Girl Writers and Readers discussion

Archive > Ideas!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Azaria (new)

Azaria Gerardo (bookflix) | 11 comments Okay, so for Nanowrimo this year (National Novel Writing Month, where you write 50,000 words in 30 days), I'd like to write a screenplay. However I have to many ideas and I just CAN'T decide. For ideas that I wished to be novels, I am now considering to be screenplays. And I just can't decide. Here are my ideas:

( Icame up with most of these while talking to my writing buddies so if they seem addressed to someone that's because they were.)

1.-Imagine a world where the government forces you to label yourself, your label is your name, and you can only live with people who have the same label as you, you may be ignorant, a dyke, black, etcetera. The only ones free to be who they are without shame, are the elite. They are wealthy, snobby, and they control themselves. Suicide rates are high in the labeled villages. But that's okay, because the elite and government want to cleanse the world of all scum (the ones labeled). Now imagine what would happen if, the labeled began to fight back? MC, the antagonist, knows, she is an elite, and she wants to kill all who stand in her way of a pure world, this is her story, come watch it. (I only have the idea for this one)

2.-I came up with this space idea yesterday. It's based on fact and stuff so here's the fact; basically this new planet was found, the planet is called Kepler 452b and it's just like a bigger earth, scientists are looking for a way to get there now, but there is a chance that with this particle called antimatter (it costs $100 billion for a milligram of it) we could create a rocket powered on antimatter and get to Kepler in 2000 years. But then here's the trick to it space travel doesn't work coherently with time so; even though it would take 2000 years the people who go on the trip would only age a month. I was thinking about writing a story about this. (I like this idea but I'm not sure if I'll be up to writing it right now, I don't even read science fiction, and I only have the idea)

3-What if when you reached a certain age, scientists could make you be born again?(only have the idea but I think this would make an awesome film/pilot/short film)

4-The Queen (high lady but same thing as queen) of Summer Fae's World is turned upside down when a beautiful man seeks to be apart of her kingdom but was sent to kill her by her mother. What happens when they fall in love and he doesn't kill her?(this was my original novel idea, so I did elaborate a ton on this, I have a full scene outline, chapter by chapter outline and character profiles, the reason I put it down was because I had trouble developing the world. But I think that it'd make an awesome TV show)

5-As the continent of Valarya goes to waste within itself, an abandoned prophecy awakens and may be the key to saving all. (This is my novel idea as of now, this is the story to the creation myth I created. I'm worldbuilding this for a novel right now, but I'm taking it really slow and I feel like I never make time for it right now)

Help!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

All are interesting... I like 1 and 4 the best. It's interesting that for 1, you tell the story from the elite's point of view. Normally it's the other way.
To be honest, i had a bad experience with nanowrimo a few years ago because I just couldn't think of anything and I didn't write for a long time after that! I realised that writing doesn't really come naturally to me :)

message 3: by Azaria (new)

Azaria Gerardo (bookflix) | 11 comments Yes! Thank you for your input, I think I'm going to start outlining #4 as a TV Pilot. I'm definitely going to come back to #1. I see at as a short film every time I close my eyes.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I like IDEA-2!

message 5: by Azbaqiyah (new)

Azbaqiyah I would choose idea 4. I love anything about Fae!