Girls Only Book Club discussion

Fun Chat! > Junior High Memories

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Spencer (kristinnspencer) | 25 comments Hey ladies :) I am finished plotting my first book in a series about navigating Junior High as a Christian. I have included a lot of what I personally struggled with, but was wondering if you all would be willing to share some struggles and stories to inspire Olive's story.

What were the main struggles you had as young, teenage girl?

Was it easy for you to share these difficult struggles with your parents?

How did you deal with drama and gossip?

❄Elsa Frost❄ (elsafrost) Hi Kristin,

First of all, congratulations with your writing! And I hope to be able to pick up your book once it becomes available for purchase! :)

Also, would you mind if I send you my responses through PM? I'd prefer a private setting to send my responses through.

Have a wonderful day, and God bless you and your writings!

message 3: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Spencer (kristinnspencer) | 25 comments Elsa, yes of course, you can PM me :) I have it set for anyone to be able to. Thank you for for your congratulations, I am really excited about this series. It has been on my heart for a while.

message 4: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Hey Kristen,
I would say being ignored.I mean,I still am. I hardly have any friends. Many say they are my friends but they never talk.
I am not a super close girl to my parents so I kinda just stayed to myself. I talked about a few things but I always felt awkward about it.
I am fine with drama and gossip. Except I hate it when it is about me. But I usually just ignored it.

message 5: by Kitty (new)

Kitty *Half Cat, Half Human* (lifesacarousal) | 95 comments Oh boy! Prepare yourselves ladies, this could get long.

In junior high, my biggest struggle was fitting in. There weren't a ton of Asians at my school for some reason, and EVERYONE made fun of me. I wanted to fit in so badly. I began to hate my looks. Even though now I know better, sometimes when I look in the mirror I just don't feel good about myself.
Another struggle was friends. I didn't have the greatest friends in the world. They used to do what they referred to as "friendly teasing." They would say stuff like, "Wow, you're super pale. I bet Jack Frost loves you. Just kidding!" Or something like that.
Yet another struggle, was bullying. I touched on that lightly with the friends issue. You know that saying, *Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me."? Well, there's another saying that is similar. It goes, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words may kill me." that's all I have to say about this subject.
ANOTHER struggle, was gossiping. It was very hurting to hear all the rumors that swam around about me. But, my mum told me this one time and stayed with me. She told me, "Kitty Kat, rumors are OPINIONS. People who spread them around are self absorbed ((bad word)) who have nothing better to do."
Last struggle was cyber bullying. It was rather new when I was in junior high but it was still there. It crushes people to their very core. I was cyber bullied for a little bit till I showed my mum and she threw my phone into the blender. Asian parents. I never had another phone. I'm lucky I got this computer. :-P

That's about it. I hope I helped!

message 6: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Spencer (kristinnspencer) | 25 comments This does help, these are all things I talked about in the book. Thank you for sharing. If you would be willing to be a beta reader, let me know :) kristin.n.spencer@gmail.com

message 7: by Kitty (new)

Kitty *Half Cat, Half Human* (lifesacarousal) | 95 comments Your welcome! I'm glad to be of service.
I am writing about my experiences actually. I don't hope to be published, but I would be very happy if you read it. I need feedback. :)
link: my link text

message 8: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) That does help!