UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > The Perfect Tipple

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard (new)

Richard Mallett | 31 comments Everyone here likes to read a good book but what I want to know is what is your preferred tipple?. Do your read your fiction dry or wet? Hot or cold?
Are you drinking tea and reading? Are there biscuits or do you prefer a beer or a whiskey as your escape into your favourite book.

For myself I like to sit back in my favourite sofa, with Honey Jim Beam in a tall thin glass with a touch of coke and some ice and sip it gently as I read.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I am very fond of a good dark rum, but have discovered vodka slushies in a packet at Tesco, which are delish!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I prefer water, as I'm teetotal.

message 4: by Richard (new)

Richard Mallett | 31 comments Vodka Slushies Gingerlilly could get me in trouble but in this heat I can see your logic.

Water is good Patti, nothing wrong with H20, do you like it cold or room temp however and are there nibbles?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Room temp and veggie nibbles.

Raw turnip.

Mmmmmmmrawturnipmmmmmm

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21836 comments I trust everybody is taking note of Patti's preferences so we know what to serve when she visits

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I should hope so, Jim.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Patti, you're full of it!

message 9: by Richard (new)

Richard Mallett | 31 comments I have a feeling the price in turnips is on the rise.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Im sure you can make alcohol from turnips somehow...

message 12: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments I think Patti has been on that bottle or rum she mentioned before.

I'm also a fan of dark rum

Mmmmmmdarkrummmmmmmmm

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Uh oh. She's released the kraken.

message 15: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments I have some of that at home.

Yum

message 16: by Richard (new)

Richard Mallett | 31 comments Other mythical creatures are available at all good wine stores...probably

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments What would that off licence be called, I wonder?

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Uh oh. She's released the kraken."

The top is still on it!

message 19: by Richard (new)

Richard Mallett | 31 comments Apparently there is a Minotaur energy drink so I am waiting to see what else is out there.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Any containing unicorn farts?

message 22: by Richard (new)

Richard Mallett | 31 comments I think that's what they really put in all the fizzy drinks. The Unicorn farms are exclusively owned by Pepsi and Coke Cola

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Lacking in glitter, sadly.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Lacking in glitter, sadly."

Shake some out of your underwear.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments It got all washed out over the summer.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "It got all washed out over the summer."

Beaten on a rock in Peru? Were they surprised that their river went all glittery?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Nope. Proper washing machines in Peru.

Rather disappointing, really.

I brought buttons and didn't require them.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Buttons. What for..?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments As an alternate for Velcro.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Requires slightly more dexterity, though.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I detest Velcro.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: "I detest Velcro."

Why?

Desley (Cat fosterer) (booktigger) | 11045 comments Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: "I am very fond of a good dark rum, but have discovered vodka slushies in a packet at Tesco, which are delish!"

I like those, but don't freeze them, I go for the cocktail ones.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: "I detest Velcro."

Why?"

It is doesn't work. It fastens when I don't want it to, and comes apart when I want it to fasten. It makes a loud noise when I am trying to be quiet. It rips threads out of my clothes. I'm sure it has it's place, but that is not on my clothes.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I agree. You shouldn't buy clothes with Velcro fastenings.

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (vanessaakadumbo) | 8703 comments Desley (Cat fosterer) wrote: "Gingerlily - Mistress Lantern wrote: "I am very fond of a good dark rum, but have discovered vodka slushies in a packet at Tesco, which are delish!"

I like those, but don't freeze them, I go for t..."

I love the peach daiquiri pouches you get in Asda. I freeze them and take them to the theatre with me and then they are just right to drink by the time the interval comes round.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I had an apple vodka one this evening. Mmmmmmmmmm!

message 39: by Katy (new)

Katy | 3414 comments I don't drink alcohol, so it's usually tea for me! Ocassionally a hot chocolate. Yes to biscuits, too! Usually custard creams :)

message 40: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments I never drink alcohol when reading as I'm forgetful enough.
I read a lot during the night so water it has to be, if reading in the afternoon then a pint mug of coffee hits the spot.

message 41: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments I never - what were we talking about?

message 42: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments I am with Katy and is tea and biccies for me (milk choc hobnobs are the current favourite!)