The Challenge Factory discussion

2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Stella & Lou ~ Sutphin Boulevard

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Aug 17, 2015 12:24PM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16189 comments Mod
Sutphin Boulevard by Santino Hassell

Blurb:
Michael Rodriguez and Nunzio Medici have been friends for two decades. From escaping their dysfunctional families in the working-class neighborhood of South Jamaica, Queens to teaching in one of the city’s most queer friendly schools in Brooklyn, the two men have shared everything. Or so they thought until a sweltering night of dancing leads to an unexpected encounter that forever changes their friendship.

Now, casual touches and lingering looks are packed with sexual tension, and Michael can’t forget the feel of his best friend’s hands on him. Once problems rear up at work and home, Michael finds himself seeking constant escape in the effortless intimacy and mind-blowing sex he has with Nunzio. But things don’t stay easy for long.

When Michael’s world begins to crumble in a sea of tragedy and complications, he knows he has to make a choice: find solace in a path of self-destruction or accept the love of the man who has been by his side for twenty years.

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) Hey just saw it!

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Saturday 8/29.

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) nothing, just wanted to give you a shout to remember you we have this book too to read

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) sunday 09/13?

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Believe me I know. We also have Him, Chasing, You are the Reason, and Butterfly. Any ideas?

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) I sent you a PM with possible dates

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Ok. Will read it soon.

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) LOU??????

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments YAAAASSSSSSSS?

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) I think we have a problem

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) I spent the last two hours coloring...

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments You're making this very difficult. Coloring what? Hair? In coloring book with crayons? What?

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) Yep coloring a coloring book. It should work as stress relief or reliever or something like that.

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Ooooo-kay... so what is "our" problem?

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) You so no caring about all my drama anymore....

Our problem is that I just started SB. Where are you?

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) Chapter 1 hot as fuck!!!

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments
1. I have to understand before I can care, DQ.
2. Now I understand. BUT...I don't see the problem, so you're right. I don't care.
3. I don't care because I haven't started yet, and I may not be able to do it until Monday.
4. Now... what is the problem, and whose problem is it??

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Stella ╰☆╮ Mistress of Gorgonzola Goodness╰☆╮ wrote: "Chapter 1 hot as fuck!!!"

Then I suppose I have the problem since I am missing all the action!

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) If I have known you wasn't going to start it, I would have finished let it go first...

Starting chapter 2 now.these guys relationship is strange

message 25: by Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ (last edited Sep 13, 2015 02:46PM) (new)

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments This spoiler is not related to the book, so go ahead and read it, MGG.

(view spoiler)

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments It's 1:30 a.m.-ish, and I'm calling it a night. I will start this for Monday breakfast.

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) (view spoiler)

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) I have to start chapter 4

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) Starting chapter 6. Where this story is going?

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments I'm baaaaaaaack! Still on 1. Fell asleep last night while I thought I was reading. Lol

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) LOL are you awake now??? Or you are thinking to be reading still?

message 32: by Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ (last edited Sep 14, 2015 07:52AM) (new)

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Yep! And WOW!!!!!
*Lou fans self*
The first chapter was hott.

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments So...Michael isn't out to his family? (Chapter 2)

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) Yep but with friends yes?

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) wasn't going to be some drama? too smooth so far apart from the (view spoiler)

message 37: by Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ (last edited Sep 14, 2015 04:46PM) (new)

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Just finished 7. So far I think Michael is in denial, Nunzio knows he wants Michael, and the twink/teamlead/drunk/cocktease-when-he's-sober Ignoranus needs to take a hike.

Where are you? There's drama, but it seems like most of it takes place off the pages, and we only know about it when the characters discuss the events after the fact. Like when Raymond and Joseph argue, but we only know about it when he phones Michael to get him to come home so he won't kill his dad. I wish the author would show us instead of telling us.

What do you think?

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) I'm thinking something needs to happen cause I'm a little bored

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) I don't know I'm missing something to enjoy the book. I'm feeling disconnected bored disappointed. It's well written, the background story interesting but the main story is lacking in so many things

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) And the MCs act like someone younger than the 32yo I think they are

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) Going to bed. Stopped at the end of chapter 11

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Stella ╰☆╮ Mistress of Gorgonzola Goodness╰☆╮ wrote: "And the MCs act like someone younger than the 32yo I think they are"

Remember the number of years one has been on this planet and emotional maturity are not the same. I know some 50 year old children.

message 43: by Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧ (last edited Sep 14, 2015 06:47PM) (new)

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Stella ╰☆╮ Mistress of Gorgonzola Goodness╰☆╮ wrote: "I'm thinking something needs to happen cause I'm a little bored"

Sometimes drama doesn't happen immediately. Sometimes it builds slowly. The author has set the stage for a whole lotta merde to jump off.

MGG, be careful what you wish for. The Rodriguez version of hell will break loose soon.

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Chapter 14
It's official ... I want to slap Michael. Figure it out, Michael. Get a damn clue!! #HeartlessLou

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Chapter 17
And I did not predict it would lead to this. ..
(view spoiler)

Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧   | 1752 comments Finished!
(view spoiler)

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) No rating yet?

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) Chapter 14 poor Michael!

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) Chapter 15 my poor Michael!!!

Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ (stellamatta) Chapter 16 my poor Michael!!!

« previous 1