The Mary Sue Books and More Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Nominations & Polls > September Book Thread

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Zampedri | 152 comments Sorry that it has taken so long for this. I know that many of you were wondering when the next book discussion would be. A few rad ladies and I have decided we would like to continue on with the book club this month and that since there hasn't been a discussion board to bounce ideas for themes, this month will just be a favorite book you'd think we would all enjoy type of deal.

We've got a couple ideas out, but I wanna know... what book would you like us to read next?

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Fajita Pita (anitafajitapitareada) Since there isn't a theme I'll throw out Through the Woods by Emily Carroll because it's the first on my long TBR list.
Also, can someone tell me how to link to a book from android phone, or do I need to be on a PC to do that?

message 3: by Louise (new)

Louise I'm going to throw in The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin for similar reasons.

(I don't know if it shows up on the android, but on my phone there's an 'add book/author' link above the textbox when I use the goodreads website directly but not on the app version. Might be you have to use the main website.)

message 4: by Stacy (new)

Stacy The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms is also on my TBR list, all ready to go on my Kindle, so I second that motion!

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie Cunningham (kcunning) | 19 comments A Tale for the Time Being

Like everyone else, this is a book from my to read list. The others mentioned already sound good, too!

message 6: by Brittany (last edited Aug 21, 2015 04:26PM) (new)

Brittany Allyn (soyxunxperdedor) I suggest Adaptation . It's YA Scifi, it has great representation, the main character is bisexual, and there are several queer characters and characters of color, plus it's very good in general.

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Zampedri | 152 comments Is everyone okay with having the poll the first week of September? That will give us one more week to add suggestions and then we can announce the next book after Labor Day, and decide from there how long to make this book last and things like that.

If anyone else has any better ideas or anything to add, please let me know!

message 8: by Louise (last edited Aug 22, 2015 03:48PM) (new)

Louise That sounds a good plan to me. Though I did have to google labour day - 7th September this year, right? (Don't think we have anything very similar over here in UK)

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Zampedri | 152 comments sorry, I didn't think about labor day being only an American holiday! yes it's September 7th so sometime between the 6th and 7th is when we will announce the newest book.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Zampedri | 152 comments I'll keep submissions open to Friday or Saturday and try to have the poll up on Sunday. Any last suggestions?

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara | 46 comments Some from my to-read list:
Shadowshaper (new book, so may be tough for libraries)
The Three-Body Problem
Karen Memory

message 12: by Katie (new)

Katie Cunningham (kcunning) | 19 comments I've heard SO MANY people rave about The Three Body Problem!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.