YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2)
This topic is about The Girl Who Played with Fire
BUDDY READ: Mystery/Crime > The Girl Who Played with Fire, Millenium Book 2 by Stieg Larsson - Restarting February 22nd 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

June | 713 comments Mikael Blomkvist, crusading journalist and publisher of the magazine Millennium, has decided to run a story that will expose an extensive sex trafficking operation between Eastern Europe and Sweden, implicating well-known and highly placed members of Swedish society, business, and government.

But he has no idea just how explosive the story will be until, on the eve of publication, the two investigating reporters are murdered. And even more shocking for Blomkvist: the fingerprints found on the murder weapon belong to Lisbeth Salander—the troubled, wise-beyond-her-years genius hacker who came to his aid in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and who now becomes the focus and fierce heart of The Girl Who Played with Fire.

As Blomkvist, alone in his belief in Salander’s innocence, plunges into an investigation of the slayings, Salander herself is drawn into a murderous hunt in which she is the prey, and which compels her to revisit her dark past in an effort to settle with it once and for all.

Please feel free to join Isaboe and June as we get through this mammoth sequel to the The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo.

June | 713 comments Started today and finished Part 1. A good re-introduction to Lisabeth and Mikael, it doesn't go over everything and as I read book 1 a few months ago it gave enough details to jog my memory. But I was reminded why I almost gave up o this series. I am definitely not 100% comfortable with the subject matter- definitely out of my comfort zone.

But the suspense is good so far. Wonder what Advocate Nils has found out about Lisabeth's past and who was the guy? And I still am laughing at his punishment by Lisabeth. And it seems he has a lot to learn.

message 3: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 17th of November 2016

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4553 comments Starting this now, since i have the audio, and it's like 18hrs long and has to be back on Monday so.

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4553 comments Chapter 1:
(view spoiler)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4553 comments Chapter 15:
(view spoiler)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4553 comments Chapter 24:
(view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82926 comments Mod
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting February 22nd 2018. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jayme | 283 comments Prologue & Chapter 1:
(view spoiler)

GridGirl | 622 comments Prologue & Chapter 1: (view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments GridGirl wrote: "Prologue & Chapter 1:"
(view spoiler)

message 12: by Jayme (last edited Feb 26, 2018 11:13PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 2 & 3:
(view spoiler)
Edit:(view spoiler)

message 13: by Jayme (last edited Feb 26, 2018 11:35PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 4 & 5:
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 6 & 7:
(view spoiler)

GridGirl | 622 comments Chapters 2&3:
(view spoiler)

GridGirl | 622 comments Chapters 4&5:
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments GridGirl wrote: "Chapters 4&5:"
(view spoiler)

message 18: by Jayme (last edited Mar 12, 2018 12:02AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 8 & 9:
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 10 & 11:
(view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Joining in with this one today. Let's see how it compares to book 1! :)

Jayme | 283 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "Joining in with this one today. Let's see how it compares to book 1! :)"
Yay! It's been really good so far! It definitely has a different feel to it than The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo but still has the same charms. It seems to focus more on Salander as well, which is great because she's awesome :)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Jayme wrote: "✨Skye✨ wrote: "Joining in with this one today. Let's see how it compares to book 1! :)"
Yay! It's been really good so far! It definitely has a different feel to it than The Girl With the Dragon Tat..."

Yes! Lisbeth is such an enigmatic character. I watched the film after reading book 1 and I'm just imagining her as Rooney Mara now as I'm reading.

Jayme | 283 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "Jayme wrote: "✨Skye✨ wrote: "Joining in with this one today. Let's see how it compares to book 1! :)"
Yay! It's been really good so far! It definitely has a different feel to it than The Girl With ..."

Me too! I love Rooney Mara and really thought she embodied Lisbeth's character! Also, I'm completely obsessed with the opening sequence with Karen O's cover of Immigrant Song :)

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 12 & 13:
(view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Prologue, Chapters 1, 2 and 3 (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments GridGirl wrote: "Prologue & Chapter 1: Wow, that was so shocking! That poor girl... I had a feeling that this could be Salander's past? But you would have mentioned this, because you already know stuff about her pa..."

I have to admit the maths just goes in one ear and out the other! I've never been a maths person and I can't fathom Lisbeth's interest xD

GridGirl | 622 comments Jayme wrote: "Chapters 6 & 7:"

Chapters 6&7:
(view spoiler)

GridGirl | 622 comments Chapters 8&9:
(view spoiler)

GridGirl | 622 comments Chapters 10&11:
(view spoiler)

GridGirl | 622 comments Chapters 12&13:
(view spoiler)

GridGirl | 622 comments Chapters 14&15:
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments GridGirl wrote: "Chapters 12&13:"
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 14 & 15:
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments GridGirl wrote: "Chapters 14&15:"
(view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Chapters 4, 5, 6 and 7 (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Jayme wrote: "GridGirl wrote: "Chapters 4&5:"
Haha, I felt the same about the furniture! I love descriptive detail in books, but sometimes authors should be a little more selective about what they go in depth on..."

Furniture is not the most appealing topic of this book xD I liked how it showed Lisbeth building a home though.

Jayme | 283 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "Jayme wrote: "GridGirl wrote: "Chapters 4&5:""
(view spoiler)

GridGirl | 622 comments Chapters 16&17:
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 16 & 17:
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments GridGirl wrote: "Chapters 16&17:"
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 18 & 19:
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 20, 21, & 22:
(view spoiler)

GridGirl | 622 comments Chapters 18,19, 20 and 21:
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments GridGirl wrote: "Chapters 18,19, 20 and 21:"
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 23, 24, & 25:
(view spoiler)

GridGirl | 622 comments Yes, that was the one I was talking about! See, it's all really confusing. More so than in the first book, I feel...

Chapters 22, 23 and 24:
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments GridGirl wrote: "Yes, that was the one I was talking about! See, it's all really confusing. More so than in the first book, I feel..."
(view spoiler)

Jayme | 283 comments Chapters 26 & 27:
(view spoiler)

GridGirl | 622 comments Jayme wrote: "GridGirl wrote: "Yes, that was the one I was talking about! See, it's all really confusing. More so than in the first book, I feel..."
I'm honestly so confused about almost everything that's been h..."

(view spoiler)

GridGirl | 622 comments Chapters 25, 26 and 27:
(view spoiler)

« previous 1