Audiobooks discussion

Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #2)
This topic is about Hollow City
Archives > Photographs to go with audiobook?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Louise (last edited Aug 17, 2015 02:15AM) (new) - added it

Louise (knittingpoppy) | 2 comments When I read Random Riggs first book, "Miss Peregrines's Home for Peculiar Children' I found a PDF with the photographs from the books to look at while I listened to the audiobook. Can anyone tell me where I can find the same for 'Hollow City', his second book? With thanks.

message 2: by Ainsley (new)

Ainsley Stow | 13 comments Hmmmmm, that is a cool bonus feature. PDF photo file included w/ the audio book. I do not know the answer to your query. However, what I do, especially w/ non-fiction or biography books is to borrow the ebook along w/ the audio book, (using my library card and the overdrive app). I take a look at the pics in the ebook, then return the ebook. Then proceed to listen to the audio book.

I realize this is extra work, though worth it to me as the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.

message 3: by Ainsley (new)

Ainsley Stow | 13 comments Oh, to clarify. I use the overdrive app on my iPad mini, download the ebook, and look at the pics in the ebook once I select it from my overdrive bookshelf.

message 4: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (haveah) | 106 comments Some audiobooks just have bonus content. I've encountered four books like that so far.

message 5: by CatBookMom (last edited Sep 03, 2015 11:48AM) (new) - added it

CatBookMom | 995 comments Qldteacher wrote: "When I read Random Riggs first book, "Miss Peregrines's Home for Peculiar Children' I found a PDF with the photographs from the books to look at while I listened to the audiobook. Can anyone tell m..."

https://www.goodreads.com/ebooks/down...

I googled 'hollow city pdf' and this came up, along with some other links to the same document. This is an excerpt, but there are several pictures and the cast of characters have photos. You might check other hits that come up with that google

message 6: by Audible Support (last edited Sep 14, 2015 01:17PM) (new)

Audible Support (audible_com) | 260 comments Qldteacher wrote: "When I read Random Riggs first book, "Miss Peregrines's Home for Peculiar Children' I found a PDF with the photographs from the books to look at while I listened to the audiobook. Can anyone tell m..."

Hey Qldteacher, this is Audible Social Support! We're sorry for any delay in response, however, here is the link for all children books with synchronized images: http://adbl.co/1FavivT. Hope this helps!

Janice (jamasc) | 941 comments If you go to the book page for Hollow City on Audible's website, there is a link under the Publisher's Summary for the supplementary download.

message 8: by Karen B. (new) - added it

Karen B. (raggedy11) some of the books in my library have synchronized images but I don't know how to get them. Do I download them separately does anyone know.

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessical1961) | 519 comments Seems like I remember purchasing some audible books that had downloadable extra content, but I can't remember which ones. How do I find out, and how ho I download it?

Mirkat | 54 comments I listened to this one as a Playaway audiobook, checked out from my library--not a download. The first book, I downloaded from my library's electronic collection, and that one did have a supplementary PDF available for download. Any way to gain access to a supplementary PDF that does not involve an "Audible" purchase? (Sorry, but I am *cheap*!)

message 11: by SaMILE (new)

SaMILE | 1 comments Qldteacher wrote: "When I read Random Riggs first book, "Miss Peregrines's Home for Peculiar Children' I found a PDF with the photographs from the books to look at while I listened to the audiobook. Can anyone tell m..."

Hi, I know this is kind of a late answer but I do have the pdf that comes with the audio book of Hollow City. I don't know if I'm allowed to share it here so just send me a message and I'm happy to share. I am also looking for the pdf of the first book.
Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany,
Sam