2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

2016 Challenge Suggestions > 6th Mini-Poll Results

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura, Mod (new)

Laura | 599 comments Mod
The 6th mini-poll contained some great suggestions but here is the list of the top 4:

1. A book about books
2. A crime story
3. A book with one of the five Ws -or H in the title (Who/What/Where/When/Why/How)
4. A book about a thing that goes bump in the night (i.e. vampires, monsters, etc.)

We have a really awesome list developing and I am really looking forward to next year's challenge!

The topic for the seventh round of a suggestions will open today.

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (gamerkiti) Well, I'm excited about things that go bump in the night. And I can't complain about crime stories since that is basically my degree haha. the other two are ok...I'm going to have to really try to find a book that interests me that's about books lol

message 3: by Laura, Mod (new)

Laura | 599 comments Mod
I think that one may take some searching for me too. The only one that comes to mind is The Book Thief but I'm sure there are some others once I break down and start forming my list :p

message 4: by Manda (new)

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 307 comments If you haven't read it yet, The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry is a good book about books.

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (gamerkiti) I guess I could always read The Pagemaster haha.

message 6: by Laura, Mod (new)

Laura | 599 comments Mod
I think I've seen that one around but I haven't read it yet. Thanks for reminding me of it!

message 7: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (gamerkiti) I always loved the Disney movie :P I'm such a little kid at heart haha

message 8: by Carol (new)

Carol There's also the Inkheart series :)

message 9: by Joann (new)

Joann I have quite a few books about books on my TBR list, so I'm sure if you look you'll find there are more than you expect.

message 10: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 391 comments I'm loving this selection! 2 of them were in my top 4 and the other 2 were still in my top 10 so I'm happy with all of these topics! Next years challenge already looks like it's going to be great!

message 11: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 391 comments Brittany wrote: "I always loved the Disney movie :P I'm such a little kid at heart haha"

The movie was always one of my favourites! I absolutely loved Horror, Fantasy, and Adventure (the characters, although I like the genres too). Hyde used to scare me, though.

message 12: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Yey, 2 I was very interested in made the list! I'm happy to see the paranormal one, we know what we'll read for Halloween!

For the book about books, I suppose there are lists somewhere, so it won't be too much difficult to find what to read :)

message 13: by Silvia (last edited Aug 18, 2015 09:26AM) (new)

Silvia Turcios | 304 comments I found this one
https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/...
I am already interested in some of them :)

message 14: by Laura, Mod (new)

Laura | 599 comments Mod
Thanks for the list! There's a few already on my TBR which is great.

message 15: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 48 comments try The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett for a book about books

message 16: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) I'm glad you liked my suggestion of a book about books! Goodreads even has a page dedicated to that : https://www.goodreads.com/genres/book...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Book Thief (other topics)
The Uncommon Reader (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Alan Bennett (other topics)