Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2015 Weekly checkins > August 14 Week 32

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juanita (new)

Juanita (juanitav) | 723 comments I'm a little late opening this thread. Sorry to those of you who have been looking for it.

I have been reading non-challenge books this week so have nothing to report.

How about you? Have you completed 32 books?

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan (mghrt06) | 540 comments I only finished one book last week. Book Set in the future. I selected Ready Player One.

I thought I was going to have a good reading weekend because I had a long car ride on Friday and Sunday but I ended up chit chatting those entire rides! Oh well. Hopefully I can still read at least one book for the challenge this week so I don't fall behind.

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kiik) | 158 comments I was on vacation last week, so I didn't finish a book before the week was up, but I'm making some progress now. I'm still a couple books behind, but I should have 2 or 3 books to report by the next checkin.

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyesears) I finished Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail for my book with antonyms in the title. I have completed 39 out of 50 prompts, but still have my trilogy left so 13 books left.

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1508 comments I only finished one book last week. I read The Dead Zone by Stephen King as a book published the year I was born. It was ok. Actually, I preferred the TV show that was on USA years ago :)

I am currently reading The Girl on the Train. I'm almost done and I'm getting the feeling that the ending is going to make me mad! We'll see. This was supposed to be my book published this year, but I have already filled that slot. So I don't think this one will count towards a prompt.

I only have 6 prompts left at this point, and I'm halfway through one of them.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lrclark83) I'm up to 35. I've been mixing up challenge books with other books on my to-read list and its funny how many books for categories unexpectedly. I just finished Vanishing Girls By Lauren Oliver and it made me cry so it ended up fitting that category. Then, while driving from NY to Maine, I listened to an audio book of The Forgotten Girls bY Sara Blaedel. it takes place in Denmark so I looked it up online and it was translated to English so it fits the category of a book published in another language.

message 7: by Ray (new)

Ray Jordan I am currently reading " Hannibal Rising " for my book with bad reviews prompt. My reading progress has been slow but I plan to be done this one by Thursday. I plan to start "Murcury Falls" for my funny book prompt by this Friday.

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cheryde) I finished a book from my childhood. Since I am not re-reading books, I chose a book that I wish I would have read as a child. I actually bought the whole series several years ago and they were packed away but got to finally open up a bunch of boxes of my books and found the "Cherry Ames" series. They are a bit older than me (written in the 1940s), but I believe they still remain somewhat popular with some children. I read the first in the series Cherry Ames Student Nurse Cherry Ames, Student Nurse (Cherry Ames, #1) by Helen Wells by Helen Wells. I found this book fun in that it portrays nursing "old school," but I thought it was charming and of course very different than nursing today, but yet many aspects still remain in the field of nursing.

message 9: by Kaci (new)

Kaci | 67 comments Since my last update Ive read Liquor by Poppy Z Brite and absolutely loved it. I'm trying to work the sequel into my challenge list now. I also read I Am Not A Serial Killer which was also very good. It wasn't what I expected but I really enjoyed it. This filled my Mystery/Thriller spot. I'm reading 4 books at once right now which the most I've ever tackled but I'm catching up!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.