good at any of it (except maybe the programming.) Plus, t..."

Yes, I think book editing is a great field for you. Best profession for a perfectionist. Found an article on the "hows."

http://www.editors.ca/join_eac/be_an_...

message 18: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy H (the_other_katy) | 66 comments Thank you, Sarah! I was doing the same thing...freaky!

Eh, great minds, right? =) Your link is probably infinitely more helpful than my fumblings though. =P

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
Katy wrote: "Thank you, Sarah! I was doing the same thing...freaky!

Eh, great minds, right? =) Your link is probably infinitely more helpful than my fumblings though. =P"

Yes, great minds, indeed. That's so funny. I hope this helps. I think you'd make a fantastic editor. I can't edit at all and rely on people like you. I write and in doing so I forget that things like commas exist. They don't really, do they? They're figments of everyone's imaginations, right?

Speaking of editors, I wished mine would get me back Rebels and then some lovely people could have the ARCs for the book. I'm about to issue a missing person's report as well as a missing book report. Errrr....

Karen | 12 comments Beautiful cover

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
Karen wrote: "Beautiful cover"

Thanks a ton! Love that you like it.

Stephanie Runion | 110 comments Sarah, so you acknowledge you have a thing for behinds.... Good to know!

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
Stephanie wrote: "Sarah, so you acknowledge you have a thing for behinds.... Good to know!"

Apparently, and I didn't even know it. There's one on the final book in each series... well not Ren's, but maybe there should be. :)

Stephanie Runion | 110 comments Mmmmmmmmm Ren's behind!!

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
Stephanie wrote: "Mmmmmmmmm Ren's behind!!"

Lol. I thought you'd like that one. :)

☆Stephanie☆ (TeacherofYA) | 43 comments Two thumbs up! :)

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
☆Stephanie☆ wrote: "Two thumbs up! :)"

Lol. You Stephanies get me. :)

Stephanie Runion | 110 comments Stephanie's always get you, realize this.... Oh and that we have a thing for Ren.

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
Stephanie wrote: "Stephanie's always get you, realize this.... Oh and that we have a thing for Ren."

You're talking about yourself in third person. Not weird...

Stephanie Runion | 110 comments We as in plural... 2 Stephanies. Not third person.

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
Oh duh. I need a nap.
Third person is perfectly acceptable, Sarah says.

Stephanie Runion | 110 comments You need lots of naps today... Happy Mother's Day!

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
Gosh, I'm out of it. I slept a loooooong time.

Stephanie Runion | 110 comments Sarah are you actually opening yourself up for me to bring the snark? This group isn't ready for it...

Sarah | 544 comments Mod
It's ready. I've sent out a newsletter. :) You're my snark queen.

Stephanie Runion | 110 comments Alright notch, it's on. But remember, I warned you.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Awoken (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sarah Noffke (other topics)