What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Girl with avian genes hides out in remanants of town. [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian Gomez | 8 comments Not a James Patterson book. Girl was part of super-soldier program of some sort. Escapes and hides out in abandoned town. May have feline genes in addition to avian. Read this in the late 0s. More science fiction than paranormal.

message 2: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy Tassoff | 135 comments Are you sure this was a YA book? It sounds like a scene from Against the Tide by John Ringo.

message 3: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 274 comments The Bar Code Rebellion (Bar Code, #2) by Suzanne Weyn Has a girl or two with avian genes but I don't remember it well enough to know if the rest matches.

message 4: by Brian (new)

Brian Gomez | 8 comments Definitely a YA book.

message 6: by Brian (new)

Brian Gomez | 8 comments Kagama-the Literaturevixen wrote: "Clutch?"

Sounds interesting, but not my book. The book i'm looking for has a protagonist that is alone for most of the story. I seem to remember something about a large fire as well. I'm thinking that maybe the fire destroyed the base and the city near it; not sure about that,though.

message 7: by Brian (new)

Brian Gomez | 8 comments Cupcakedoll wrote: "The Bar Code Rebellion (Bar Code, #2) by Suzanne Weyn Has a girl or two with avian genes but I don't remember it well enough to know if the rest matches."

Not what I'm looking for, but I've been meaning to add that to my to-read shelf.

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 4 comments Maxium Ride? I haven't read it in a while though I sure it's a YA. I think it was more of a group with Avian genes Trying to escape, something. I don't remeber a fire but, I don't really remeber it.

message 10: by Brian (new)

Brian Gomez | 8 comments Juels wrote: "The Seven by Sean Patrick Little?"
No

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments Dusk by Susan Gates?

message 12: by Brian (new)

Brian Gomez | 8 comments Kagama-the Literaturevixen wrote: "Dusk by Susan Gates?"

That's the one! I've been beating my brain trying to remember. My kidney's shot from Pepsi, but if you ever need a part of my liver we're good to go.