Crossroads (Crossroads, #1)
This topic is about Crossroads
2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > ~Melissa~ & Ezi ~ Crossroads

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16154 comments Mod
Blurb:
After divorcing the woman he’d been with since he was seventeen, Nick Fuller is starting over. He owns the restaurant of his dreams and he’s determined to meet new people, find new passions, and experience life to its fullest. Easier said than done—that is until he meets his new neighbor, Bryce Tanner…

Bryce is all about a good time. He plans to show Nick how it’s done, help him meet a few women, and enjoy the gift of the single life he’s been given. But things don’t go as planned, and soon they realize they’d rather be together than with anyone else.

Neither man has ever wanted another guy, but there’s a connection between them from the start—a spark they can’t deny. They find themselves navigating an unfamiliar new world and dealing with unforeseen obstacles. Physical desire isn’t enough, and now Nick and Bryce are at a crossroads. They have to decide which way to go: the easy path they’ve always followed, or the one that's determined to trip them up at every turn.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Hey -checking in :)
Are you thinking beginning, middle or end of Sept, lol

message 3: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ummm. Beginning. I need something to cleanse my reading palate of crapoy ass fairy tale retellings

message 4: by ~Melissa~ (last edited Aug 17, 2015 07:54PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Ummm. Beginning. I need something to cleanse my reading palate of crapoy ass fairy tale retellings" LOL

Ok - want to hit it before or after Labor day - which is the 7th.

message 5: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Aug 17, 2015 08:10PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

~Melissa~ wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "Ummm. Beginning. I need something to cleanse my reading palate of crapoy ass fairy tale retellings" LOL

Ok - want to hit it before or after Labor day - which is..."

Before. I'm going to DC for business Aug. 30-Sept 4. I'll be in a hotel alone

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Sounds good. I'll get it and start it on the first

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Are we going to start this one today?

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I'm going to wait til shelf call tomorrow for Bingo as this might work for a couple of the shelves still avail. I will start this book with my 'bedtime' reading tomorrow night :)

message 9: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ok. Sounds good

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Did you finish up your door stopper of The Bronze Horseman??
I've had it on my tbr for a while....but it's sssooooo looonnnngggg lol

message 11: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

I freaking loved it. This morning I contacted audible and the author on Facebook to inquire about audiobook 2. That 30 hour audiobook didn't feel more than 15hrs.
It's an excellent Book club type book. V audio and Anna and Pat and Stacey read it with me on a BR
I finished yesterday and V is 70% into the book. The rest finished ready

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I'm on the fence - over 600 pgs long :)
I could suggest it to book club but they just read 2 of my picks, lol. I'll keep it in the back of my mind.

Kind of a spoiler - we have one in book club who won't read/finish the book if there (view spoiler)

message 13: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

~Melissa~ wrote: "I'm on the fence - over 600 pgs long :)
I could suggest it to book club but they just read 2 of my picks, lol. I'll keep it in the back of my mind.

Kind of a spoiler - we have one in book club w..."

It's 912 pages, 31 hours. I was on the fence too as I've had that book for 3 yrs after getting it on a kindle deal of the day for $1.99 when its regular $11.99

I LOVED IT. Loved it.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "~Melissa~ wrote: "I'm on the fence - over 600 pgs long :)

Kind of a spoiler - we have ..."

I think I got it the same time you did, lol

so (view spoiler)

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Glad you loved it - I know.... I know I'll have to get to it lol

message 16: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

~Melissa~ wrote: "Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel wrote: "~Melissa~ wrote: "I'm on the fence - over 600 pgs long :)
I could suggest it to book club but they just read 2 of my picks, lol. I'll keep it in the back of my m..."

None. Nope, but war time food rations, scurvy from malnutrition, bleeding gums etc

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments awesome....bleeding gums ....sounds fabulous lol

ok so it would be a good choice - thanks :)

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Ok - I started this one before I made dinner and got through chapter 4.

So far we've met both of the MC's. They both seem sweet in different ways. And we've met/heard about both Mom's and man do they sound like they are going to be pains in the asses. I hope I don't do this to my kids when they are in their late twenties/early thirties. (view spoiler)

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Ok - we are watching season 5 of the Walking Dead - that might be as far as I get tonight. I have another book I'm working on too
I'll read more tomorrow....

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I've made it to chap 8.

(view spoiler)

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments oh also - Christ (view spoiler)

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Oops lied - last two spoilers were from chapter 5 to the middle of Chapter 10. My bad.

Last part of Chapter 10 (view spoiler)

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments LOL - I knew something was gonna happen with that bday party.

I finished up chapter 16

(view spoiler)

message 24: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm starting now.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I'll wait for you to get caught up - hurry up lol :)

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments How far in are you?? Thoughts?

message 27: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nick is going to go out and get bootie with Bryce after Bryce teased him for only being with one girl from age 17 yrs.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments You're only a couple chapters in. You can read post #18 - spoiler was pretty general......

message 29: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

~Melissa~ wrote: "You're only a couple chapters in. You can read post #18 - spoiler was pretty general......"

yes. He has a sweet soul. Now I gotta watch Bryce dirty him up :D

Different kind of story from Watch me break you from yesterday. This one is much sweeter

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Yeah - this will definitely be good for you after that one, lol

message 31: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ok. So brother Jamie gave him a lightbulb moment after the family picnic for Mitch's birthday.

A kiss and a punch is where I am at now :D

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments Yep - pretty funny!!
You've gotten to all of my spoilers....
I'll start again tomorrow

message 33: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

Seriously, I don't believe how easily Bryce is accepting everything. I don't get it. 48hrs later, a humping session?

No one is bugging the hell out? Bryce is talking like this is just normal? Bullshit!

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I know right?? I'm waiting for him to have his freak out. Nick is at least freaking somewhat.

message 35: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

First mutual jerk off session... It was underwhelming to me.

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments hmmm.......I remember fumbling and awkwardness......

I couldn't sleep last night - I read to chap 25 and then I finished it up this morning.

Thoughts (not necessarily in order. for whole book til the end (view spoiler)

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments FYI - RRRC Meet n Greet OCT/NOV sign ups are open :)

message 38: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

~Melissa~ wrote: "hmmm.......I remember fumbling and awkwardness......

I couldn't sleep last night - I read to chap 25 and then I finished it up this morning.

Thoughts (not necessarily in order. for whole book ti..."

What did you think? Riley Hart aka Nyrae Dawn has such inconsistency in her writing, I don't know about her

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I liked it but not as much as Collide. These are the only two I've read by this author. This was probably a 3 to maybe 3.5 but I don't think I'd round up.

Nothing earth shattering here.

message 40: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 3 stars

~Melissa~ wrote: "I liked it but not as much as Collide. These are the only two I've read by this author. This was probably a 3 to maybe 3.5 but I don't think I'd round up.

Nothing earth shattering here."

I've read 5 by Riley Hart, and 3 by Nyrae Dawn

~Melissa~ | 5010 comments I'm afraid to ask - of the 8 how many did you like?