2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1)
. Week 35: Childhood Book > The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments I was going to read another book for this week, one that I read many times as a teen.

While re-watching the movie with my family a few nights ago, I decided to re-read this one instead. This is one of those books that as soon as I knew that I was having a child I went out and purchased. We have now read the entire set of books, and watched the movies based on them many times over.

Visiting Narnia always brings a smile to my face.

Jana I reread this for this week as well. I remember loving the series when I was a child. I did not remember much though. It was like reading it again for the first time. As an adult, though, I saw a lot of Christian symbolism that I missed as a child. (:

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments I agree about the Christian symbolism, I really did not notice it either.
I am only to the bravest house currently and have been able to ignore most of the symbolism.

Biana My brother is 42 and rereads this series every year. He says that he's never let go of his time in Narnia. Soon, he will be reading it to his son.

I think we all want a trip to Narnia. I would pick that over Disneyland!

Jean Cole (joc724) | 115 comments This was my choice as well. And like others here, I loved it as a child. This is one of the books that jump-started my love for reading. The idea of climbing through the back of a wardrobe into another land was so magical and enthralling. And like others I didn't recognize the Christian symbolism but it's pretty obvious now that I'm an adult. I didn't even know this was a series until much later in life. The rest of the series is on my TBR list. Once I get through with this challenge!