8K Literacy discussion

Reading Journal > Journal Response Week 1

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin White | 6 comments Mod
Complete a reading journal response using five of the sentences from the Readers Journal Prompt handout.

message 2: by Analia (new)

Analia Messina | 3 comments While i was reading today:
i was thinking about john greens other books.
I would like to ask the author what made you write paper towns?
The things i like best about the way the author has written the book is that the book is good.
After reading today i am thinking about prom.
What i read today is mainly about founding Margo.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily Lolo | 3 comments while i was reading today i found myself thinking about.... why wesley is calling bianca (aka the duff).

what i read is mainly about... a guy trying to hit on bianca friends.

message 4: by Terina (new)

Terina | 2 comments while I was reading was thinking about school
what was he thinking about when writing the book
I pictured the school being busy. and yellow busses outside

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

reading today made me remember about friendships. after reading today, i wonder why the characters started to drift. if i was the author of this book, i would make harvey popular so it would change the whole relationship with alice. after reading my book today, i am thinking about how alice passed out and harvey was there. what i read today is mainly about the past about harvey and alice.

message 6: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Gerick | 2 comments side effect may vary

while i was reading today i found myself thinking about any could get cancer

i would like to ask the author of this book why make a book about caner victims

some words i read today that i really like were none of the words in the book were interesting out to me

The author helps me to visualise as i read by having a lot of detail in the book

what i read today is mainly about people getting cancer

message 7: by Analia (new)

Analia Messina | 3 comments While i was reading today:
i was thinking about john greens other books.
I would like to ask the author what made you write paper towns?
The things i like best about the way the author has written the book is that the book is good.
After reading today i am thinking about where did Margo went.
What i read today is mainly about founding the clues.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Side Effects May Vary

to be the author of this book you would ahve to know quite alot about, friendship and what cancer does to people emotionally. after reading today i wonder what will happen with harvey and alice. some words i read today that i really liked were wanderlust and tinged. the things that help me make picture in my head as i read this book are were the describing that everything. what i read today is mainly about alic's birthday.

message 9: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Magee | 4 comments Side effects may vary Olivia
To be the author of this book, you would have to know quite a lot about cancer and the effects of being sick to friends and family.
After reading today I wonder how Alice felt on her 17th birthday and her emotions about having cancer and being in remission. I wonder how she copes being at school.
The things I like best about the way the author has written this book are the way she tells a story based on the experience of having cancer and how it sounds like a real life situation.
After reading my book today I am thinking about what if cancer happens to me and how I would deal with it.
what I read today is mainly about Alice's 17th birthday and telling Harvey she has leukaemia.

message 10: by Abdul (new)

Abdul Ibrahim | 2 comments 1-reading today made me remember how hard WW2 was
2-i would like to ask the author why the book is short
3-if i was the author i would make it a movie
4-the author help visualize by adding talking marks.
5-the main things that happened so far is that Paris got bombed.

message 11: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Fountis | 2 comments the hunger games

while i was reading today i found myself thinking about what it will be like in her position.

i would like to ask the author what gave her the idea to make the hunger games.

i can tell this book is fiction because they would really set up games to kill people.

the author helps me visualize as i was reading by describe the scenes.

what i read today is mainly about people killing eachother in the games.

message 12: by Terina (new)

Terina | 2 comments i found my self thinking of a teens movies
i would like to ask my author where he got his inspiration from?
i know the book i'm reading is about romance because there are always talking about relationships.
today after i read the book i thought about school
what i read was mainly about relationships

message 13: by Brock (new)

Brock Bamford | 3 comments hunger games

while i was reading today i found myself thinking about? life and death situations

i would ask the author of my book? what mad you write this book

the things i like best about the way the author has written this book are? the story line and the book in general

after reading my book today i am thinking about? hunting and fighting

what i read today is mainly about? hunting life and death

message 14: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Gerick | 2 comments side effects may vary
While i was reading today i found myself thinking about what happens to people in remission

I would like to ask the author of my book why did you write this book

Some words i read today that i really liked were nothing

After reading my book today, i am thinking about cancer must be hard to fight through

This book is mainly about a young girl fighting cancer

message 15: by Mitchell (new)

Mitchell | 9 comments Hunger Games

prediction and prior knowledge:
while i was reading today i was thinking about me hunting
questions:
after reading today i wonder if it was hard to write the book after the movie
visualizations:
i was visualizing when catnis was in the tree and the other team was underneath her

message 16: by Trent (new)

Trent Saunders | 1 comments While is was reading today I found myself thinking about what happened to Solaris at the end of the book.
After reading today, I wonder whats going to happen in the other books.
I know the book I am reading is a adventure book because Sam is trying to find the kids that went missing.
After reading my book today, I am thinking about how the next book is going to be.
This book is mainly about Sam is trying to find his real parents.

message 17: by Helen (new)

Helen Le | 4 comments while i was reading today, i was thinking about how the character was feeling while walking in the building.
i would like to ask to author of my book why he choose to write this book
i know my book is fiction.
after reading this book, i was thinking a about how it changed his life.

message 18: by Jye (new)

Jye Zamperoni | 2 comments When I was reading today I found myself wondering,
If the book was going to go. And how the books writer had had so much success with the previous novels

I would Like to ask the author of my book:
What got you into the fantasy Genre

Some of the Words I really liked were:
Splendid and scruffy

After reading today, I found myself thinking about
Who is the blue queen?

What I read today was mainly about:
Introducing Rondo and the Blue Queen

message 19: by Anyou (new)

Anyou | 1 comments Today, I read Paper Towns which I didn't really find too interesting. The book had a repetitive story line, making me feel sick. So instead I read another book, which I found very interesting, and currently, I am up to page 384. I guess the book really isn't for my age, so I really had no idea what the author was thinking. I think I may need to read the book twice to understand the novel a lot better even though I do understand it. I hope to find certain novels like this, and when I grow up, and I am not guided by parents, I will watch the video.

message 20: by Carla (new)

Carla Franks | 1 comments I think i can guess what is about to happen in my book... I think that Jess and Casey will get a boyfriend and Bianca wont.

After reading today i wonder... Why they named the book the duff ( designated ugly fat friend)

If i was the author of this book i would... I would make the book a little more interesting, by putting more interesting words in the book.

After reading my book today i am thinking about... Why bianca kissed wesley

What i read today is mainly about.. How bianca kissed wesley and is really angry about it because she hates him.