What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels, #1)
This topic is about Daughter of the Blood
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romance? A (young?) woman escapes somewhere where she was being experimented on (?) in wintertime and finds safety in dangerous compound [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali | 3 comments Talk about vague. Sorry guys. This is the best I can remember.

A young woman escapes from being held captive from somewhere really bad in winter and uses trains to get away. She's not well equipped for winter. Ends up stumbling into a compound were the people are some how different from the general populous but they are trying to become more integrated into society. There are days that the outside public can come into the compound to shop. But it's dangerous for them but that's part of the thrill. It's a romance but the girl is really unsocialized and the male lead has to take his time and hold back.

Gah. Lol This is so frustrating. I _thought_ it might have been in Lora Leigh's breed series because I vaaaaguely recall that the people in the compound were Breeds or there was Breed Law involved or that the compound was called Sanctuary, but I also vaaaaguely recall that it was 30 years after these people came out to the general public, but they each have their own areas. I don't think the Breed series has gotten that far yet (so far it seems only like 12-15 years in).

If you're unfamiliar with the breeds / breed law:

Breeds = Genetically spliced humans with animals created by the genetic council all around the world to be killers but they escape and go public and thus are given places to live

Breed Law = When they went public they were able to set terms where they are able to be autonomous for a certain length of time (I think 50 years?) so they are able to self govern but the rules can be quite strict.

This has been bothering me for _weeks_, guys. So any help / clues you can give would be awesome.

message 2: by Daffodil (new) - added it

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 121 comments Pretty sure this is Anne Bishop's Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop

message 3: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali | 3 comments I think you might be right. I'm waiting for it on hold from my library's ebook collection to confirm that. Anyone know of another similar series? lol, love me some PNR. :)

message 4: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 152 comments I was just opening this to post the same suggestion, so consider this a second.

Adele | 1213 comments Daffodil and Krazykiwi are right about the book.

Anne Bishop has a few other series. Her Black Jewels series is my favorite of her others. This is the first in that series: Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels #1) by Anne Bishop

message 6: by Ali (last edited Aug 21, 2015 12:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali | 3 comments Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your help. That is exactly the series I was looking for. :-D I can't believe I forgot about it. I looooove Anne Bishop.

Now to figure out how to move this post to clear up space for someone else... lol.

Ali