What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > heartbroken heroine trying to heal.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hana (new)

Hana | 6 comments hi guise!

looking for some romance (everything goes but paranormal) where the heroine is heartbroken and dumped or cheated on by her previous lover and has trust issues and is trying to heal and THEEEEN she meets the Hero! :D & Hero helps her heal and she falls in love all over again and they have the usual HEA.

so if anyone knows a book with a plot similar to that, please let me know.
thank you.

message 2: by Teri-K (new)

Teri-K | 301 comments These are historical fiction, and might suit you: Yesteryear
Simply Love
His Secondhand Wife

I also know a couple where the husband has to win back his wife's love for one reason or another, but that might not be what you want.

message 3: by Hana (new)

Hana | 6 comments thank you so much, Teri-k!

& please, feel free to recommend those where the husband has to win his wife's love back - i'm totally interested in those, too!

message 5: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 191 comments I think you'd really like The Sweet Gum Tree. The main character Alix loves her best friend growing up. Circumstance makes him leave town and she feels betrayed. Many years later he returns to town. So much happens that I don't want to give away but its an amazing read.

message 6: by ImaBookaddict (new)

ImaBookaddict | 170 comments Anymore??? Not original poster, but looking for similar. Currently reading mostly contemporary, but any genre welcome. Thanks.

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1531 comments I Heart New York might be in your wheelhouse.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 9: by Ann (last edited Dec 29, 2020 11:56AM) (new)

Ann | 530 comments Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas

message 10: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Moore (llamalluv) | 97 comments The Two Lives Of Lydia Bird

or the sequel to The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez: The Happily Ever After Playlist

message 12: by Imogen (last edited Dec 29, 2020 03:38PM) (new)

Imogen (birosmudged) | 28 comments I think you'd like Why We Broke Up, it's as the original post described but a little more subtle about the new-guy-helps-her-heal part (although it is there).

Everything Leads to You is also good on the heartbroken protag / new love interest front (although this one is a lesbian version, so may not be exactly what you're looking for).