Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Workshop No New Posts > Cover Feedback - Contemporary Romance

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josie (last edited Aug 18, 2015 07:12AM) (new)

Josie (josiekerr) Hi There! I'm preparing to publish my first novel and would like some feedback from people that don't me.

Quickie synopsis: Neighbors to lovers, forty-something-style.

cover 1:

cover 2:

Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Esther (new)

Esther Dalseno (Esther_Dalseno) Hi Josie, I think both are great, but I believe the second cover gives a better general impression of what your book may be about. The first cover really could represent a book about a range of things.

message 3: by Jack (new)

Jack (jackjuly) I like #2 better. Good luck.

message 4: by Drea (new)

Drea James (DreaStJames) | 1 comments Love the title! Have to agree with Esther and Jack, #2 is a winner :-)

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele Clack | 10 comments I prefer 2 as well. Best of luck.

message 6: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments I prefer two as well. One doesn't say romance.

message 7: by M.L. (new)

M.L. Carr | 4 comments I have to go with #2 also. Best of luck with your book.

message 8: by Josie (new)

Josie (josiekerr) Thanks for the quick feedback, y'all.

message 9: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Seems unanimous already, but I'll throw in for #2 as well.

message 10: by G.K. (new)

G.K. DeRosa | 8 comments Yes agreed #2!

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Emme (Lisa_Emme) | 212 comments Late to the party, but I'll throw my two cents in. I agree, #2 is the winner. I always prefer when the book leaves what the main characters look like to my own imagination.

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Emme (Lisa_Emme) | 212 comments I also have a question. How did you get those pictures there so we could see them? I was wanting to post my cover concepts back when I was still trying to finalize them to get some critiques but I couldn't figure out how to post the different pictures.

message 13: by Ken (last edited Sep 07, 2015 08:04AM) (new)

Ken Doggett (kendoggett) If your covers are posted online, right click over the picture for a menu and scroll down to "inspect element." Left click on that. To the right you'll see a list of code with part of it shaded. Right click on the shaded part, click "copy," and that puts the picture in your mouse. In your comments here you right click for the menu, and left click on "paste."

message 14: by Josie (new)

Josie (josiekerr) Lisa wrote: "I also have a question. How did you get those pictures there so we could see them? I was wanting to post my cover concepts back when I was still trying to finalize them to get some critiques but ..."

Yes, I have them up on the space that where my blog is hosted and I just linked to the image. The image is actually larger, but I used some HTML for sizing.

message 15: by Josie (new)

Josie (josiekerr) And I want to say thanks for everybody's feedback about the covers!

message 16: by Joselyn (new)

Joselyn  Moreno Burke (joselynraquel) | 41 comments from Josie to Josie XD

I like the second one best really looks more romantic