Adaptation: Book VS Film discussion

Buddy Up > Buddy-Up Book Recommendations.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kerry (last edited Aug 16, 2015 08:59PM) (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) | 249 comments Is there a book to film adaptation you are interested in reading/viewing and discussing?

*Why not FIND a BUDDY OR MULTIPLE BUDDIES to ENJOY the STORY WITH and DISCUSS IT DURING AND AFTER?* :)

HOW IT WORKS:
For eg: If you are interested in reading/watching GONE GIRL

1) Put out the call for a buddy under this tab (Wanted a buddy for..) as something like:'Wanted BUDDIES 4 GONE GIRL' or GONE GIRL anyone?

2) Find your buddies, Add a discussion link and go at your own pace.

message 2: by Brett (new)

Brett | -2 comments 'The Devil in the White City' by Erik Larson?

Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio team up once again for the film adaptation!

message 3: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) | 249 comments Well I am a big DiCaprio fan and he and Scorsese's work is usually amazing so I will look up the book and get back to you :) when is the film out do you know?

message 4: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) | 249 comments Just checked it out, yes I will be in on the read with you for sure :) I love non-fiction and funny enough watched a documentary about H.H HOLMS not long ago. News has it the film adaptation is in pre-production and Dicaprio will be playing Holms. I will find myself a copy of the book soon. Do you have one? We can set up a link soon

message 5: by Brett (new)

Brett | -2 comments Great! Yes, I do have a copy already... just let me know when you have one.

message 6: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) | 249 comments will do

message 7: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) | 249 comments Hey Brett. I got myself a copy of Devil in the white city/ Hester has one. Lulu is getting one. so for this book we can pop over to the llink under buddy up now for it :)

message 8: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) | 249 comments Anyone want to buddy up for

White Oleander by Janet Fitch

or

The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty

message 9: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 61 comments I would be interested in reading White Oleander. I would not be able to start until sometime in November. I have 5 books I am trying to get to read right now.

message 10: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) | 249 comments Maya wrote: "I would be interested in reading White Oleander. I would not be able to start until sometime in November. I have 5 books I am trying to get to read right now."

excellent Maya I can hold off til then and wait for you :)

message 11: by Maya (new)

Maya B | 61 comments Kerry wrote: "Maya wrote: "I would be interested in reading White Oleander. I would not be able to start until sometime in November. I have 5 books I am trying to get to read right now."

excellent Maya I can ho..."

ok great!

message 12: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Casey (caseykerry) | 249 comments HARRAY thanks sweetie i look forward 2 it"!!!