What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Ivory Rose
This topic is about Ivory Rose
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance / Twin Sister Switch / Evil Twin. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaye (new)

Jaye (anairhp) | 41 comments I read this sometime between 1990 and 2005.

KNOWN:
There are twin girls, one good (GT) and one evil (ET). ET is supposed to marry some guy, but she really doesn't want to, so she makes her innocent sister do it (guilt trip I think, possibly from a convent), and leaves. GT and hero (H) fall in love and he gives her flowers and all is awesome. ET finds out H is rich and decides she totally wants in on that action, so she comes back. ET kidnaps GT (or has her boyfriend do it) and pretends to be H's wife. He realizes there is something shady when ET talks about how flowers remind her funerals and she doesn't want them anywhere near her. He goes looking for GT and all is HEA.

THINK:
I think GT is pregnant when she is kidnapped, that H knows about it, and that GT was in/on her way to a convent at the beginning. I don't remember any major issues between GT and H, like betrayals, and think that GT tells H all about the switch. There is also, as far as I recall, no rape between GT/H.

That's all I can remember right now, but if I think of more, I'll update. Thank you all for any suggestions!!!

message 2: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2424 comments Hmmmm... What about The Tryst by Lynda Trent?

message 3: by Jaye (new)

Jaye (anairhp) | 41 comments I don't think so, but I'll check it out. I don't remember him being a knight, but a noble. And her sister (in the one I remember) isn't crazy, just selfish and cruel. I think it's set in either France or England during a monarchy period, but I don't think court plays a large part. Gah, I hate when I can't remember enough to google up the answer. :(

Thanks for the suggestion, regardless of whether it pans out!

message 4: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1197 comments Have you looked through listopia? There are a couple twin lists for historical romances.
Twins or Lookalikes Historical Romance

Historical romance with twins

message 5: by Jaye (new)

Jaye (anairhp) | 41 comments Okay, just finished going through those lists. Still no match. I actually feel a little better than other people can't figure this out either, although I still have that itch that comes with wanting to read that book and being unable to find it. Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

message 6: by Jaye (new)

Jaye (anairhp) | 41 comments Any more suggestions? If anyone can help, it will be a goodreads member!

message 7: by Jaye (new)

Jaye (anairhp) | 41 comments Found it! Ivory Rose by Kathleen McCall

message 8: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 4 comments I am so glad I came across this post. I have actually been looking for this book myself for a long time! I loved it when I first read it and was always bummed that I did not keep this one on my shelf!

message 9: by Jaye (new)

Jaye (anairhp) | 41 comments Woot! The system works!!! I'm so glad we helped!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Tryst (other topics)
Ivory Rose (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lynda Trent (other topics)