Small Government Book Fan Club discussion

Non-Book Talk: News and Politics > The "Cuckservative" Meme

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Henry (new)

Henry Brown (machinetrooper) | 236 comments Not sure if anyone outside the Manosphere has heard this term yet, but it's risen to prominence in the last couple months.

I reacted to it on Virtual Pulp. Had one interesting comment so far, which suggests the definition varies depending on who uses it.

http://www.virtualpulp.net/2015/07/30...

Not sure why we need this label when we've already got "NeoCon" and "RINO."

message 2: by Marina (new)

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 1445 comments Mod
NeoCon seems to apply only to foreign policy and RINO is WAY overused. Also this term implies a certain level of weakness (gamma male? I'm not 100% up on all the terms). Chris Christie is a RINO but he's not weak or emasculated.

My biggest problem with the new term is that it sounds like... something else.

message 3: by Henry (new)

Henry Brown (machinetrooper) | 236 comments I think the gamma male part is right on, as the "cuck" comes from "cuckold." And knowing the obsessions of some who propagate the term, your homophonic allusion may have some truth to it as well.

So I stand corrected. However, I disagree about NeoCons. Their hawkish foreign policy and lip service to lower taxes (domestic policy) is where the conservative or "con" part of their label comes from. But in every other way (especially domestic) they are merely Democrats Lite and that's why the "neo" is there.

message 4: by Marina (new)

I'm just coming off a flame war in my FB group about neocons. There is a type of conservative, or more often libertarian, who uses "Neocon" as a shorthand for "Dual-loyalty JOOZ who get us into wars." Sooooo, I would not mind if the term went away altogether.

message 5: by Marina (new)

Fiorina is on her way to become the first cuckservative woman if she keeps accepting the premises from the Progs but claims she can "do it better."

Income inequality needs to be fixed. Um, NO.Crappy economy needs to be fixed.

Anthropogenic climate change is a real problem (and totally not a Progressive power-grabbing hoax), but we have to convince China to play along first? No, no, and H*ll no.

Nice try. Thanks for playing. Next!