2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

The Nightingale
This topic is about The Nightingale
. Week 40: Made You Cry > The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joann I just finished this book and would say it's a must read!!! I rarely rate a book with 5 stars, and I would have given it 6!

message 2: by Sophie (new) - added it

Sophie (sawphie) Can you tell me what you particularly like in this book? Maybe I've read too much of books set in WWII, but it they all seem the same...

Shelly Joann wrote: "I just finished this book and would say it's a must read!!! I rarely rate a book with 5 stars, and I would have given it 6!"

Sophie wrote: "Can you tell me what you particularly like in this book? Maybe I've read too much of books set in WWII, but it they all seem the same..."

I also loved this book? Like you, Sophie, I have read my share of books set in WWII, but I really found this one to be more than that. Yes, there is love, courage, and sacrifice---all standard fare in WWII fiction, but the heroic women in this book will move you. The story centers around two sisters who are very different, but who in their own ways are remarkable. In addition, there a beautiful love story here.

Joann I agree with everything Shelley said. The story of the two sisters is really well done.
I haven't read many set in WWII, but this is the best that I have.