Emily March Fans discussion

Nightingale Way (Eternity Springs, #5)
This topic is about Nightingale Way
#5 Archive: Nightingale Way > What's your favorite scene so far? (Or your favorite scene if you've finished?)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Paula Radell (lady_lovesbooks) | 2103 comments Mod
Readers! What is your favorite scene so far - or, if you've finished Nightingale Way, what scene stands out to you the most ... and WHY? I'm going to have to think about this one myself.

Lola  | 1001 comments I loved the ending, so romantic !

message 3: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola wrote: "I loved the ending, so romantic !" Jack really surprised me with that spectacular romantic gesture. He raised the bar for every guy in town.

I think, as painful as it was, to see Jack finally open up about Lauren, and to see them finally able to grieve together, really touched my soul. It showed a side of Jack that I was desperate to see and desperate for him to share. Made him my favorite hero so far, even though every single story has been simply beautiful, and every character has brought Eternity Springs life in a completely different way.

Chelsea Klepfer (chelseaklepfer) | 94 comments Paula wrote: "Lola wrote: "I loved the ending, so romantic !" Jack really surprised me with that spectacular romantic gesture. He raised the bar for every guy in town.

I think, as painful as it was, to see Jac..."

Yeah, I think I have to agree with you Paula. I loved that scene as well as was anxious to get to it while re-reading this book. I also loved the scene with Cat and her dad where he explains her mother's motives and how she truly does love Cat in her own way. My own father was distant at times during my childhood, especially when I was in high school, so it was nice to read this and realize that even though he didn't say it aloud very often, he did love me just like Cat's mother loved her.

message 5: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chelsea wrote: "Paula wrote: "Lola wrote: "I loved the ending, so romantic !" Jack really surprised me with that spectacular romantic gesture. He raised the bar for every guy in town.

I think, as painful as it w..."
You make a great observation, Chelsea. My father's generation was not about displays of emotion in person. My dad was the strong, silent type with a deep voice that could strike fear in the hearts of potential boyfriends - and me. But when he was overseas, he wrote me the most beautiful heartfelt letters, and back in the day, he even made reel-to-reel tapes that he sent home during his long deployments. We rarely said anything about love, but he showed it through his fierce devotion to keeping me "safe" in his own way - and like me, he found it easiest to express himself in writing rather than in person. As I've grown older, being able to go back and read his letters keeps him very much alive in my heart.

message 6: by Kay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments You ladies have picked the two scenes that touched me the most in the book. Loved the scene between Cat and Her Dad and when Jack opened up to Cat.

Lola  | 1001 comments My Dad was my first love, like most little girls. He was Cary Grant Handsome , I was the fourth daughter, then two brothers. My best memory from when I was little is him carrying me to bed and he always said "No matter where you go or what you do remember your Daddy loves you." Talk about making a child feel loved and safe. Brings me to tears even now, been a long time since anyone could pick me up. I sure miss him! He taught me about gardening and we shared a love for Football.

message 8: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola wrote: "My Dad was my first love, like most little girls. He was Cary Grant Handsome , I was the fourth daughter, then two brothers. My best memory from when I was little is him carrying me to bed and he a..."
What a lovely story, Lola. There are two similar memories that I will always be grateful for. One was when I was diagnosed as a child with a serious illness. Dad was overseas on a long deployment. The Red Cross flew him home, and he surprised me by walking into my hospital room with an arm full of daffodils - which to this day remain my very favorite flower.

The other is from shortly before he passed away. I had gone with him to one of his radiation treatments, and he had become so frail as a result of his cancer that he could no longer walk all the way to the car - so I stayed with dad while mom went to bring the car around. He looked down at a robin hopping around on the lawn, and said, "Funny. I never noticed birds before." I choked up then, and resolved to take a lesson from that that I'd carry with me the rest of my life. I'd noticed birds, but didn't STOP to appreciate them. Now -- I adore them. And I owe that to him. Just typing that story makes me cry, every single time. But it speaks to the power of one moment in time.

Chelsea Klepfer (chelseaklepfer) | 94 comments Paula wrote: "Lola wrote: "My Dad was my first love, like most little girls. He was Cary Grant Handsome , I was the fourth daughter, then two brothers. My best memory from when I was little is him carrying me t..."

Beautiful story, Paula. Birds are special to me as well. They remind me of my late grandmother who was an avid birder and who always made us stop to look at the birds we took for granted. Every time I see a cardinal or a goldfinch or a hummingbird I feel like she's right there with me.

Rachel Brand Paula wrote: "Lola wrote: "I loved the ending, so romantic !" Jack really surprised me with that spectacular romantic gesture. He raised the bar for every guy in town.

I think, as painful as it was, to see Jac..."

I'm so close to finishing this book, but I think this has to be my favourite scene as well. I was so happy when he finally asked Cat to talk about the day she lost the baby. It was heart-wrenching but beautiful to see them finally connect and discuss their daughter.

message 11: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

It's one of those scenes that is painfully necessary and so much part of healing them both. I used to facilitate a pregnancy loss support group, and, although it was long ago, I remember some of the couples very well. Being able to face it together was the difference between those who healed and those who continued to struggle, or dropped out entirely. And, later in my career, I learned something else that has stayed with me to this day. I was the health care director in a retirement community, and as part of my job I interviewed all the new residents. I'd ask them about family, children...important things in their lives. To the LAST resident, the women who'd had stillbirths or miscarriages remembered every detail of their experience, and they still hurt - more than 60 years after. In their day, pregnancy loss was something you were expected to just "get over" in a week or two because it 'wasn't meant to be'. Those women were cheated out of the grieving process, and I found myself counseling again. It still amazes and moves me.

message 12: by Lesley (new) - added it

Lesley | 669 comments Paula wrote: "It's one of those scenes that is painfully necessary and so much part of healing them both. I used to facilitate a pregnancy loss support group, and, although it was long ago, I remember some of th..."
A lot has changed in Western culture in this respect & we are very lucky that the facility of counselling is available for those who want to use it, for whatever reason, but there are still so many people who will not use it, particularly men, some of whom find it difficult to express their feelings at the best of times.