Detailed Roleplayers discussion

1x1 > Rose & Lynx

Comments Showing 1-50 of 243 (243 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments Mkay, here's the topic. :)

message 2: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Okay! I'll make the charries!!

message 3: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Name: Isabella

Features: green eyes, blonde hair, petite, fair skin, 5'3

Other is to be rp

--

Name: alex

Features: blue eyes, black hair, muscular, tan, 6'3

((I'll be more detailed when we start!))

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments ((That's fine, I add more details as I go too. :) ))

Name: Glenn Pierce
Appearance:
Position: King

----------------

Name: Ivy Dwyer
Appearance:
Position: Servant

message 5: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments ((Want to start??:) ))

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments ((May be easier if you do, so you can figure out where your character is. Like is she still in town or being brought in to see the king? Something like that.))

message 7: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Isabella gasped in pain as she was dragged in and thrown at the feet of her worst nightmare. She was dirty and bruised and bleeding, you couldn't see her beauty past her dirt and grime. She glared at the King's feet and wiped the blood from her nose. She glared at the knight behind her. She was starved. Ever since war the poor no longer got food, so she tried to steal from the market. She had succeeded many of times but not today. She gasped as she was shoved into a bow. Her hands were tied behind her.

Alex was the one who was pretending as a loyal guard. He huffed and bowed to the King, "my liege," he said, "she was stealing much food from the market area and she cursed out your name when she was caught. The dirty thief has stolen many times before. There was gold in her pathetic little tent she calls a home."

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments Glenn leaned back in his chair, sighing softly. Yet another thief. There was definitely a rise in crime in the area. He turned his gaze down to the girl. Compared to the clean floor, she looked like a complete mess. Normally he would throw a thief in prison, but he was in a good mood today.
"Thief, why were you stealing?" They always had the same story. Not enough food, starving kids, blah, blah, blah. If it was true he would sometimes send the family some food, but only if he increased the amount of time the thief was locked up. It was a little surprising to see a girl as a thief though, it was generally a guy.

Ivy watched the scene silently from her corner, brushing a lock of hair out of her eyes. The king seemed to be in a good mood so the girl would probably get a mild sentence, but it always depressed her to see the increase in amount of people clearly starving and stealing to survive. Poor girl. Ivy considered herself lucky. She was still a lowly servant, but she had three solid meals a day and a warm place to sleep. This girl didn't even have that, and neither did most of the thieves who were brought in.

message 9: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Isabella swallowed, her throat dry and lips cracked. Her piercing green eyes met the King, "I have a name," she said and glared, "and it's not thief. It happens to be Isabella," she whispered so her voice didn't crack, "and honestly I don't really think you care," she whispered and the knight slapped her, hard. She closed her eyes, tears pooling but none fell. She was too dehydrated to lose any water. Her clothes, rags rather, hung off her skinny frame and she looked exhausted, "throw me in jail. It's better than being out there," she murmured.

The knight slapped her again, "you will show your king respect for all he has done for the kingdom!" He yelled at glared at the small girl, "my King what shall be done?" He asked as the king seemed to be inspecting the girl, "don't get to close my lord, flees are bad this time of year." He said and glared at the thief. The other half, the real one felt awful. The poor girl. She was so sick looking and had obviously gone through abuse. By her quiet and sad attitude she had endured emotional pain as well.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments The king looked at her thoughtfully, debating what to do. If he locked her in prison then it would be doing as she requested, which he was never fond of. It would also reflect poorly on him given her state. On the other hand, it would make him seem very merciful if he could actually help her. She was rather pretty under the dreadful clothes and the grime. With some work maybe she could be reformed.

"You caught me on a good day, Thief. Normally by now I would have you in jail or worse." He commented, leaning forward in his chair. "So I ask one question. If you had had food, clothes, and a place to stay would you have still been a thief? Answer right and it is yours, answer wrong and you'll be hanged at first light." He settled back to await her answer.

Ivy shot the king a puzzled look. Was he really offering the girl a better place in life? How out of character. Then again the people had been rather upset with him as of late, so it did make sense to try and gain favor. What better way than a poor, pitiful girl?

message 11: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Isabella's lower lip trembled, as did her hands. When he leaned forward, she leaned back, "why should I be given all those things when people out there are still starving. If I did that well that would make me no better than... You," she said which earned her a kick to the back of the head. She let out a whimper, "no I wouldn't steal if I had those things." she whispered and shook her head, "it's wrong. I have no idea how you can sit in here while people out there starve," this time a tear did fall down her dirty cheek, leaving a clean trail of where it had slid down. She swallowed thickly and looked down again. Her bright green eyes the only thing not meeting the king's eyes.

The knight slapped her and kicked her at every disrespectful word. He stood stone cold but just wanted to hug the poor girl. She has suffered and now the king is considering using her for a charity so he looked better. He sighed then looked at the king, "my lord where shall I take the disgusting thief? I don't want to ruin your beautiful floors?"

message 12: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments ((Hey it's getting late but I'll be on tomorrow!! I love this rp all ready Nd in super excited to get more into it!!))

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments ((Okay, sounds good. :) ))

The king listened to her silently, his gaze growing cold at every disrespectful comment. Once she finally admitted she wouldn't steal, he nodded ever so slightly.
"Ivy. Come here please."
Ivy hurriedly stepped out of the shadows, curtsying low to in his presence. "Yes, your highness?" She kept her head low, wondering what he would have her do that could possibly relate to the girl.
"The thief is now in your care. She will stay with you. Get her into something decent, make sure she is fed, and show her the ropes." Glenn leaned forward again, looking between the two of them gravely. "If she puts even one toe out of line you will both be punished."
Ivy moved to a standing position. "Of course, your highness." She leaned down to help the girl up, seriously hoping the girl would shape up. It wouldn't be fair for her to be harmed because of the thief's actions.

message 14: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Isabella weakly stood. She walked, leaning again Ivy as they walked to her quarters. She stood in the middle of the room and looked down at her bare feet. She didn't have shoes so her feet were cut up and bruised. She hated the King, despised him. She didn't want to be his newest charity case but she didn't want this innocent girl in trouble. When she was approached, she flinched back, not used to being touched. Every time she had been touch in the past it hurt so when Ivy approached her she flinched away, still not talking. She needed a lot of work, especially with help needing to get her weight back up. Her piercing green eyes met Ivy's for the first time.

"My Lord I don't think Ivy should get blamed for her actions. This girl is wild. She won't just tame. She's also thin and hurt and I wouldn't doubt She has some sort of disease," he said, "not that I don't respect your choice because it's a wonderful idea but I think we need to think and reconsider," he said and looked at the king.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments Ivy gently led the way, pausing in the hall to carefully undo the straps around her wrists. "It's okay, I won't hurt you." She murmured softly whenever Isabella started to flinch away. "They'll take care of you here. Food, clothes, a warm place to sleep. If you behave the workload isn't too bad, either." Ivy smiled faintly at the girl. "Just do what I say and we will both be fine. Come on." She led her to a small room towards the top of the building. The roof was lightly sloped along one wall but it had two beds - one on each wall - and was cozy. Ivy had made sure it was nice and homey, since this room was what she had to call her own.

"You doubt my decision?" Glenn rested his elbows on his knees, clasping his hands together. His gaze focused on the knight as he explained his reasoning, as though to a child, "The thief knows right and wrong. She understands her actions. Yet she stole, so she clearly has a sense of self-preservation. I don't think she will act out, especially under Ivy's care. She will be cared for and she will know it would be wrong to act out again because it would be more than just her getting punished. Ivy is a good servant, she will make sure the girl does right."

message 16: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Isabella looked at her, "right," she whispered and looked around the room, "never had a bed before," she whispered and pushed her matted and dirty blonde hair back. She had bruises and cuts and was covered in dirt and grime. She took a deep breath and rubbed her wrists, standing there in her rags. She looked over the servant. For a servant she was dressed beautifully. She swallowed and looked around. It wasn't cold. They had heat? Her big green eyes jumped around the room, "what did he mean by clean me up?" She whispered. She was a gorgeous girl beneath layers of filth. She'd be even better once she filled out.

The knight nodded, "of course my lord, the enemy side is intruding more into your kingdom but troops are fighting hard your highness. That and three suitors for you will be sent in for dinner this evening but will leave straight after. Also the thief stole gold, would you like me to go to her tent and return it to you?"

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments ((might not be on much today, have work and stuff to do.))

"Yes, yes. Hang on..." Ivy pulled open her trunk and started rummaging around towards the bottom. She was taller than the other girl, but not my much. Some of her older clothes might fit her until they could go talk to the court seamstress and see if she had anything extra they could get. Ivy pulled out a soft green dress and some clean undergarments, turning and holding them up near Isabelle. "Mmm, should fit well enough." She tucked it over her arm and grabbed a small bar of soap, a towel, her brush, and - after a moment's thought - a few handtowels.
"Alright, I'll show you where the servant's baths are. We can get you your own soap and clothes once you're cleaned up." She eyed Isabelle before nodding slightly. "Definitely after you're cleaned up. Come on, this way." She stepped out into the hall and headed down the left.

"No, let some other thief take it. It's probably not worth the trip." The king sighed and rose to his feet. "Is that all for the day? I grow weary sitting in this throne all day."

message 18: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Isabella sighed and looked around. She then bathed. She scrubbed at her filthy skin and washed her matted hair. She swallowed and washed off her body. It took over an hour but it was all off. She brushed out the tangled mess that was her hair and sighed. She was beautiful. By her looks she could have been one of the suitors. She slid into the green dress then looked at the filthy water being drained. She took a deep breath and then looked at Ivy, "is this up to his highness' standards?" She muttered, pushing a lock of hair from her face. She looked at her skinny body then back to Ivy, "wouldn't want to upset him," she mumbled. She hated any royals but mostly him.

Alex nodded, "your highness, you are free to go about to your free time. I only called you because of the thief," he said and bowed as the King walked away. He smirked and looked at the battle plans then went to send word to his people. The dumb King, thinking he had a chance in this war.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments Ivy spent the time Isabella spent bathing running around and gathering items for the girl. With plenty of bribing, begging, and trading she managed to scrounge together three simple dresses, a pair of shoes that she hoped were the right size, some undergarments, soap, and a slice of cheese smothered and melted in a roll. Dinner wouldn't be for another couple hours and the girl looked like she needed some extra meat on her bones.
Ivy slipped into the room as Isabella was combing her hair. All she was holding was the roll and the shoes, the rest was all on Isabella's new bed. The girl really was lovely. An excellent pick on the King's part. "Yes, that will do nicely. There are some things for you on your bed, but I can show you those later. I took a guess with the shoes, do they fit? If they don't we can go trade them for another pair." Ivy knelt down and set the shoes on the floor in front of Isabella.

Glenn made his way to the library, weariness clear on his face. He put on a front for others, but there was simply so much to worry about. Starving people, hungry troops, the war.... It was like at every move the enemy was one step ahead. Glenn had a feeling there was a spy somewhere in the castle, but where would he even begin trying to find the spy?
He sighed and dropped down into an armchair, pulling a book over. It was a book on warfare. Yes, he had his advisors and generals. But he wanted to understand more and protect his people, he wanted to win the battle against the tyrant seeking his lands.

message 20: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments "Perfect," she smiled then looked at the food and her lips parted. She grabbed it and scarfed it down quickly. She sighed in content, "you get food everyday?" She asked and her eyes lightened up. She frowned, feeling shoes on her feet for the first time, "so you wear these... Everywhere?" She asked slowly and bit her pink lip. Her green eyes were so enhanced by the dress. She wrinkled her little nose, "so um... What now? We don't have to see that stupid king again do we?" She sat on a stool and smoothed out the beautiful silky skirt. She wondered how long Ivy had lived here. She also wondered why the king would keep a girl like herself, she was a thief so why not hang her?

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments "Food everyday and shoes everywhere." Ivy confirmed, smiling at how excited the girl looked about food. "They've cut back on food portions and quality, but that's for everyone. The king included. Really, he's not so bad. Give him a chance the way he gave you one." Ivy sat on a stool next to her, sighing softly. "And we probably should go see him again, just so he can see you all dolled up. I should warn you now he's a bit of a flirt, but if he hears any stories or rumors going around he will go straight to the source and punish you. My roommate had that happen to her last month." Ivy explained softly, looking around to make sure nobody was listening. "I heard he shipped her off to some troops at the border. Said if she talks shit, let her be treated like shit. A lot of the men there are lonely, if you know what I mean." Ivy whispered, her voice soft.
"But don't worry. Just keep quiet and don't say anything disrespectful and there won't be any issues. He's not pushy, it's all in good fun." Ivy explained, swinging her feet lightly, her feet inches from the ground. "Also don't talk unless spoken to, curtsy when you first see him, and curtsy when you leave. Do as he asks and he'll treat you well."

message 22: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Isabella nodded, "right, of course. Not a bad person at all," she muttered and sighed, "He just better keep his hands off of me. I've been man handled more than once and don't need it from the kingdom's leader," she murmured as they walked down the large stairs and the hallways. The palace was so beautiful, it was perfect, a picture perfect home. She wondered what it was like to grow up in such a huge and beautiful place, "are we allowed outside?" She asked as they walked to the library where they were informed the King was. She sighed and hugged herself. She was self conscious, despite how picture perfect she looked. She didn't look like a servant at all.

Alex looked at the two girls and bowed, "right this way," he led them through the large library and slid into the king's office, "your highness, Isabella is here for your approval," he announced as the two girls waited outside, "might I say my liege she is... She definitely doesn't belong on the streets," he smirked and bowed as he then looked back to his king, "so may I let her in or would you like more alone time?"

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments "Yes, we are allowed outside though only on time off. We can visit town, whatever we would like." Ivy confirmed, leading her towards the hall. "It really isn't so bad..." She grew quiet as they reached the library, the knight going on ahead to confirm that they could enter.

Glenn sighed and set his book aside, nodding lightly. "Sure, send her in." He sat up straighter and smoothed down his shirt.

As they were allowed inside, Ivy took the lead and stopped just inside the room, dipping into a low curtsy and murmuring a soft, "Your Highness." Before straightening up and standing off to the side, waiting for a nod from the king before speaking. "Isabella is situated and ready to work in the morning," she murmured softly, watching Isabella and hoping she would remember what she had told her earlier.

message 24: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Isabella stepped into the light and her green eyes met his. She curtseyed and didn't open her mouth until she got permission. She stood and rolled her slender shoulders back. Her gorgeous blonde hair flowed around her shoulders like a halo. When she got a nod she opened her mouth but frowned when a knight led Ivy out. Isabella watched her friend with big eyes and swallowed when she was left alone with her worst nightmare. She looked at the King again, "I just wanted to apologize to you for my poor attitude. I am grateful for the chances you have given me," she bowed her head but kept her bright eyes all on the king.

Alex looked at Ivy, "sorry, he wanted to speak to her alone, he wanted to see her behavior without you in there," he said and looked at her with soft eyes. She was so beautiful, "Ivy, right?"

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments Glenn smiled slightly and stood up. She looked very much like a model citizen, and the apology was very gracious. "And you are forgiven." He slowly paced around her, eying her from head to toe. "Very nice, very nice." He stopped in front of her, meeting her eyes. "I'm thinking I'll put you on cleaning duty, west wing. Ivy works there as well. However..." He reached out to brush a lock of hair out of Isabella's face. "Such a pretty girl like you can easily get a promotion." His eyes glinted as he eyed her again. "One amazing night and you can be a serving lady." He stepped in towards her, smiling. "It's half the work." Most girls in the castle would jump for a role like that. Chance to be closer to nobility, more time to relax, no gross cleaning to do...

Ivy leaned against a bookshelf casually, nodding slightly. "Yes, and you're Sir Alex, I believe. I've seen you around before."

message 26: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Isabella swallowed thickly. If she declined she could be sent to that island. By his tone she knew it wasn't an option. She nodded and watched as he fixed her hair back. She met his gaze and gave a small smile, "name the night," she whispered and shivered when his hands brushed her skin. She took in a shaking breath. She had no idea what to do other than agree. She couldn't be sent to a secluded place of troops and she didn't want to die. After Ivy's talk it seemed like a horrid idea to decline the prince of his needs. Her bright green eyes met his, "it would be my pleasure," she whispered and bowed her head again, pink soft lips parting as she gazed up at him.

Alex sighed, "just um call me Alex, I'm a worker, same as you," he smiled and looked at her, "I'm glad we have finally gotten to meet Ivy, I've heard nothing but wonderful things about you."

message 27: by Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten (last edited Aug 19, 2015 12:09PM) (new)

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments ((Lol, she could have declined if she wanted to, there would only have been backlash if she spread rumors that he was rough with her, pushy, whatever. Because he would never force a girl. If you want to edit you're free to.))

Glenn simply nodded, smiling slightly. This girl was a little fighter, she was. Honestly he wasn't too surprised, though he could see her changing her mind after a while of cleaning. "Okay then." He took a couple steps back, "The deal is still open should you change your mind." Glenn returned to his chair and looked her over. "So tell me about yourself. Why were you stealing in the first place?"

"Have you really?" Ivy raised an eyebrow, smiling slightly. "I didn't know I was a common name to go around among men of your status."

message 28: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments ((Can we just pretend she said no so could you edit his response??))

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments ((Sure, I'll do that now))

message 30: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Isabella looked at him, "my parents dies. We were poor to start with but I hadn't eaten in weeks and I was starved. I had to do my own stealing and I failed. I was starved and the gold I took was to get medicine for a little girl I knew who lives with her family in a little shack," she said and looked at him with sincere eyes. She looked at him and frowned deeply, "why did you want to give me another chance? A king like you, what importance do I hold to someone so high and mighty if you don't mind my asking," she murmured. Eyes a bright green as she stared at him.

He chuckled, "I do my research," he smiled at her softly, "I never forget such a pretty face," he winked, "so you are her care taker I assume?" He wondered out loud.

message 31: by Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten (last edited Aug 19, 2015 07:02PM) (new)

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments ((Have to go))

Glenn nodded grimly at the news. He'd been hearing a lot of sad stories like this. He was quite for a moment before answering her question, "Believe it or not, I don't like the conditions out there. I can take on another servant here, and I have a feeling you wouldn't have stolen if it wasn't necessary. As you said, you were starving. You didn't steal the second you were hungry, you stole as a last resort. When I'm already fighting at war the last thing I need is my people loosing faith in me. This is a tricky situation, you see. Think of it as chess. Your goal is to take out the royalty since they are the most powerful and actually bring the game to an end. In the process you have troops at your disposal. The job is easier the more pieces you can protect, but sometimes sacrifices must be made. Unfortunately I've had to sacrifice a few pawns. I don't like seeing my people suffering, but in an attempt to bring about greater good it has to be done. But that doesn't mean I can't manage to save a few. That is why I'm letting you stay."

Ivy blushed lightly, nodding slightly. "Yes, she's in my care for now. Until she gets her feet under her, at least. I just hope she doesn't get us both in trouble."

message 32: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Isabella blinked in surprise. She bit her lip and looked at him. That's when the first wall broke. He was handsome and cared. She swallowed and sighed, "I see," she whispered and nodded, "I really am sorry for my awful behavior towards you, your highness. I was in the wrong and I owe you me life," she whispered and looked at him with her green eyes, "is there anything you'd like me to do for you?" She asked and smoothed out her green dress. She bit her soft lip and zoned in on her King. He wasn't so bad... For a spoiled rich boy anyway. She took a deep breath and sighed. She couldn't start crushing on him now or she would give into that offer. The though made her cheeks burn and started to make her giddy but she ignored it.

"I see," Alex say and nodded, "I don't think she will, that girl is a smart girl you know and she seems to like you. I doubt she has had any friends before. Any real ones anyway."

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments Glenn smiled faintly, his eyes twinkling. "Oh, there's many things I'd like you to do for me, but you already said no." He stood up and started to talk towards the door, but paused as a thought occurred to him. Slowly he turned around and looked at Isabella thoughtfully, the gears in his head obviously spinning.
"Actually, there is something you I would like you to do. You're new here so you aren't into the politics of anything yet. I'd like you and Ivy to keep your eyes and ears open. If you see anything that looks suspicious I would like to hear about it. I have a feeling there is at least one less than trustworthy person around here. If either of you hear anything and after investigation it is true, you'll get a promotion and a bonus. Please tell Ivy."

"You think she likes me? We've barely spoken. I don't even know if I like her yet." Ivy gave Alex a crooked smile before adding, "Yeah, she seems like she might turn out okay after all." In an attempt to change the subject she asked, "You haven't been here long, right?"

message 34: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Isabella looked at him and nodded slowly, "okay," she said then walked out and saw Ivy was busy so she decided to go exploring. She walked around and peaked her head in a secret room. There was gold and jewels and money. She swallowed and her eyes widened, "so many people could benefit if she took some and gave it to the poor. She shook her head and slid out. If she did that Ivy would get hurt and she couldn't hurt someone else. She sighed and continued to walk around. She bit her lip and ran right into Ivy, "oh! Hi! Sorry I was just- I saw you were speaking to someone and I really didn't want to interrupt," she smiled and looked at her, "plus I don't exactly know how to do this job," she said slowly and looked down, "we are supposed to listen for anything suspicious and report to the king immediately if we find anything," she said quickly.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments Ivy shot a surprised glance at Isabella. "Oh, of course. Um, sounds good." Well she hadn't been expecting that, that was for sure. "Well at this point in the day we don't really need to do anything. I can give you a tour or show you what we do, if you'd like. It's not very difficult. Dinner shouldn't be much longer." Ivy started to walk down the hall, not really waiting to see if Isabella was following. "So how did your talk with the king go?"

message 36: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments "You were right about the flirting. I walked in and he said if I gave him a perfect night he would give me a promotion," she said and sighed, "I declined of course but he still keeps looking at me like I'm some sort of game he has to win," she shrugged and looked at her, "but he does that with everyone right?" She asked quickly and hurried to catch up with her. She pulled her blonde hair over one shoulder and walked up the steps with her, "he wanted me to meet him in his room, I can't believe girls actually agree to that. The King is a player," she said and shook her head, "I doubt he has feelings for any girl," she folded her arms and continued to walk.

Alex ate with the king and looked at him, "is there a dating rule between servants and knights your highness?" He asked. He knew Isabella was off limits as the King doesn't seem through with her but he wondered if Ivy was available.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments "Told you." Ivy chuckled softly, shaking her head. "He does that with a lot of the prettier girls. I don't think most take him up on the offer except for the really lazy ones or power greedy ones. I met one girl who took up his offer, but she later told me that it was because she hoped she would get pregnant and have a son who was a prince. Crazy, right?"
Ivy led the way to their wing. "Okay, this is where we clean every morning. There's a closet at the end of the hall." Ivy simply pointed. "It has all the supplies. We sweep, mop, and make sure all the beds have fresh sheets." She moved into an empty room and showed her around it, continuing to give her the ropes about everything.
"It hasn't been as bad lately because the King hasn't had as many guests." Ivy said when she was done explaining. "Since the war started he has really cut back on social and diplomatic events."

"Dating rule?" Glenn chuckled, shaking his head. "No. What you do in your bed is your business. Who do you have your eye on?" He asked curiously, spearing a potato and cutting it carefully.

message 38: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Isabella nodded, "easy enough," she said and listened to her, "so... That knight," she smiled at her and her eyes lit up, "do you two have a thing going?" She asked and plopped on her bed once they reached their cozy little room. She smiled and looked at her happily, "and pregnant?! Are you kidding? God the last thing I would want would be to get pregnant with his child," she huffed and shook her head. She then sat up, "anyway back to you and sir dreamy," she smiled and looked at her, "if you two don't have a thing you should go for it," she winked and looked at her happily. When she lived in the city of the kingdom she had dated before. One boy but he died from a disease they couldn't cure.

Alex shrugged, "I had an eye on Isabella but your highness I feel she is off limits. Then I met the famous Ivy, she is who I have my eyes on now," he smirked.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments Ivy laughed and sat down on her bed, shaking her head. "No, I've never really met him before now. He is quite handsome though. I just don't feel like I know him well enough." She smiled down at her hands, toying with a ribbon that dangled by them. "Do you really think I should go for it? He's a knight, I'm a nobody..."

Glenn raised an eyebrow at Alex as he chewed slowly on a slice of potato. After swallowing he said, "She's hardly famous. Though she is very pretty. She grew up here, you know. We used to play together from time to time as kids. She's a good girl, you'd do well by her." He took another bite of potato, wishing there was more meat and vegetables on his plate. But alas, that's what happens during a war.

message 40: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments "Yeah, he is," she smiled then looked at her, blushing slightly, "I um- well- when do we get food again?" She asked and looked at her, "I'm just- I'm still so hungry and that roll was probably the best thing I had in my entire life," she said and looked at her, "I normally got whatever scraps I could gather from plates but as people are more and more desperate for food no scraps or left so I went a few weeks and tried to steal but we saw how that turned out," she smiled and shrugged slightly. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. The bed was a lot better than the ground.

Alex nodded, "thanks," he said and finished up his plate. At his palace you couldn't date the servants. It caused conflict so his king never allowed it, "so you didn't like any of your suitors?" He asked as all of the girls weren't at dinner so he must have sent them away.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments "That sounds like a difficult life..." Ivy murmured softly. She had been lucky and missed most of the horrors of living poor in the city. Her family had been servants for the crown for generations. She'd even heard a tale of how when the first king in the line of the current king had taken over, they had made the previous royalty his servants to show them where they belonged. Ivy liked the thought that perhaps, generations ago, her ancestors could have been royalty. But she knew it was just a story, a tale spread and changed through word of mouth.
"They might be serving dinner already. We usually don't eat until the king is finished. We polish off whatever the king and his nobles didn't eat, plus whatever extra filler the cook prepared on the side to make sure there's enough to go around. Lately it's been potatoes, though last month it was rice." Ivy hopped down off of her bed and smoothed out her skirt. "Let's go check."

Glenn sighed and shook his head. "No. They were all like the rest. Either family puppets or only seeking power. You know I don't like that. It gives them all the same characteristics. Too nice and willing to bend over backwards to do what you ask. Literally. I asked one girl to bend over backwards. She did it, and in her corset too. It was extremely impressive. Pity she was so shallow though, I liked how flexible she was." Glenn shrugged and stabbed the last bite of meat on his plate, chewing on it contentedly as he thought about that suitor.

message 42: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Isabella peaked in the large dining hall. She saw they were finished and slid in. She cleared up all empty plates and looked around. No girls. Where were the supposed suitors that were supposed to be here for him? Probably didn't even bother to show up. She realized she was staring at empty seats then looked to the King, "anything else this evening my lord?" She asked and met his eyes with her green ones. She looked over at Alex as he got up and went to the kitchen. She was hoping he was going to Ivy.

Alex bowed to Ivy and extended a hand, "join me this evening for a walk around the palace gardens?" He asked softly and kissed her knuckles, "I'd be honored to have you on my arm," he smiled softly and straightened, gazing down intensely into her eyes.

((I won't be on much today!! I have lots of errands to run))

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments ((Alright :) ))
Glenn watched Isabella preform her duties, his head cocked lightly to the side as he contemplated what she was thinking as she stared at the chairs. When she looked his way, though, Glenn leaned back in his chair and patted his belly. His steely grey eyes met hers as he chuckled. "Not unless you intend to take up that offer." He joked lightly before gathering his dishes and adding them to her stack. He didn't really need to help, but she was new. So why not?

Ivy jumped lightly in surprise as she turned a corner and there was Alex. As he bowed to her she hastily dropped into a curtsy, taking his hand when it was offered. A faint blush graced her freckled cheeks as her eyes flew up to meet his, startled by the gentle brush of his lips. Butterflies danced in her belly as she answered his question and straightened up, still holding his hand. It was so large and warm, both callused and gentle at the same time. Part of her didn't want to let it go.
"Oooh..." She breathed, her eyes wide. "I-uh, yes. It would be my pleasure, sir." A date with a knight? That was almost unheard of for lowly girls like her.

message 44: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments "No I'm not interested in your other offer. Some women prefer to keep their legs closed," she said and sighed when he handed her plates, "thank you, your highness," she walked back to the kitchen. Ivy was gone and she heard the King's footsteps following. She probably should not have said what she have. It was rude yes but she couldn't help it. Some times words slid out of her mouth and she meant what she said but she shouldn't have said it aloud to anyone, especially the King himself. It was a rude comment and could get her into plenty of trouble.

Alex led her to the gardens, "Ivy is such a lovely name," he led her down the stone path and smiled down at her, "suits such a lovely lady such as yourself," he smiled and sat on a bench, guiding her to sit right beside him. He turned to her, "tell me about yourself."

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments Glenn found himself chuckling slightly at her reply, shaking his head in amusement. She was so unlike most women. So bold and daring, such a hard catch. Glenn rolled his shoulders and cracked his neck before standing up and following after her, curious about what Isabella planned to do now. After a short while he stopped though, and leaned against the wall. Of course, how stupid. Such a pretty girl like her probably had a guy back in the city already.

Ivy settled down next to him, smoothing out her skirt and hiding the faint blush on her cheeks with her hair as she focused on smoothing out every wrinkle. "Ooh, well.. there's nothing very interesting about me." She breathed, her eyes fluttering up to meet his. "I've lived here my entire life, my family has been servants for generations, and... that's about it." She gave an embarrassed shrug, looking away again before asking, "What about you, Sir? Is there anything interesting about you beyond being a knight?" She regretted saying the words the second she uttered them, hoping he wouldn't take it offensively. She found knights to be rather interesting.

message 46: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Isabella sighed. She cleaned up all of the plates. Alone. She huffed, of course all the others ditched. She had never had a man before. She never thought one worth it, especially after years of her stepfather taking advantage of her. She swallowed and started getting agitated and when she swung around the glass plates fell to the ground and shattered. She covered her mouth, "no, no no no no," she whispered into her hand. It was all so expensive. She shook her head and her breathing picked up and she fell to her knees, trying to pick up the crystal and glass all by herself. It was cutting her but she knew the king was right outside and probably heard the shattering. This was a disaster.

Alex chuckled, "call me Alex Love, and me? There's not much to know. I've been in war and I've trained ever since I can remember. Sent away from my family at seven and trained until I was sixteen then joined in an army. I was um... Shipped over to help the king with his war effort," he said and wrapped an arm around her to keep her warm. He smiled at her and swiped her hair back, "you aren't seeing someone, are you?"

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments Glenn startled from his thoughts as he heard glass breaking down the hall. He hurried down and pushed open the door, stepping in carefully. "Are you okay?" He eyed the broken glass and her hands before walking over and crouching down next to her. "Hey, hey, hey. Don't worry about the glass." He reached out for her hand, gently pulling it close and examining the cuts. "You should have just used the broom, Isabella. Come, let's go get that checked out. One of those cuts looks deep."

Ivy shot him a surprised look when he wrapped an arm around her before shaking her head lightly. "No, actually. I would say to join the line, but I'm not interested in any of the others..." She found herself relaxing into his arm a little, her gaze on the flowers in front of them. She always loved the gardens, they were always so cared for and could brighten her day in even the worst of moods.

message 48: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments Isabella swallowed and looked up at him as he helped her and sat with her. She looked up at him, "I'll work back my dues," she whispered and looked at him, "I swear it was an accident I got lost in memory and I just-" she took a deep breath as he helped wrap her hand, "thank you," she whispered and looked at him with soft green eyes, taking a deep breath. She was relieved he didn't hate her for what she did. Most would, it was a clumsy move of her part. She sighed and looked at him, "really, thank you I won't let it happen again," she murmured, blushing at how close they were.

Alex smiled, "are you interested now," he tilted her chin so she had to look at him. He smiled and pressed his lips to her forehead gently.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 465 comments "Accidents happen." Glenn murmured softly, "that can be replaced way easier than your health. You alright? Want to talk about what upset you and made you drop it?" He met her eyes, seeming genuinely concerned and hoping there wouldn't be issued with having hired her on.

Ivy smiled slightly at the feeling of his lips, but replied with a soft, "Yes. But I would like to learn more about you before we become an item. For all I know you could be one of those sex craved player knights."

message 50: by Rose (new)

Rose (allthefandom) | 3981 comments "No, it was just some problems back in the kingdom but it's fine," she whispered and smoothed her skirt. She took a deep breath and looked up at him, "it's over I'm fine my brain just wandered is all," she said and rolled her shoulders back so she wasn't slouching. She sighed and looked to him and bit her lip, "thank you for being understanding my lord," she said and let her eyes slowly go up to meet his.

Alex nodded, "there isn't much to know, I'm warning you. Not much at all," he chuckled and stood, "shall we continue our walk?" He asked and offered her his strong arm. He was charming, kind, and did genuinely like her but he had his big dirty secret. That was one things he'd never share with her.

« previous 1 3 4 5