readers advisory for all discussion

lists > Simply Good Books

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carson (new)

Carson (givemetimeandacrayon) | 58 comments Exactly what the topic says. I put this under lists because this could be lengthy. What are books that you think everyone should know about? They can be under appreciated, barely heard of, misunderstood, anything you want. No rules, no boundaries. Just acceptance of literary love.

Here's my first addition to the topic. I typically respond to those who share their stories. My addition: Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen.

message 2: by karen, future RA queen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) | 1315 comments Mod
ooooh, another good topic! i actually just made a list for this for this site i freelance for. i think i should probably wait until it is posted there before i replicate it here, but REMIND ME and i will post it asap.

message 3: by Carson (new)

Carson (givemetimeandacrayon) | 58 comments karen wrote: "ooooh, another good topic! i actually just made a list for this for this site i freelance for. i think i should probably wait until it is posted there before i replicate it here, but REMIND ME and ..."

Can do.

message 4: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas (authormaze) | 6 comments Financial Guidance.... EXIT: How to Leave Debt Forever

message 5: by Carson (new)

Carson (givemetimeandacrayon) | 58 comments Can't say that's what would be on my bookshelf, but reading impacting your life is an honor bestowed upon those who let it. Thanks for sharing your book.

message 6: by Hester (new)

Hester (hesterprine) | 23 comments The Disaster Artist: My Life Inside The Room, the Greatest Bad Movie Ever Made is a must for anyone who's ever seen The Room or heard of The Room or just enjoys comedy.

message 7: by Carson (new)

Carson (givemetimeandacrayon) | 58 comments Hester wrote: "The Disaster Artist: My Life Inside The Room, the Greatest Bad Movie Ever Made is a must for anyone who's ever seen The Room or heard of The Room or just enjoys comedy."

Always love behind the scenes or making of type books. Thanks for sharing.

message 8: by Carson (new)

Carson (givemetimeandacrayon) | 58 comments Other additions from myself: Bad Girls: Sirens, Jezebels, Murderesses, and Other Female Villains, The Most Evil Women in History, Doomed Queens: Royal Women Who Met Bad Ends, From Cleopatra to Princess Di.
Well-written and you learn something new about the views of the women in history. See also: Lives of Extraordinary Women: Rulers, Rebels. Although the latter is technically a children's book, it is wonderful.

message 9: by Carson (new)

Carson (givemetimeandacrayon) | 58 comments Carson wrote: "Other additions from myself: Bad Girls: Sirens, Jezebels, Murderesses, and Other Female Villains, The Most Evil Women in History, [book:Doomed Queens: Royal Women Who ..."

There is another book I meant to add that's funny like Bad Girls and Doomed Queens. About Royal Scandals. Will post later.

message 11: by shanghao (last edited Aug 23, 2015 01:44AM) (new)

shanghao (sanshow) | 15 comments Life Style by Bruce Mau. Most people would probably shelf it under design,but this is more about moulding life towards a richer perspective in living, and applying the concept of better design in all aspects of life so as to improve it.

message 12: by Anne (new)

Anne | 2 comments Chasing the Scream: The First and Last Days of the War on Drugs by Johann Hari. Covers the contemporary drug war in the US and in parts of the world. Well-told stories. Humanizing. Thought-provoking.

message 13: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (notemily) | 24 comments If y'all like interesting and readable non-fiction, as it seems from this thread that you do, check out A Short History of Nearly Everything, or anything by Bill Bryson really.

message 14: by Carson (new)

Carson (givemetimeandacrayon) | 58 comments Sophie wrote: "If y'all like interesting and readable non-fiction, as it seems from this thread that you do, check out A Short History of Nearly Everything, or anything by Bill Bryson really."

I couldn't agree more. Bill Bryson is hysterical and some readers have never heard of him.

message 15: by Carson (new)

Carson (givemetimeandacrayon) | 58 comments karen wrote: "ooooh, another good topic! i actually just made a list for this for this site i freelance for. i think i should probably wait until it is posted there before i replicate it here, but REMIND ME and ..."

Reminding you... :)

message 16: by karen, future RA queen (new)

thank you!! it still hasn't posted there yet - but it's good to have reminders!

message 17: by Carson (new)

Carson (givemetimeandacrayon) | 58 comments karen wrote: "thank you!! it still hasn't posted there yet - but it's good to have reminders!"

Okay, thanks for the update! I just thought a week might have been enough time for it to have come out. Awaiting wisdom...

message 18: by karen, future RA queen (new)

you would think so...

message 19: by Carson (new)

Carson (givemetimeandacrayon) | 58 comments karen wrote: "you would think so..."

I would imagine publishers are pushing things forward, not back. Note imagine.