Sarah J Maas Buddy Read discussion

QoS Buddy Read > Ch. 6-10

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ifrah (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Only comment on content up to Chapter 10, please!

Spoilers below for up to Chapter 10.

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lauren_stephh) | 9 comments I know it's early to post, but I read the QOS sample that iBooks put out..

Chaol and Aelin seeing each other again was even harder to read than I thought :(

"..her heart was healed - still fractured in spots, but healed - and he... he was not in it. Not as he'd once been."

message 3: by Ifrah (last edited Aug 18, 2015 03:09PM) (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Oh Wyrd! The Feels!

When I finally get this book, I'm going to have to hole myself up in some corner to read it I think. With tissues and blankets and ice cream as safety measures. D:

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Xxan | 7 comments AHHH to be honest, I expected the Aelin/Chaol reunion to go...differently? than it went in the book. I don't agree with the people who say that Chaol and Aelin were OOC, but I guess, in my mind, I expected Chaol to be...kinder? Because at the end of HoF, I thought that Chaol had accepted Aelin, but I guess that he had accepted the idea of her, but when they actually were reunited, feelings returned, and things got out of hand??
I don't want to believe that Chaol truly means what he said to Aelin, because I don't want to believe that Chaol would be that...rude...to her?
LOL, I was secretly happy when Aelin said that @Lauren because my brain was screaming YES ROWAELIN YES. But yes, it was difficult to read, and despite my slight anger at Chaol in chapter 7, it was still heartbreaking.
And I literally need tissues and a face mask, because I don't wan't to cry in public, and I don't want to start laughing or shouting at QoS in public either. Because I will start reading it as soon as I get it, and it will be on the train. LOL

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lauren_stephh) | 9 comments Michelle wrote: "AHHH to be honest, I expected the Aelin/Chaol reunion to go...differently? than it went in the book. I don't agree with the people who say that Chaol and Aelin were OOC, but I guess, in my mind, I ..."

Same Michelle!
I thought they would both see the severity of the situation and maybe sense Dorian was in trouble.. Maybe just be accepting and good friends to each other to get stuff done.
I'm giving Chaol another chance to play nice haha.
I don't know how I feel about Rowaelin, I haven't got used to that idea yet. They're relationship was so beautiful and platonic. I'll cry.
If you start reading it on the train, maybe wear a massive balaclava or something so no one can see the tears haha

message 6: by Ifrah (last edited Aug 20, 2015 09:14AM) (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Lauren wrote: "Michelle wrote: "AHHH to be honest, I expected the Aelin/Chaol reunion to go...differently? than it went in the book. I don't agree with the people who say that Chaol and Aelin were OOC, but I gues..."

As a huge Chaolin shipper, I was a little wary going into Chapter 7 because of what other people had been saying about them being OOC. After reading the chapter though, I didn't find this to be true at all. The whole chapter was filled with heart breaking moments but in all honesty I think I would have been more upset if they just immediately went back to the way things were before. I didn't really think Chaol was being mean or rude I just felt like they both had changed considerably in the last six months (or however long it was) and Aelin still cares about Chaol but not in the same way and Chaol also cares about Aelin but he also has other things on his mind and he understands that Aelin might not feel the same way anymore. I think this kind of becomes obvious to him when he notices that she's not wearing the ring anymore. At this point, they're both very different as characters from that point in CoM when they were together.

IDK. Just my perspective on chapter 7. As a Chaolin shipper, I'm heart broken but at the same time I'm totally okay with the way things are going so far. I never expected it to be easy for them to be in a relationship again and if they were it wouldn't necessarily be the same relationship as before.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lauren_stephh) | 9 comments Ifrah wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Michelle wrote: "AHHH to be honest, I expected the Aelin/Chaol reunion to go...differently? than it went in the book. I don't agree with the people who say that Chaol and Aelin were ..."

I think you're 100% right.
That early spoiler review kind of messed everyone up and got everyone in a panic. But by the looks of the first 7 chapters, I feel like SJM knows exactly what she's doing, and each character will progress and evolve in exactly the way that we'd expect them to.
That scene with Chaol and Aelin made me realise that the character change and development is definitely something to be super excited for.

message 8: by Ifrah (last edited Aug 20, 2015 11:11AM) (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Lauren wrote: "Ifrah wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Michelle wrote: "AHHH to be honest, I expected the Aelin/Chaol reunion to go...differently? than it went in the book. I don't agree with the people who say that Chaol a..."

The spoiler review plus some people's reactions to it definitely threw everyone off. So many people were talking about the OOC-ness and how the story was all shit now or whatever and for whatever ridiculous reason I was imaging this reunion scene to be written as if I'd written it which would have truly been terrible -.-

You're right, SJM knows exactly what she's doing and I don't doubt her for one second. And the way she's developed the characters already has made the story that much more exciting so I'm excited to see what all she's got in store for us.

Also, reading the seven chapter preview has relieved me of any worries I had as a result of the spoiler review and the extremely vocal reactions by some that followed it. If I happen to see another similar reaction, it's not going to bother me one bit.

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lauren_stephh) | 9 comments I actually have new found respect for Lysandra. I'd never even stopped to think about how she became the way she was.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Xxan | 7 comments Lauren wrote: "I actually have new found respect for Lysandra. I'd never even stopped to think about how she became the way she was."
I'm in love with Lysandra right now.

message 11: by Ifrah (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments That moment when Aelin is us while reading HoF:
"It took considerable effort to keep from shaking the captain to demand how he could have been so reckless and stupid and taken so long to act."

Chapter 7 is killing me! He sold the ring! D:

I thought Aelin had a long list of titles but I think Manon has her beat. lol

Kaltain has a collar not a ring. But the collars are for Valg Princes (or maybe there are princesses) and the Valg Prince (princesses) can only live in bodies of people with magic so does that mean that Kaltain has magic?

Perrington has it coming for him. He picked the wrong witch to mess with.

OMG! Arobynn sent her the suit from TAB!!!

So Lysandra is full of surprises! Wow!

And the Dorian and Aedion chapters are so painful to read! I want them both to be saved!

And I don't think the King knows that Celaena is Aelin/ Aelin is Celaena....

message 12: by Sascha (new)

Sascha | 14 comments My Chaolaena heart definitely broke into 8 million pieces!! They both were really bugging me! Chaol said things I know he didn't mean and that made me pissed off and Aelin saying awful things to Chaol like how he ran away and Dorian couldn't be saved!!

message 13: by Sascha (new)

Sascha | 14 comments OH and Lysandra wow!! Was not expecting that!! I can wait to see how her character develops further!!