Talk of the Town discussion

The Library at Mount Char
This topic is about The Library at Mount Char

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by PB (new) - rated it 5 stars

PB (darlingdarcy) | 168 comments Mod
If you were a librarian at Mount Char, which/whose catalog would you have liked?

Caele | 32 comments Maybe Jennifer's or Rachel's. I couldn't do David's or Margaret's, but I actually am studying linguistics so I think I could easily do Carolyn's. It would be cool to be able to communicate with all creatures like Michael.

message 3: by PB (new) - rated it 5 stars

Caele wrote: "Maybe Jennifer's or Rachel's. I couldn't do David's or Margaret's, but I actually am studying linguistics so I think I could easily do Carolyn's. It would be cool to be able to communicate with all..."

Hmmm.. yeah, Jennifer's would be neat.
Although my first choice would be Carolyn's. I've always wanted to learn different languages. I wish I didn't have to use subtitles or translated version of classic masterpieces such as Anna Karenina.

That's interesting that you're studying linguistics. I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking, how many languages are you fluent in?

Caele | 32 comments I wouldn't say absolutely fluent, but proficient in Spanish and German. I'm just starting out with Italian.

message 5: by PB (new) - rated it 5 stars

that's really great Caele!

i'm trying to learn Spanish myself and i'm at that stage where i just have to read, write, and talk more Spanish to get used to it and not forget the words and phrases i've learned

Joanie (joaniemaloney) I would love to do Carolyn's! I always say I'll brush up on my French to become fluent and other languages but I keep putting it off. I can't imagine having the build to even be chosen for David's catalog or the mental fortitude to handle Margaret's. Yikes. Those two would be the hardest. I imagine Michael's would be quite the experience as well! I'm a city girl myself so that one may be a feasible challenge but the most challenging. Peter's sounds interesting as well.

message 7: by PB (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joanie wrote: "I would love to do Carolyn's! I always say I'll brush up on my French to become fluent and other languages but I keep putting it off. I can't imagine having the build to even be chosen for David's ..."

:) Yeah, same. Carolyn's catalog just seem to be so exciting but at the same time can come in very handy.

Christie (spookychristie) While I think Carolyn's naturally sounds very interesting and cool, I am actually privy to the 'future seeing' catalog. I don't remember the girl's name (Rachel... perhaps), but I think it would be fantastic to be able to see the future of the world/future animals and things. She was able to go all the way to the heat death of the universe! That would be rad.