2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas, #1)
This topic is about Odd Thomas
. Week 43: New Author > Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 307 comments Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas, #1) by Dean Koontz

For this week I have picked Odd Thomas because I've never read anything by Koontz before and I keep hearing good things about him, especially The Odd Thomas series. I can't wait to open this one up.

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (gamerkiti) I've got this on my TBR shelf!! I actually just ordered my copy from thrift books about a month ago. I fell in love with the story when I watched the movie on Neftlix and I really hope the book(s) go along with that to a certain degree. I'm eager to know what you think of it!

message 3: by Holli (new) - added it

Holli | 30 comments I've both read the book and watched the movie. The movie follows the book pretty well. Naturally, some stuff is left out of course. But I think they did a decent job with the movie in keeping true to the book.

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (gamerkiti) Holli wrote: "I've both read the book and watched the movie. The movie follows the book pretty well. Naturally, some stuff is left out of course. But I think they did a decent job with the movie in keeping true ..."

Holli I am so happy to hear this! It makes me even more excited to sit down and read the book!

message 5: by Holli (new) - added it

Holli | 30 comments Brittany wrote: "Holli I am so happy to hear this! It makes me even more excited to sit down and read the book!"

You're welcome. Hope you and Manda both enjoy it. :)

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 307 comments So far I'm loving it. I'm about 10% in. I had troubles putting it down last night, which is a good problem to have. I didn't realize they made a movie from the book.

message 7: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (gamerkiti) Manda wrote: "So far I'm loving it. I'm about 10% in. I had troubles putting it down last night, which is a good problem to have. I didn't realize they made a movie from the book."

Manda, the movie is amazing!! Although the end really made me want to cry. They've got it on Netflix, or the last time I checked they did which was about a week ago. I'm glad to see that you've had a problem putting it down, those are always the best types of books!!

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 307 comments I finished this earlier this week. I really loved the book and ended up watching the movie the next day. I've been raving about the book, but didn't quite enjoy the movie as much as everyone else seems to. I felt like they left too many important details out of the movie that left it very flat from the book.

5 stars to the book!

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments Amanda is the ending sad? I am looking for a book that makes you cry and I am hoping this will fit.

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments Sorry, Manda. Stupid auto correct.

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 307 comments Anastasia, it's sad and quite unexpectedly too. I'm not typically someone who cries, but this book had me on the verge of tears. I think this book could work well for that topic.

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 319 comments :) I just added it to that week, thank you Manda.

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 307 comments You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it! I can't wait to read to your thoughts.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Odd Thomas (other topics)