2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Dr Zhivago
This topic is about Dr Zhivago
. Week 46: Another Language > Dr. Zhivago by Boris Pasternak

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments There are so many reasons why this book is on my list: it is my Mom's favourite book, there is a movie to watch afterwards, there is a book written about the influence it had during the Cold War that I want to read.

message 2: by Alina (new)

Alina | 63 comments I tried this book (on Audiobook) for a love triangle but with all the Russian names, it was way too hard to follow. I stopped listening after a short while. Maybe one day I'll read the actual book.

message 3: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments Alina wrote: "I tried this book (on Audiobook) for a love triangle but with all the Russian names, it was way too hard to follow. I stopped listening after a short while. Maybe one day I'll read the actual book."

I am sorry to hear that Alina. I was thinking of listening to the audiobook because of the length of the book. I am glad that I decided to read it instead. Maybe I should make a list of names while I am reading it, hopefully it will keep everyone straight.

message 4: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments I just received a call from the library, this book is waiting for me. It is such a long story that I wanted to get it started a few weeks early. I am also reading Les Misérables so I am going to need all of the time I can get.

message 5: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments I am going to put this on my DNF shelf. It is a clunky read for me. So far I have only read a few pages but have had to reread several lines. The translation maybe the problem, but the text does not flow very well. Some of the sentences are very confusing.
It is my mothers favourite book, but I just can not do it.
I am going to switch to "The Little Prince"