the Belle Cult discussion

Book Quotes > Book Pass Around

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ash (new)

Ash (phantasmalcaricature) | 42 comments Mod
Hey! So Sophia [perksofabookshelf] had a great idea and suggested something where we could take someone's book - with their consent, ofc - and pass it around to each of the people participating. Each person will find a few passages and mark them, or just comment on them - whatever they wish to do. It'll probably be sent around twice so everyone can see the comments. Who else wants to do it? [And the book hasn't been decided yet so if anyone has an idea on what book, write that too. :3]

message 2: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) We should also have different colors other Sophia called purple already (sorry, Philippa) and I called black! We aren't sure what book we will do it with, I was thinking Miss Peregrines since we know about the idea from the beginning of the month. (And we don't know any further than September we should figure that out sometime in early/middle September so people have time to plan for school, events, their TBR, etc)

message 3: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) We should also have different colors other Sophia called purple already (sorry, Philippa) and I called black! We aren't sure what book we will do it with, I was thinking Miss Peregrines since we know about the idea from the beginning of the month. (And we don't know any further than September we should figure that out sometime in early/middle September so people have time to plan for school, events, their TBR, etc)

message 4: by Sophia (new)

message 5: by Sophia (new)

message 6: by Sophia (new)

message 7: by Ash (new)

I CALL DARK BLUE [or light, i dunno what i have ahah]

message 8: by Sian (new)

Sian (ssiiann) | 13 comments I call pink! But what do you mean by pass it around?

message 9: by Ash (new)

So we send it to each of the participants' mailing addresses, and each person that gets it marks, and then sends it to the next person.

message 10: by Ash (new)

So we send it to each of the participants' mailing addresses, and each person that gets it marks, and then sends it to the next person.

message 11: by Ash (new)

message 12: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) Ok, so, by pass the book around, we mean to mail the book to eachother in a circle and we can each mark and comment on passages kind of like sisterhood of the traveling pants where it's passed around to eachother and basically, someone would volunteer to have their book passed around and we would each mark a passage and I think we would pass it around twice so everyone could see all the comments? I think it sounds really fun (it might take a while, but it still sounds cool) and the person whose book it is would get it back in the end, with comments from everyone in the cult

message 13: by Philippa (new)

Philippa Ahhhh this sounds so cool I LOVE IT. I feel like this needs to become a series thing so everyone gets an anotated book ;) AND DAMNIT WHAT DO I DO NOW THAT BOTH PURPLE AND BLUE HAVE GONE?!?!?!

message 14: by Philippa (new)

Philippa I guess I'll go red?

message 15: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (perksofabookshelf) | 29 comments i think we should have a book with loads of feels to enhance the experience as well.

message 16: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) So basically ATBP

message 17: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) So basically ATBP

message 18: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) And also, I'll be posting the discussion for ATBP on the 26th of this month!! (I think that's a good day)

message 19: by Philippa (new)

Philippa 26th it is!
I think the person who's book it is should het to choose what they want to send out, so not necessarily one with lots of feels but one that they think everybody should read?

message 20: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (perksofabookshelf) | 29 comments Yay, we should totally start planning this

message 21: by Philippa (new)

Philippa We should - i am trying to work out the route but Trinidad and Argentina make it a bit more tricky... Could you guys (by which i mostly mean Sian and Mica) find out where it's cheapest for you to post to out of UK/USA/Trinidad/Argentina please? Then I'll take it from there :)

message 22: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (perksofabookshelf) | 29 comments I get that. I just want to make sure it doesn't get forgotten because I'm kind of like super excited lol. we could maybe have the book get sent out in the end of September/ beginning of October? idk, i know we don't really need to be planning THAT far ahead in advance

message 23: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 27 comments This is a fantastic idea! I didn't see this thingy until now so I apologize for my lateness but I am totally on board! If you guys want i can just go buy the book we decide to use? We should use a paperback because it might be lighter to ship if it goes by weight. Idk. I don't know shipping things haha

message 24: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 27 comments This is a fantastic idea! I didn't see this thingy until now so I apologize for my lateness but I am totally on board! If you guys want i can just go buy the book we decide to use? We should use a paperback because it might be lighter to ship if it goes by weight. Idk. I don't know shipping things haha

message 25: by Philippa (new)

Philippa Definitely paperback yeah! Hardback would be way more expensive and yes for Rachel/Lydia discovering stuff about unis
And don't worry Sophia there is NO chance this will get forgotten because it's such an awesome idea

message 26: by Mica (new)

Mica (hedalesmics) | 3 comments Sorry I am this late! I have plenty of things to do for school but finally I can check this. I think it's a pretty good idea, actually, and yeah I could search for the cheapest way to send books abroad here :) And for the colors, can I pick orange?

message 27: by Philippa (new)

Philippa Mics wrote: "Sorry I am this late! I have plenty of things to do for school but finally I can check this. I think it's a pretty good idea, actually, and yeah I could search for the cheapest way to send books ab..."

Please look it'd be mega helpful!
And yeah orange works :)

message 28: by Philippa (new)

Philippa We're going to run out of colours soon me thinks

message 29: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 27 comments Haha yeah I was gonna say maybe we could have like different shades of a color for different people. Im not saying that right.. I mean one person could have light pink and another could have hot pink.

message 30: by Philippa (new)

Philippa Light blue and dark blue
Different shades of green
Yeah that would be a good idea... Maybe we need to write our names in our colour at the front of the book(s?) as reference ;)

message 31: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 27 comments That's a good idea!

message 32: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 27 comments If sparkles were a color that's what I would pick haha

message 33: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 27 comments By the way, I wanted to thank all of you that started this book club! I've always wanted to do something like this but just never had the opportunity. I'm enjoying the book even more so knowing that other people are reading along with me.

message 34: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (perksofabookshelf) | 29 comments Yea I figure we could put a log of everyone in the front, along with the date maybe and our own color. We could also like rate the book in the back or put our final thoughts

message 35: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (perksofabookshelf) | 29 comments Yea I figure we could put a log of everyone in the front, along with the date maybe and our own color. We could also like rate the book in the back or put our final thoughts

message 36: by Ash (new)

Good idea Sophia!

message 37: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) I was just thinking pens or highlighters

message 38: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (perksofabookshelf) | 29 comments We could maybe use stickers oi

message 39: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (perksofabookshelf) | 29 comments We could maybe use stickers but idk if they will stay through it all. Optional I guess*

message 40: by Lydia (new)

Lydia (thesparklywriter) | 14 comments can't believe I've only just seen this thread!! I think this is a great idea! (can I have dark green?)As for uni postage,we won't know till we get settled and we'll all have to look up cheapest ways to post paperbacks etc

message 41: by Lydia (new)

Lydia (thesparklywriter) | 14 comments oh and we'll have to figure out a route kind of thing, like whose going to post it to who. (this is such a cool idea! I'm far too excited)

message 42: by Philippa (new)

Philippa Lydia wrote: "oh and we'll have to figure out a route kind of thing, like whose going to post it to who. (this is such a cool idea! I'm far too excited)"

I'm already looking at possible routes, just got to wait for you, Rachel, Mics and Sian to find out about postage :)

message 43: by Lydia (new)

Lydia (thesparklywriter) | 14 comments awesome, I'll look it up as soon as I can :)

message 44: by Philippa (new)

Philippa Rachel wrote: "I know how the post system works at my accommodation! :) Who do I send the appropriate details to?"

Email them to me, Rachel - bookbug141@gmail.com :)

message 45: by Sian (new)

Sian (ssiiann) | 13 comments I won't be able to :( at least not for now. But soooooooonnn hopefully :):

message 46: by Sian (new)

Sian (ssiiann) | 13 comments I won't be able to :( at least not for now. But soooooooonnn hopefully :):

message 47: by Philippa (new)

Philippa Sian wrote: "I won't be able to :( at least not for now. But soooooooonnn hopefully :):"

Let us know when you can! :)

message 48: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (perksofabookshelf) | 29 comments I kinda wanna do Amy & Roger's Epic Detour for this, even though its kinda summerey.

message 49: by Sophia (new)

Sophia Schooler (questionably_chaotic) Sophia wrote: "I kinda wanna do Amy & Roger's Epic Detour for this, even though its kinda summerey."

I wanna read that book so bad!! It sounds so cute!! Gaahh can we read it for October?!?!

message 50: by Philippa (new)

Philippa Sophia wrote: "I wanna read that book so bad!! It sounds so cute!! Gaahh can we read it for October?!?!"

Well if you suggest it in the right thread then we can see what people say can't we ;)

« previous 1