Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Someone put my legal name instead of pen name -- please remove

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Violet (new)

Violet Duke (violetdukebooks) | 23 comments Hi, for this book, for some reason, a librarian created an author account for my legal name and then linked my upcoming book with Random House to my legal name. Could you please delete both? I'm very private and there are very important reasons why my legal name isn't linked to my pen name (not the least of which was stalking in the past and threats). So yes, could you please delete my legal name from my book and then also delete the author profile for my legal name completely. I do not publish under that name and never will. Thank you!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 2: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 301 comments I've deleted your legal name from the book entry, a super librarian will have to handle the author profile.

message 3: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Looks like someone corrected it.

However, you should be aware the additional author was added by the Onix bot, which means this information has come from your publisher. I expect you'll want to take it up with them, to ensure that the data they are providing to Onix is corrected.

message 4: by Violet (new)

Violet Duke (violetdukebooks) | 23 comments Thanks Anastasia!

And thanks for the info, Krazykiwi. I'll talk to my publisher.

How do I contact a super librarian to handle deleting the author profile?

message 5: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Profiles without books are removed automatically, however since you have stalker issues, I got rid of it for you.

(Anastacia: Only staff can remove claimed author profiles, any librarian can deal with empty unclaimed author profiles, although we usually don't, since the script gets them.)

message 6: by Violet (new)

Violet Duke (violetdukebooks) | 23 comments THANK YOU!!!!! You've both been lifesavers! :)

message 7: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13729 comments Krazykiwi wrote: "(Anastacia: Only staff can remove claimed author profiles, any librarian can deal with empty unclaimed author profiles, although we usually don't, since the script gets them.) "

How do you do that, Krazykiwi? Click on edit, delete the name and save? Because I don't see a delete button.

message 8: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Assuming it's completely empty, merge it into one of the mystery meat authors, like Unknown or Anonymous. I only do tjat under extenuating circumstances though, but I think this counted.

message 9: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13729 comments Thanks :)

message 10: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (notemily) | 469 comments lol mystery meat