2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1)
. Week 41: Magic > Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joann Very interesting story line

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments This was a neat book - I found it really enjoyable.

message 3: by Joy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joy | 40 comments This is the book I read for this week also. I found it enjoyable enough, but not super-stellar. A friend recommended it, and my daughter and I took turns reading it. She has already purchased the next one in the series, so I will probably get to it sometime, since it is here.

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 307 comments I read this a couple of months ago for another challenge, and I think I had my expectations too high, like I forgot this was a work of YA. I loved that Riggs built the story around a bunch of old random photos, but I felt the story it's self lacked depth or anything significant. It's like ordering a risotto at a 5 star restaurant only to learn the head chef doesn't use seasoning.

I have Hallow City on my list for the 2016 challenge, but it's only because I purchased both books together and I might as well read it. Maybe I'll like the second book better than the first.

Silvia Turcios | 304 comments I had also my expectations very high, but I was so disappointed with the reading that I stopped. I am anyway planning to finish it as a part of my challenge in the "a book you didn't finish" category :-P