The Dark Hunter World discussion

Dark Hunter Book Discussion > Ash's real father?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luna (new)

Luna | 9 comments Okay so I wanted to know anybody might have a clue about who's Acheron's father really is. I think you kinda get a glimpse of it in the past books but I want to know what everybody else thought because I really think it's Savitar or at very least he and Apollymi had something going on. What do you guys think?

message 2: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (jzmick) | 3 comments I can't be sure who his father is...but of course I think Sherrilyn has made us think one thing and the truth is something completely different! Savitar and Apollymi totally had something...there had to be something!!
What about the comment about Ash being part charonte??

message 3: by K-Gorgeous (new)

K-Gorgeous | 3 comments I which book does it say that Archon is not Ash's (specify pages too if possible).

Lesley Book Lover  (lesleyds) | 3 comments I have read Acheron twice now, and I am fairly certain that Archon is Acherons biological father. The three fates said Acheron would be the one to bring Archon down, so he wanted him killed, but he was placed in a human queens womb instead.

message 5: by Lulu (new)

Lulu | 3 comments but Acheron is part charonte so Archon can't be his father, I don't remember in which book exactly but it was said that Archon is not his real father
and as for Savitar and Apollimy I think they definitely have something between them but I don't think he is Ash's father

Lesley Book Lover  (lesleyds) | 3 comments Didn't Acheron get his 'part Charonte' from Simi, or her sister, Xirena was it, when he was injured, or as a gift from his Mother Apollomi, I can't remember properly, but I am sure it came from Simi.

message 7: by Luna (new)

Luna | 9 comments Kimichi wrote: "I which book does it say that Archon is not Ash's (specify pages too if possible)."

I'm not sure of the page but it's in Styxx's book

message 8: by Luna (new)

Luna | 9 comments So in Styxx's book Archon pretty much tells another God that there's no way he can be Ash father because he hasn't slept with Apollymi in centuries and the reason I think that it might be Savitar is because in the last book Dragonbane Savitar make a comment to Apollymi that raises some questions I don't want to give any details because I'm not sure who has read it but it is really makes you think plus it's the way the two of them act with each other

Lesley Book Lover  (lesleyds) | 3 comments I am confused now, I might have to read the books again.

message 10: by K-Gorgeous (new)

K-Gorgeous | 3 comments Luna wrote: "So in Styxx's book Archon pretty much tells another God that there's no way he can be Ash father because he hasn't slept with Apollymi in centuries and the reason I think that it might be Savitar i..."

Yes that is a good point! The relationship between Savitar and Apollymi has a lot of secrets and suspicions but STILL there wasn't any particular moment between them that let's me think that he's Ash's father. They do lead me to believe that they might have had a relationship at one point.

message 11: by Monie_11 (last edited Aug 27, 2015 08:54PM) (new)

Monie_11 | 3 comments Lesley Book lover wrote: "Didn't Acheron get his 'part Charonte' from Simi, or her sister, Xirena was it, when he was injured, or as a gift from his Mother Apollomi, I can't remember properly, but I am sure it came from Simi."

I'm pretty much sure it didn't came frome Simi or Xirena. For Acheron to be a part-charonte, his father should be a charonte because his mother is a goddess. I think Savitar is Ash's dad because he seems pretty close with the charonte demons and they backed him up when he rushed in to save Ash from War. And also Ash is one of the few people who he permitted to come and go in his island.

message 12: by Lulu (new)

Lulu | 3 comments but isn't Savitar a Chthonian and shouldn't Chthonians must be humans or something?
I can't remember what the rules of being a Chthonian but I think they were all humans at some point

message 13: by Lulu (last edited Aug 28, 2015 05:40AM) (new)

Lulu | 3 comments I just found this on some wiki site:

"The Chthonians are born mortals or humans, and are never born of a god (with the exception of Acheron, who absorbed Styxx's god-killing powers while in the womb of the Greek Queen Aara"
that means Savitar is not a Charonte I guess

message 14: by Monie_11 (new)

Monie_11 | 3 comments Lulu wrote: "I just found this on some wiki site:

"The Chthonians are born mortals or humans, and are never born of a god (with the exception of Acheron, who absorbed Styxx's god-killing powers while in the wo..."

According to Sherrilyn Kenyon's website, "Some say he was born human while others deny there’s anything human about him at all. He is dangerous and mysterious. Truly he is a being unto himself. More powerful than Zeus, more wise than Solomon, he keeps his own company and prefers it that way."

Even gods are afraid of him. It's still unknown if he's born mortal or something else entirely. Let's just hope Sherrilyn's next book would be about him. Everyone is dying to know about SAVITAR. :)

message 15: by Jais (new)

Jais (jetoftherock) | 3 comments No matter what happens in the next books, I'm still hoping that Savitar is Ash's father. I almost died when we were given that Savitar-Apollymi tidbit in Dragonbane. (Sigh) I just hope that Savitar isn't Apollymi's brother or something like that, gods or no. I just keep hoping that Savitar will have a book and Apollymi will be the heroine in it (Will it mean the end of the DH?). We never know in the SK universe.

message 16: by Linda (new)

Linda (silvermatter) | 1 comments Both Savitar and Acheron are Chthonian. Savitar is the strongest, most powerful. Acheron is a member of the Atlantean pantheon and the last Atlantean (Atlante) Chthonian. Chthonians are creatures from the the earth that flowed red with blood of the gods during their war. Chthonian rose up and dived the world between the gods. His mother Apollymi; father Archon. The three Greek Fates jealous of Apostleos cursed him and every Alantean god demanded the death of the unborn child. Apollymi had Basi place him in the womb of Aara of Didymos. While in the womb he absorbed Styxx's god-killing powers. Apollymi gave Acheron a baby Charonte demon, Simi, after her mother was killed. Simi is bound to Ash's body, The Simi loves and defends her Akri.

message 17: by Roo (new)

Roo L. Brown (rlbrown) | 1 comments Chthonian's are born human, so Ash isn't Chthonian. Styxx is a chthonian, but even before he died, Ash was still technically considered a god. I don't think that Savitar is his father. (Even though both he and Apollymi seem to have a history.) I read on Sherrilyn's fan page that she's hinting about Sav's book. Maybe it'll clear some stuff up. I believe that I read in Acheron's book that Archon was the one to always cheat in the relationship, not Apollymi. (Correct me if I'm wrong. It's been a hot minute since I read it.) I'm convinced that it's either Archon or someone other than Sav.

message 18: by Kristina (last edited Oct 20, 2018 06:46PM) (new)

Kristina Stancil (kstancil13) | 2 comments My mom who has not read a book in the series since Styxx angrily told me Apollo was Ash’s father and said it didn’t matter Ash had a relationship with Artemis or all the torture he did to him he just didn’t know he was Ash father. She said she read it in one of those books.

However (spoiler)

Anyone who has read Stygian knows that Apollo is on the hunt for Ash’s birth father who was originally a Sepiroth similar to Nick.

message 19: by Kristina (new)

Kristina Stancil (kstancil13) | 2 comments Lulu wrote: "but Acheron is part charonte so Archon can't be his father, I don't remember in which book exactly but it was said that Archon is not his real father
and as for Savitar and Apollimy I think they d..."

They said it again in Stygian and mentioned the name Kissare the sepiroth being the only one she loved.

message 20: by Nathan (new)

Nathan | 1 comments In Styxx It clearly states that Archon is not Acherons father. In Stygian (Spoilers) When I read about how Apollymi's only love was Kissare I thought maybe he Reincarnated after dying? I think there was more about Kissare in the Chronicles of Nick but I'll have to reread. Anyway, the wiki and dark-hunter website states acherons father as Unkown so Archon is out of the picture.

Also here is a nice table of Darkhunter family trees https://external-preview.redd.it/dI5s...

message 21: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 1 comments Apollo is not Ash's father because if he was he would have been cursed along with all of Apollo's other children.

They do state that there was a reincarnation of Kissare who she fell in love with around the time she had Ash but remember Ash also had an older brother, that was the son of Apollymi and the original Kissare.

message 22: by Ann (new)

Ann Rincon | 1 comments Nathan wrote: "In Styxx It clearly states that Archon is not Acherons father. In Stygian (Spoilers) When I read about how Apollymi's only love was Kissare I thought maybe he Reincarnated after dying? I think ther..."

Wow! Thanks for sharing that tree!

message 23: by Kat Agrotera (new)

Kat Agrotera (katagrotera) | 2 comments in acheron, apollymi says that acheron father is a GOD of creation

message 24: by Kat Agrotera (new)

Kat Agrotera (katagrotera) | 2 comments Priscilla wrote: "Apollo is not Ash's father because if he was he would have been cursed along with all of Apollo's other children.

They do state that there was a reincarnation of Kissare who she fell in love with ..."

monakribos

message 25: by Niecey (new)

Niecey (nthanna) | 1 comments The reference about Acheron being part Charonte demon is mentioned in the book, One Silent Night, on page 305 (mass market paperback edition 2008).

In the passage, Menyara (a long time friend of Cherise Gautier, who is actually an Egyptian goddess) explains to Nick that he must be taught (to control his demon powers) by someone who has similar powers.

Nick scoffed. "Ash is a god."

"Yes, but before he was a god, he was half human and half
Charonte. Only he has the powers to help you."