The Challenge Factory discussion

Guns n' Boys: Book 1, Part 1 (Guns n' Boys, #1)
This topic is about Guns n' Boys
2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Ezi & ~Melissa~ Guns n Boys: Book 1 Part 1

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Guns n Boys: Book 1 Part 1 - K A Merikan

--- Love is sour like a Sicilian lemon. ---

The Family is always right.
The Family doesn’t forget.
The Family pays for blood in blood.

Domenico Acerbi grew up in the shade of Sicilian lemon trees ready to give his life for the Family. Ready to follow orders and exceed expectations. A proud man of honor.
When Seth, the younger son of the Don is kidnapped, it’s Domenico who is sent to get him back. The man he finds though, is not the boy he knew all those years ago. Lazy, annoying, spoiled, and as hot as a Sicilian summer.

Seth Villani wants nothing to do with the mafia. Unfortunately, he doesn’t get a say when the Family pulls him right back into its fold after his mother’s death. Thrown into a den of serpents otherwise known as the Villani Family, Seth has to find a way to navigate in the maze of lies. But when Domenico Acerbi, the most vicious snake of them all, sinks his fangs into Seth, the venom changes into an aphrodisiac that courses through Seth’s veins.

Domenico knows his life is about to change when he gets the order to train Seth up to the role of future Don. Seth isn’t made for it. He isn’t even made. But a man Domenico knows he would never have to fear might just be someone he’s always needed.

If Seth is doomed to follow in his father's footsteps, he might as well enjoy himself—with the most intoxicating man he’s ever met. Maybe he can even fool himself into believing that Domenico isn’t a handsome sociopath who kills for a living.

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments I'm going to start this in the next couple of days :)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments I started this tonight. I'm tired though, lol
I'll put in an update tomorrow :)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments I've made it into the beginning of Chapter 6.

Impressions so far - I don't really feel like we get a good idea of what Seth is like or if we do - not liking him - way too whiny about everything - I can see certain things to be upset about but it's like constant. Seems to be the pampered Mamma's boy. We don't get a sense at all of what his life in America was like or what he was studying/doing etc. Everything really seems to be more centered on the Family and Dom.
Domenico - hot guy in control of himself who really doesn't give a f@ck what others think of him. wait for after funeral to read this spoiler (view spoiler) Even though he's hot - he can be a total prick.

Seth's Father (can't remember his name) - I have no clue why he did what he did -makes no sense - I think he has a screw loose...

Seth's brother Vincent - I think he's gonna be a problem.

Spoilers til you get to Chap 6 (view spoiler)

message 5: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16240 comments Mod
wow! No september, eh?

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments I won it and have to have my review up by the end of August - don't worry about fitting it in this month if you can't with trying to make points for Grimm :)

Quite honestly - both of the MC's currently are irritating the crap out of me....

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments read spoiler after chapter 6 (view spoiler)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Ok - I finished it. I started liking the characters better as the book went along. Spoilers go from chapter 7 to end of book and are sort of just ramblings

(view spoiler)

message 9: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16240 comments Mod
I'm scared to start

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "I'm scared to start"

LOL - just do it - I promise you'll be ok. You may have some urges to yell or throw stuff though :D

Hope all is awesome in Jamaica!!