Casey Ann's Book Club discussion

Chapter 1-2-3 SHADOWS BY PAULA WESTON

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Casey Ann Books (darkreaders) | 22 comments Mod
DONT READ THIS if you haven't got as far to chapter 4.

So can we just talk about how great it is to read a YA set in Australia? like I haven't read many set there!

Lets talk about Gaby! what are your opinions on her so far???

also How hot was that scene with Rafa and her in the bar? whats going on? why does he know her and she doesn't know him? Thoughts?!?

Can this man be Rafa? OH LALA

photo 2014-12-24-samemodelaseyes_zpsrrta5tco.gif

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie | 4 comments Just finished chapter four and I think it's amazing so far. Loving it. Gaby seems really cool but obviously kind of damaged. And Rafa seems amazing and exactly the kind of fictional character I'm going to fall in love with. Can't wait to keep reading this book!

message 3: by Michaella (new)

Michaella Morrison | 10 comments Okay, so I'm Australian and I think it's so amazing to finally find an Australian YA novel! Gaby seems like the kind of badass Aussie girl everyone will love and Rafa is so endearingly intense. And has anyone else already fallen in love with Jude? Even though we already know he's not going to turn up any time soon, I can't help but feel Gaby's loss? Please tell me I'm not crazy haha

Georgi_Lvs_Books Just finished reading the bar scene.

Wow! He's very mysterious. Really keen to know what his intentions are with Gaby and his whole connection with her brother Jude.

Good book so far!

Really liking Gaby also :)

message 5: by Mădălina (new)

Mădălina  Comșa (plimbarinarative) | 7 comments He definitely can be Rafa! No, in my heart he already is!
I started reading this book without having any clue about it and the first chapters already got me addicted!
I am so curious about him and about their relationship. I feel like they share a past or something like that... Don't know yet, still very confused.
The fact that the story takes place in Australia makesit even better since it's the first time I read something like it.
Also, I adore Gaby's personality. She's so dark and awesome! Love it!!

Michaella wrote: "Okay, so I'm Australian and I think it's so amazing to finally find an Australian YA novel! Gaby seems like the kind of badass Aussie girl everyone will love and Rafa is so endearingly intense. And..."

Jude seems like such a cool brother too :(

message 7: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 17, 2015 03:55PM) (new)

Elizabeth Gamez | 5 comments Ok so I am rereading this book, because I read it in June and loved it. Now, that I am rereading it I have caught on to many small details that I didn't quite catch in the first time around. Like just how mind blown Rafa was when he was kissing Gaby in the bar. He says something along the lines of "I had no idea you were this good". I love him so much.

Elizabeth wrote: "Ok so I am rereading this book, because I read it in June and loved it. Now, that I am rereading it I have caught on to many small details that I didn't quite catch in the first time around. Like j..."

he's just a dream boat isn't it??

message 9: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (anowheregirlandherbooks) I am in love with this book. That bar scene... damn. Can I keep Rafa to myself please?

message 10: by Casey Ann Books (new)

Isabel wrote: "I am in love with this book. That bar scene... damn. Can I keep Rafa to myself please?"

Hehe, you may need to fight these girls on here first hehe. <3

message 11: by Sarah-Jane (new)

Sarah-Jane (thebooklife) | 2 comments I love the Aussie setting, that was a nice surprise and I'm really enjoying how fast paced this book is which is quite refreshing. I like Gaby as a character, and you really feel her love for Jude very early on which is important, otherwise it wouldn't have as much of an emotional impact.

Virginie (chouettblog) Just started!

Virginie (chouettblog) Omg! Just finished chapter 4,what the hell was that?