Sarah J Maas Buddy Read discussion

QoS Buddy Read > Ch. 1-5

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ifrah (last edited Aug 17, 2015 07:13PM) (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Only comment on the content in Chapters 1-5, please!

Spoilers below for Chapters 1-5.

message 2: by Ifrah (last edited Aug 18, 2015 10:08AM) (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments I wasn't going to read the preview chapters until the book came out but I caved. D:

I think Arobynn know more than he's letting on. And why did he save Aelin that day knowing she was the Princess of Terrassen? I have so many questions about Arobynn and I'm assuming a lot of them are going to get answered in this book.

The Aedion chapter killed me a little. The one thing I really really really want out of QoS is the Aelin-Aedion reunion. I desperately need this rescue mission that Aelin is assumingly going to go on to be successful and I really need them to have their reunion!

Also, the fact that Arobynn tells Aelin to go the the tunnels and when she gets there she finds Chaol's guard indicates that Arobynn known about Celaena and Chaol? But how? Has he been keeping tabs on her while she was in the castle OR does it have something to do with what Chaol was talking to him about?

Last thing, I'm kind of surprised at how quickly this book is moving already. I honestly didn't expect to meet Arobynn till maybe around half way and the fact that we've already met him makes me nervous for what bigger things are to come in the rest of the book. I'm sure it'll be good but I'm not sure I'm prepared to handle the feels.

message 3: by Becca (new)

Becca (princesshavilliard) | 7 comments Ifrah wrote: "I wasn't going to read the preview chapters until the book came out but I caved. D:

I think Arobynn know more than he's letting on. And why did he save Aelin that day knowing she was the Princess ..."

I just couldn't resist either!

I agree with how fast it's moving though - we've met Chaol, Arobynn and a new character (who I presume is going to be important) already and it's only chapter 7 out of what? 89 or something?

Arobynn is scheming I can just tell, but I want to find out exactly what he knows. He's gonna play an important part in this book and I can't wait until Aelin gets her revenge.

Aelin and Chaol's chat that we just missed out on is going to kill me. What will she do when she finds out about Dorian?

And Aedion better hang on in there because his Queen is coming even if it is a trap. As you say, I need that reunion!

Where's my girl, Manon?

This preview is stressing me out already. I don't know if I'm gonna survive the feels of the whole book.

message 4: by Ifrah (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Manon! I'm really curious about what she's up to! And Rowan too!

message 5: by Sascha (new)

Sascha | 14 comments I caved aswell!! I told my self I wasn't going to but I couldn't resist. I really hope we get a Rowan or Manon chapter shortly after!! Aedions little part was heartbreaking!! I'm so excited to read the whole thing!!

message 6: by Ifrah (last edited Aug 18, 2015 10:59PM) (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Sascha wrote: "I caved aswell!! I told my self I wasn't going to but I couldn't resist. I really hope we get a Rowan or Manon chapter shortly after!! Aedions little part was heartbreaking!! I'm so excited to read..."

Haha. It's not easy to resist Sarah's writing apparently. I'll take as much as I can get. XD

Dorian's chapter was also heartbreaking. Aedion's was as well but I think knowing that Aelin is planning on rescuing him gives us a little more hope for Aedion as opposed to Dorian who Aelin doesn't even know about yet and when she does find out she's going to be devastated because the only ways of destroying Valg Princes that she and we know so far is beheading or burning. D:

message 7: by Sascha (new)

Sascha | 14 comments Ifrah wrote: "Sascha wrote: "I caved aswell!! I told my self I wasn't going to but I couldn't resist. I really hope we get a Rowan or Manon chapter shortly after!! Aedions little part was heartbreaking!! I'm so ..."

My poor bb Dorian <33. I just have a question though. I was under the impression that Chaol knew about Dorian and the collar, but now reading the chapters i'm not so sure cause he hasn't mentioned it?

message 8: by Ifrah (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Sascha wrote: "Ifrah wrote: "Sascha wrote: "I caved aswell!! I told my self I wasn't going to but I couldn't resist. I really hope we get a Rowan or Manon chapter shortly after!! Aedions little part was heartbrea..."

I thought so too but I just checked and it looks like the King puts the collar on Dorian after Chaol runs from the room! Which means Chaol probably doesn't know either!

I was totally expecting Aelin to find out through Chaol at some point soon but I guess that's not going to happen.

message 9: by Sascha (new)

Sascha | 14 comments Ifrah wrote: "Sascha wrote: "Ifrah wrote: "Sascha wrote: "I caved aswell!! I told my self I wasn't going to but I couldn't resist. I really hope we get a Rowan or Manon chapter shortly after!! Aedions little par..."

They need to find out ASAP so they can make a plan to save him before those Dorian chapters kill me!!

message 10: by Becca (new)

Becca (princesshavilliard) | 7 comments Sascha wrote: "Ifrah wrote: "Sascha wrote: "Ifrah wrote: "Sascha wrote: "I caved aswell!! I told my self I wasn't going to but I couldn't resist. I really hope we get a Rowan or Manon chapter shortly after!! Aedi..."

Omg I never thought about Chaol not knowing, I just assumed he did! But if he abandoned his position and hasn't been in the castle then how is he supposed to know? I guess they'll find out at his 'birthday party'... Dorian this is me telling you that you have to be okay!

message 11: by Ifrah (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments I feel like Sarah is definitely going to torture us with more Dorian chapters. And even (if and) after Dorian is somehow saved from the collar, his chapters are still going to be tough to read.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Xxan | 7 comments Ifrah wrote: "I feel like Sarah is definitely going to torture us with more Dorian chapters. And even (if and) after Dorian is somehow saved from the collar, his chapters are still going to be tough to read."

I really want some dark Dorian chapters, just because I feel that Dorian's character has so much character development potential.
And I agree that Choal probably doesn't know about Valg!Dorian, he probably just assumes that the King has him locked up in the glass castle.
I'm really looking forward to this birthday execution and I'm really excited to see how Dorian is going to be rescued.

message 13: by Ifrah (new)

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 96 comments Michelle wrote: "Ifrah wrote: "I feel like Sarah is definitely going to torture us with more Dorian chapters. And even (if and) after Dorian is somehow saved from the collar, his chapters are still going to be toug..."

Yes! As painful as that first chapter was, it was also really good. I don't know, maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment. I'm also curious as to how his rescue is going to happen and as of right now I have zero ideas. I don't know how we're getting out of this mess but I have complete hope that we will. And Dorian's transformation after it all is going to be AMAZING!